Groups taking all available que's

Akevv

Has anyone else noticed when groups login for the morning US shift, que's basically become non-existent? Is there some sort of instance cap for PvP? Solo queuing for regs in the AM is painful. Can y'all allow more instances on SS purdy please?

I agree with Wimbleton. AFAIK, groups don't get any special bump in queue position. If anything, they might wait longer. It's first come first serve (for now) I think. So if 5 people are in the queue, and then a group of 4, and then you... you should get in. Because the match will fill 5, have 3 spots left and not be able to slot the group in, so they will wait and you would get in.

I have no actual evidence that it works that way, but I think that's right.

(Which, as off topic, is why if you are even in a small group, you hardly ever get backfill matches. Backfills are almost always needed one at a time. It's us lucky solo queue people who always get stuck cleaning up other people's messes. :D )

I agree with Wimbleton. AFAIK, groups don't get any special bump in queue position. If anything, they might wait longer. It's first come first serve (for now) I think. So if 5 people are in the queue, and then a group of 4, and then you... you should get in. Because the match will fill 5, have 3 spots left and not be able to slot the group in, so they will wait and you would get in.

I have no actual evidence that it works that way, but I think that's right.

(Which, as off topic, is why if you are even in a small group, you hardly ever get backfill matches. Backfills are almost always needed one at a time. It's us lucky solo queue people who always get stuck cleaning up other people's messes. :D )

Groups will get the priority in a low pop queue because they fill the team numbers up faster and in one block.

ie, there are 10 Imps in the queue and one group is 4 man and one is 3 man and the rest solo, it is more likely that the groups will get the most matches because there is only 1 solo spot left or you would end up with a team of 7 or 6 if you try to split the groups from being on the same team.

This obviously changes as more people queue. But in a low pop situation, the premades will often get more pops.

Has anyone else noticed when groups login for the morning US shift, que's basically become non-existent? Is there some sort of instance cap for PvP? Solo queuing for regs in the AM is painful. Can y'all allow more instances on SS purdy please?

The problem isn’t needing more instances, the problem is there aren’t enough people in the total queue. Both imp and rep. That’s why the queue isn’t popping.

Cross faction should help this a little, but as more people are still leaving the game, it’s really just a bandaid for a systemic problem, that if you don’t play in primetime, its becoming harder to get pvp pops.

You could try doing what I’ve just tried, which is to roll on DM to play with the Euro guys. When it’s early AM in the US it’s mid morning or lunchtime in the UK.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Groups will get the priority in a low pop queue because they fill the team numbers up faster and in one block.

ie, there are 10 Imps in the queue and one group is 4 man and one is 3 man and the rest solo, it is more likely that the groups will get the most matches because there is only 1 solo spot left or you would end up with a team of 7 or 6 if you try to split the groups from being on the same team.

This obviously changes as more people queue. But in a low pop situation, the premades will often get more pops.

This is not how it works. Completely made this up, ya?

LoL, there is no such thing as APAC play time anymore,

Just because the servers have been consolidated does not mean that the times people around the world are available to play the game, has changed. I would make an assumption that the people of AUS/NZ still play at the times they always have. There probably aren't many people that would completely restructure their life around a servers location & population.

Go to Star Forge and you won't have that problem.

Just because the servers have been consolidated does not mean that the times people around the world are available to play the game, has changed. I would make an assumption that the people of AUS/NZ still play at the times they always have. There probably aren't many people that would completely restructure their life around a servers location & population.

I’m an Aussie, I do kind of know how many people are around during what should be our prime time. Trust me, waiting for nearly an hour for lvl 70 pop or 6 hours for lowbies, isn’t my idea of an active playtime. It’s just random people getting on and off.

Most Aussies and Kiwi’s that I know have moved onto other games or don’t pvp. The ones that do pvp have adjusted their play times to weekends or really late or early.

So there really isn’t an APAC playtime anymore. It’s just when ever you get on, which could be 1am, 1pm or somewhere in between.

I felt sorry for you :p

You do know that 3-4 people don’t make it Aussie prime time. Trust me, there’s not enough life in APAC to fill a Star ship.

