STI's 12-Hour Charity Event 2018

kissingaiur

STI’s 12-Hour Charity Event 2018

When: Saturday June 23rd from 10:00–22:00 EDT

Where: twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Intro

It’s that time again! 2018’s STI’s 12-hour charity event will be held on Saturday June 23rd from 10:00–22:00 EDT and will be streamed live over at https://www.twitch.tv/kissingaiur/.

This going to be my seventh time working with the SWTOR community on a charity project. Last year’s event was an incredible success, together we raised $1,137.47 for The Wounded Warriors Project.

As with last year’s event, all money raised during this year’s event will be donated to a charity chosen by the SWTOR community.

What to expect

I will be streaming 12 hours of nonstop SWTOR PvP action (with no breaks) to support the community’s chosen charity. For each donation made during the event, we will spin a wheel of challenges—the infamous Wheel of Pain. Challenges include us playing the next warzone without gear or doing a number of push-ups equal to the dollar amount donated. This is a way to keep things fun and interesting as the event goes on.

As donation goals are met, I will be doing increasingly silly dares live for your viewing enjoyment: I can confirm banana with hot sauce is back on the menu. Donation goals will be listed below the stream during the event.

How can you help?

Come watch and relax! One of the best ways to support the cause is to stop by and cheer me on! Playing PvP for 12 hours straight is tough and I’ll need your help! As thanks to those taking part, there will be hourly raffles for cartel packs and other goodies.

Note that cartel packs prizes will be awarded on Star Forge. That is, if you win a cartel pack raffle, you will need to have a character on Star Forge to receive your prize. I apologize but cross-server prizes would be a headache!

Donate! Even a few dollars helps! Your donation will be reflected in the live total, which will be updated on-screen during the 12-hour event. After the event is over, 100% of the proceeds will go to a charity chosen by the SWTOR community.

Please vote here: https://strawpoll.com/s863k556

Information about each charity:

The donation pool will go to the charity with the most community votes at the end of the stream.

After the event is over, I send the collected charity pool and post a PayPal receipt here as proof of the transaction (as always).

As a special thank you, prizes will be given to the event’s top donators.

Donator prizes to be announced: watch this space.

Please note that bit donations will not count towards the charity total. This is because bit donations take time to process; I need to send all money raised to the winning charity straightaway.

If you need to contact me for any reason or if you have questions, you can reach me at kissingaiur on the forums or @KissingAiur on Twitter.

Edited by kissingaiur

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be streaming 12 hours of nonstop SWTOR PvP action (with no breaks) to support the community’s chosen charity.

On EQ we called it poop-socking when people raided non-stop and refused to take breaks... Are you really going to sock a charity stream with NO breaks? :eek:

Hey good luck with the event. I am just curious, how did you manage the previous 12 hour long streaming marathons without breaks?

On EQ we called it poop-socking when people raided non-stop and refused to take breaks... Are you really going to sock a charity stream with NO breaks? :eek:

Hey good luck with the event. I am just curious, how did you manage the previous 12 hour long streaming marathons without breaks?

Willpower! I only do it for charity streams. Streaming for long periods of times is not healthy I wouldn’t advise it for anyone, but I personally will do it a couple times a year in support of a good cause :).

Looking forward to watching and donating to a good cause. :)

Also gl with the hot sauce banana xD That can be brutal without being able to have casein D: :(

Luckily I have non-dairy ice cream and almond milk! They do the trick :).

Looking forward to watching and donating to a good cause. :)

Also gl with the hot sauce banana xD That can be brutal without being able to have casein D: :(

Now this depends on the hot sauce too. ^

If you only use Frank's Red Hot, then I am disappointed! But, if you said you were using Mad Dog's 357 Hot Sauce I would be highly impressed! (Even though you are called Hottie, don't even try it... Just don't. lol)

Edited by Lhancelot

Now this depends on the hot sauce too. ^

If you only use Frank's Red Hot, then I am disappointed! But, if you said you were using Mad Dog's 357 Hot Sauce I would be highly impressed! (Even though you are called Hottie, don't even try it... Just don't. lol)

The hot sauce i use is insane, its a mix of like habanero extracts. the first time i did the banana with hot sauce i cried, literally cried LOL.

The hot sauce i use is insane, its a mix of like habanero extracts. the first time i did the banana with hot sauce i cried, literally cried LOL.

ha! Ok that's better than the delicious tasting Frank's Red Hot which isn't especially hot at all. However, when you reach the next level of Hot, you reach for Mad Dog 357. It's made of ghost peppers. The real ones. And it's Effing hot!

