What's the name of the AOE that Snipers and Gunslingers use?

Achyuta

It hurts... A lot.

Snipers it's called plasma probe, but I'm not sure what it's called in pub-speak.

And yeah, it's BS. AOE damage, 50% slow, no CD, can be reapplied whenever they want, they can move it around, if you use a breaker to get out of it they can just put a new one right back down on you that will slow you again, they just keep it going forver anywhere there is going to be a lot of the enemy who must be in that area due to objectives [guarding doors, guarding nodes, etc]. and can have a 100% uptime if so desired.

It use to be 70% and they 'nerfed' it to 50%, like that matters. That's like saying I'm only going to get stabbed 2 times instead of three times.

Total cheese.

P.S. - Wait abit, I'm sure there will be some Snipers and Mercs who come along and say "L2P" which is really just code for 'Please don't take my advantage away'.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Snipers it's called plasma probe, but I'm not sure what it's called in pub-speak.

And yeah, it's BS. AOE damage, 50% slow, no CD, can be reapplied whenever they want, they can move it around, if you use a breaker to get out of it they can just put a new one right back down on you that will slow you again, they just keep it going forver anywhere there is going to be a lot of the enemy who must be in that area due to objectives [guarding doors, guarding nodes, etc]. and can have a 100% uptime if so desired.

It use to be 70% and they 'nerfed' it to 50%, like that matters. That's like saying I'm only going to get stabbed 2 times instead of three times.

Total cheese.

Yeah and even worse when a tank throws guard on them. Even with the damage my Sent does, I can't do ****.

Yeah and even worse when a tank throws guard on them. Even with the damage my Sent does, I can't do ****.

hahah yeah, that's always a sign of a class being OP, when they have the best defensives in the game and they still get guarded heh. They know as long as they keep them alive they got that advantage to win. I've seen mercs and snipers guarded when healers weren't! heh

I play a Carnage Marauder myself, so I feel your pain! Sniper is the bane of Marauders, they are you're worst enemy and they will never leave you alone. Fury/Concentraition have a better time of it because of their anti-cc passives and extra leap that allows them alone to be able to leap to Snipers.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

hahah yeah, that's always a sign of a class being OP, when they have the best defensives in the game and they still get guarded heh. They know as long as they keep them alive they got that advantage to win. I've seen mercs and snipers guarded when healers weren't! heh

I play a Carnage Marauder myself, so I feel your pain! Sniper is the bane of Marauders, they are you're worst enemy and they will never leave you alone. Fury/Concentraition have a better time of it because of their anti-cc passives and extra leap that allows them alone to be able to leap to Snipers.

I play a DPS spec sin/shadow. I'll throw a guard on a sniper if they are under fire, because of course I want to keep them alive if possible. I've learned that throwing a guard on a DPS merc (a good one anyway) is a waste for me. I just die fast, and they would have survived anyway.

Snipers on the other side I target second as a general rule, right after healers. Yes plasma probe sucks. I think even the sniper's own team mates hate it. Seeing one blazing away, even when it's in a green circle, just triggers bad memories. :D