Those are the ones that I play with. I don’t see the logical connection between that and the idea that they are all that exist. And moreover, if I’m playing with them, there’s got to be at least 11-12 others so we can get warzone pops.

There’s not ever enough people online to fill a ship, regardless of time zone.

Try again, Cloudy.

Those are the ones that I play with. I don’t see the logical connection between that and the idea that they are all that exist. And moreover, if I’m playing with them, there’s got to be at least 11-12 others so we can get warzone pops.

Try again, Cloudy.

How quickly do the WZs pop and what faction? I’m assuming they are lvl 70.

Try again, Cloudy.

Last I checked, WZs were suppose to have 14-16 people for it be a viable match that people won't just drop. That said, I don't believe you're claim, there isn't a server in this game that's that dead. But if even if it were the case [which it isn't] here's idea, transfer off that crap to a real server. Now, if you told me there's not enough people online who are willing to be around you to fill a ship because of the way you treat people, that I'd believe.

And her name is Trixxie, Dorky, try again.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Agreed, and all too often.

And still, I try to have a decent conversation with you and show some interest in what you have said and you respond with this sort of one line rubbish response like a troll would. Does that just expose you as a troll and nothing else? Why would anyone ever take you seriously if you are a troll. You either want to be a valued member of this pvp forum community or you want to troll people. So which is it?

You offer no substance when asked and make assumptions and attacks about my identity to deflect attention away from hacking if it’s ever brought up. (Makes people wonder if you are a hacker yourself)

I just dont get you. You pretend to care about the game and pretend to know everything about it, but when asked how it works, you can’t or won’t answer a couple of simple questions. All you do is change the subject or throw one line insults.

You say I make assumptions, but when I ask you a question to clear something up that you clearly feel I’ve gotten wrong, you refuse to explain it. One has to wonder if you even know half as much as you claim to,

How about “YOU” explaining how the queue works, which is what I originally asked you to do after you suggested I didnt know.

How about “YOU” explain what it’s like to be an APAC player? Oh that’s right, you don’t live in APAC and can only offer antidotal evidence that you play with 3-4 APAC players for a few hours early morning your time. Even then, when asked, you refuse to tell us how long the pop times are when you play with these guys.

You don’t play in what should be Aussie prime times and don’t have clue what happens then or what it was llke in the past. I would dare say you didn’t play with any Aussies at all until we were merged into the US and then again merged to the east coast.

Of course playing with 3-4 Aussies that are probably all friends with each other and organise to play at the same time together “must” make you the all seeing oracle of everything APAC and must make it Aussie prime time.

Thats like saying I’m an oracle of everything American because “I do” play in American prime time and play with American people. At least in American prime times the pops are rarely longer than 5 mins. The same can’t be said about what should be Aussie primetimes.

But let’s get back to the original post you made telling me I didn’t understand how the queue works in a low pop scenario. You’ve still not explained it after being asked and I was genuinely interested to learn. I guess you only write more than one line response when it’s a personal attack. Anything of real substance is too hard to comprehend.

Trolls and hackers are the worst sort of people in games, I’ve give you the chance to prove that you aren’t either, but you continue to try and prove you are :rolleyes:

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Last I checked, WZs were suppose to have 14-16 people for it be a viable match that people won't just drop. That said, I don't believe you're claim, there isn't a server in this game that's that dead. But if even if it were the case [which it isn't] here's idea, transfer off that crap to a real server. Now, if you told me there's not enough people online who are willing to be around you to fill a ship because of the way you treat people, that I'd believe.

The only star ship that Im aware of that can be filled is the guild ship. That requires something like 130 people to be online from a single guild.

And her name is Trixxie, Dorky, try again.

Thats from discord.

Edited by Wimbleton

And still, I try to have a decent conversation with you and show some interest in what you have said and you respond with this sort of one line rubbish response like a troll would. Does that just expose you as a troll and nothing else? Why would anyone ever take you seriously if you are a troll. You either want to be a valued member of this pvp forum community or you want to troll people. So which is it?