I used to use it to coat my power cables back when I had a cat that had this annoying penchant for chewing on cables. I would use gloves and paper towels, then put a slight coat of this sauce on my cables and she never touched them again. :)

I tried bitter apple and other sprays you can buy, they did not work. Mad Dog 357 worked like a charm though. Plus, 1 drop in a bowl of chili makes it spit fire, I aint kidding. Literally, one little drop.

Yes. I am enjoying playing pubside on that server! :)

Now it all makes sense....

hehe Joking!!!

Jokity Joke Joke

Joking Joking Joking Joking.

That's great what you are doing for Charity, my Hat off to you.

12 hours not stop PVPing, I'll be sure to steer clear of you that day!! :p

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm prizes now for the charity event.

There will be raffles for cartel coins and cartel packs. There will be a big raffle prize during the middle and end of the 12 hour stream so stick around!

Top 10 dontators will be getting prizes which range from cartel coins to 30 day SWTOR subscription cards!

See you all on Saturday! :)

UPDATE

Hey guys, I am looking a the weather radar and it looks little monkaS for tomorrow. I am going to have scattered thunderstorms all day. For now the charity stream is going as scheduled. I am going to keep a close eye on the radar though and if anything changes I will make sure to tweet and post. If something where to happen or the weather looks like it might be worse, we might postpone the event till Sunday ( next day, same time). I'll keep everyone updated.

I used to use it to coat my power cables back when I had a cat that had this annoying penchant for chewing on cables. I would use gloves and paper towels, then put a slight coat of this sauce on my cables and she never touched them again. :)

OMG. YOU ARE MY HERO! I have mice around my house that have eaten through various wires in the engine compartment of BOTH of my last two cars. Thousands of dollars of damage. I have tried the sprays, the sound repellents, the smell repellents. Now I have something else to try. :D

OMG. YOU ARE MY HERO! I have mice around my house that have eaten through various wires in the engine compartment of BOTH of my last two cars. Thousands of dollars of damage. I have tried the sprays, the sound repellents, the smell repellents. Now I have something else to try. :D

lol. Hey Banderal, make sure to use rubber gloves and i used a paper towel which i dabbed the stuff on then cupped around the wire and ran it over the entire thing. It will smell strong for a bit too, be warned!

I made the mistake of only using paper towels, and let's just say the sauce soaked through onto my fingers and my bath room trip afterwards was very unpleasant. :D

Once the stuff dries, the wires will be safe from any gnawing, I am quite sure of it. I can't imagine mice being able to touch this stuff. It lasts forever though. Thinking on it, you might be able to just dab touch it in spots, the smell alone might deter the mice that way you don't have the residue of the sauce on the wires.

I used a lot and it probably was overkill. Mad Dog 357. Comes with a nice little keychain too, usually.

Mice.

Hey, there are these little "safe' mouse traps too if you ever wanted to just catch them and release them in some forest area. I once had a mouse in an old apartment, the little bastard even found ketchup packets in a drawer, literally he shredded them into slivers and ate all the ketchup! I found these little front door closing mouse traps that you bait, and the mouse goes in and the door shuts. It caught him! I got a big brown paper bag, dumped him in it then ran him to the woods close by my apartment at that time because I didn't want to kill him. Once I evicted him, I never had a mouse again in that place.

Edited by Lhancelot

Aww nooo!! Please play. You can even join in on our challenges. We will be bad together! C:

I'm sure I'll be on sometime during the event. I updated my sig so you can see that if you see Slip you'll know to expect bad. :p

(Also by the way, kudos for doing these charity things. Definitely a class act.)

STI’s 12-Hour Charity Event 2018

When: Saturday June 23rd from 10:00–22:00 EDT

Where: twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Intro

It’s that time again! 2018’s STI’s 12-hour charity event will be held on Saturday June 23rd from 10:00–22:00 EDT and will be streamed live over at https://www.twitch.tv/kissingaiur/.

<snip>

Just wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow. I think it's great what you are doing and I hope you get a good turn out and raise a lot for the charity.

I'll probably end up in some matches against your team [as you'll be playing pubside]. Try not to kick my team's *** too bad, it's gonna be streaming live and people will be watching!!

12 hours straight is long time, try and get some good rest tonight and again, best of luck tomorrow!

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Tried for 9 hours straight to play with or against Hottie. The two matches she popped into with me she left before they started. :(

I watched the stream for 9 hours and it’s what made me get out of bed at 2am to play with no sleep, so disappoint not to get one match.

But the stream was good. I bet Hottie will have a sore tummy after all that pizza, garlic, chilli, milk and banana.

Go Zebras🦓🦓🦓🦓🦓

Well done Hottie on getting all those donations :D keep up the good work.

Edited by TrixxieTriss