Guardian/Juggernaut dps specs do not need a dps buff

Regurgitate

Guardians/Juggernaut's, knights/warriors for that matter their does not need a increase. I say this only because I don't want my favorite class to receive a super nerf later down the road once people wise up.

I easily crit for 5k + now as focus spec guardian with full bm gear modded for all power/surge.

Defensive cooldowns, whatever I don't care but there is honestly no need for this class to receive anything like "dispatch at 30%, or free kicks/awes" or anything else that helps our dps. I love this class I only feel I am trying to look out for its future. Call them fixes or buffs, I don't see this classes dps specs needing anymore efficiency.

Now perhaps the tank spec's need a dps buff or whatever, I don't think so but if that is the case why not just buff that individual skill tree.

Edited by Regurgitate

Call them fixes or buffs. They are not needed when this class can crit for over 7k.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2mn3w5.jpg

Taken post surge nerf...I mean the guy has no pvp gear but still. How does this spec need anymore killing efficiency.

All im saying is only buff defense trees, not knights as a whole. Buffing knights as a whole will leave room for complaining which = them nerfed in the long run.

Edited by Regurgitate

DPS and burst damage arent the same thing. DPS is sustainable damage, it's what you want in a raid/pve environment (for most fights). Burst damage is how much damage you can do per attack or with longer cooldown attacks, it's what you want in pvp where you need to kill a relatively low-health target before it can receive a heal.

Doesnt matter if you can pull off 10k crits in pvp, if you cant put out the sustained damage needed to match up on boss fights.

Good thing they're getting nerfed, then?

And if this thing actually plays out with everyone waiting on supercharged smashes, then it'll only increase the volume of QQ about smash (and jugg's big spike), which will just lead to a direct nerf of either smash or one source of the spike.

Good thing they're getting nerfed, then?

And if this thing actually plays out with everyone waiting on supercharged smashes, then it'll only increase the volume of QQ about smash (and jugg's big spike), which will just lead to a direct nerf of either smash or one source of the spike.

DUH THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY

Look out for the longevity of this class......by not buff it now. Because thats what it got was a buff, not a nerf.

juggs got nerfed, read the patch notes again tyvm.

edit:

you dont crit 7k on a target with 600+ expertise so that screenie is irrelevant.

the average with high surge and BM gear is 4-4.5k

Wish my operative could hit that hard, and she's SUPPOSED to be a burst DPS spec.

I don't understand the fascination with the focus/rage trees. It's by far the most boring spec I've played in this game so far. The damage isn't as great as everyone makes it out to be either. Getting a big crit doesn't mean you're doing a good amount of DPS.

I've been hit just as hard by other abilities in this game that don't require a painful long and obvious set up. That's without even mentioning how easy is it to avoid it.

I don't understand the fascination with the focus/rage trees. It's by far the most boring spec I've played in this game so far. The damage isn't as great as everyone makes it out to be either. Getting a big crit doesn't mean you're doing a good amount of DPS.

I've been hit just as hard by other abilities in this game that don't require a painful long and obvious set up. That's without even mentioning how easy is it to avoid it.

This was for the most part my impression aswell....and without a group anything melts you.

Felling Blow is now a 3-point skill with the same overall effect. The effect now lasts 20 seconds (up from 15).

Force Exhaustion's cooldown has been reduced to 18 seconds. Its overall effect is unchanged.

Gravity now specifically affects Freezing Force and Force Exhaustion.

Inner Focus has been redesigned. It now requires 2 points in Singularity and causes

Combat Focus to immediately grant 2 stacks of Singularity per point.

Master Focus now increases the damage of Master Strike instead of affecting Force Stasis.

Singularity's buff effects now last 20 seconds (up from 15).

Swelling Winds is now located in Tier 1 of the Focus skill tree. It increases the damage dealt by Force Sweep and Cyclone Slash and reduces the cooldown of Force Sweep.

Through Peace, a new 2-point skill located in Tier 6, has been added. It reduces the initial activation cost of Focused Defense by 1 Focus per point.

Unwavering Focus has been removed from the game.

Zealous Leap now immobilizes the target for 1 second.

Zephyr has been replaced by Zephyrean Slash, which allows Slash critical hits to have a chance to refund 2 points of Focus while the Guardian is in Shii-Cho Form.

so 10 seconds on stasis cd is the only nerf?? for all of that.

Inner Focus has been redesigned. It now requires 2 points in Singularity and causes Combat Focus to immediately grant 2 stacks of Singularity per point. - almost makes up for it in some way...

Edited by Regurgitate

DUH THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY

Look out for the longevity of this class......by not buff it now. Because thats what it got was a buff, not a nerf.

You're clearly not taking the removal of Zephyr from the game into consideration. Sweep bombs are every 12 seconds in 1.2 instead of 9. The sliders on the class can go up in every other area but with a 25% cooldown increase it would still be a net nerf.

Edited by Onager