You offer no substance when asked and make assumptions and attacks about my identity to deflect attention away from hacking if it’s ever brought up. (Makes people wonder if you are a hacker yourself)

I just dont get you. You pretend to care about the game and pretend to know everything about it, but when asked how it works, you can’t or won’t answer a couple of simple questions. All you do is change the subject or throw one line insults.

You say I make assumptions, but when I ask you a question to clear something up that you clearly feel I’ve gotten wrong, you refuse to explain it. One has to wonder if you even know half as much as you claim to,

How about “YOU” explaining how the queue works, which is what I originally asked you to do after you suggested I didnt know.

How about “YOU” explain what it’s like to be an APAC player? Oh that’s right, you don’t live in APAC and can only offer antidotal evidence that you play with 3-4 APAC players for a few hours early morning your time. Even then, when asked, you refuse to tell us how long the pop times are when you play with these guys.

You don’t play in what should be Aussie prime times and don’t have clue what happens then or what it was llke in the past. I would dare say you didn’t play with any Aussies at all until we were merged into the US and then again merged to the east coast.

Of course playing with 3-4 Aussies that are probably all friends with each other and organise to play at the same time together “must” make you the all seeing oracle of everything APAC and must make it Aussie prime time.

Thats like saying I’m an oracle of everything American because “I do” play in American prime time and play with American people. At least in American prime times the pops are rarely longer than 5 mins. The same can’t be said about what should be Aussie primetimes.

But let’s get back to the original post you made telling me I didn’t understand how the queue works in a low pop scenario. You’ve still not explained it after being asked and I was genuinely interested to learn. I guess you only write more than one line response when it’s a personal attack. Anything of real substance is too hard to comprehend.

Trolls and hackers are the worst sort of people in games, I’ve give you the chance to prove that you aren’t either, but you continue to try and prove you are :rolleyes:

I would like to take a moment to converse with you and show interest in what you have posted: I would never troll, my mother would be furious, everyone takes me seriously which is my goal on the internet, "how it works" was literally in the post that you quoted and replied to with the assumption, I don't care what it's like to be an APAC player, that is not relevant to this discussion, I have never claimed to know their plight or play when they play, I have claimed to play at the end of APAC playing time, which btw, is a duration of time during the day, not an assertion that people are playing during that time, and at the end of APAC playing time, people are in fact playing which you said was impossible, I think you need to understand that APAC means more than just Aussie as well, I also think you need to look up what anecdotal evidence means because thats all we do here on the forums minus the people posting math and screenshots of data or for example videos of the hacking incident when they make hacking claims, I do however have actual experience in what I'm talking about because I defined the time as "end of APAC playing time" which is about right now, I did not "refuse" to tell how what are pop times, I simply did not see the question and apparently do not follow your posts as closely as you and that other random guy who I forgot his name already who yaps at me follow my posts, btw pop times can be instant but are usually about 1-3 minutes and can get up to about 5-15 minutes during the lull as the few APACers that are on are going nite nite and the Americans are going yawn yawn covfefe covfefe, so as I stated earlier you quoted the guy telling you how it works and then told him it didn't work that way so I'm uncertain you are here for a lesson otherwise you would have taken notes during that class but just in case you really want to know let me type the words again: warzones are filled by who queues first but are only filled if there is enough room in the warzone to accommodate the total number of queued individuals so if there is a 4 man in queue and there are only 3 spots it will go past them and get groups of 1 2 or 3 to fill that void but having a 4 man in queue can obviously speed up the queue because instead of having to wait for 7 stragglers to queue for a warzone you only have to wait for 3 but that is the same net gain that would be present if you had 4 individuals queuing consistently after every game, i know this because of being in voice comms with people who queue after a premade but get a pop and the premade does not, so in conclusion you took offense to my saying you make assumptions but the first one you made was in reply to the fella who explained how it works and the second one you made was that I refused to reply to a post that I had not seen although I might have refused had I seen it to be quite honest but I had not seen it, honestly, so that refusal did not take place in all honesty, lastly I'm not going to prove that I am not a troll since attempting to prove a negative gives validity to the claim thereof and the assumption that only people who are hackers naysay people who call hacks is cute but in the end its just passive aggressive so I'll not reciprocate because I'm not a troll thereby also providing you with proof that I am not a troll.

Edited by Wimbleton