If the ranked elo system is to change, please do NOT change it to the previous system

Talon_strikes

the reason you thought those games were of higher quality was because your team was getting stacked in your favor and you were winning more often. Now that teams are more fairly balanced and you can't steamroll people constantly, you feel that the matches are of "lower quality."

/qft quoting this gem in case Zuru decides to conveniently skip over it again

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already explained to you that the reason you thought those games were of higher quality was because your team was getting stacked in your favor and you were winning more often. Now that teams are more fairly balanced and you can't steamroll people constantly, you feel that the matches are of "lower quality."

It's important that people understand that the matchmaker is now making fundamentally more balanced matches than previously. Your feelings about which led to "higher quality matches" is just your own delusion.

You did bring up this point once before. But this is what YOU think NOT ME. I immediately wrote a post following the first time you posted this exact thing explaining MY DEFINITION of "high quality" games. I'm not going to go in a circle with you and explain everything to you all over again. You can simply go and look back at my post.

You have continuously argued with your opinion and are only able to defend them with more of your opinions. You could not come up with a SINGLE fact to help support your side. The one time you tried, you somehow confused your own opinion and tried to use it as a fact lol. I'm sorry. but any kind of argument with a person like you goes nowhere and will never bring any fruit to any discussion.

I've explained why I prefer the old system, and until someone else brings up another interesting point of view on this topic, I won't be commenting here again.

/qft quoting this gem in case Zuru decides to conveniently skip over it again

I have skipped over nothing (go read my post involving my definition of high quality games). How you managed to miss that part is a mystery in itself :rolleyes:

You did bring up this point once before. But this is what YOU think NOT ME. I immediately wrote a post following the first time you posted this exact thing explaining MY DEFINITION of "high quality" games. I'm not going to go in a circle with you and explain everything to you all over again. You can simply go and look back at my post.

You have continuously argued with your opinion and are only able to defend them with more of your opinions. You could not come up with a SINGLE fact to help support your side. The one time you tried, you somehow confused your own opinion and tried to use it as a fact lol. I'm sorry. but any kind of argument with a person like you goes nowhere and will never bring any fruit to any discussion.

I've explained why I prefer the old system, and until someone else brings up another interesting point of view on this topic, I won't be commenting here again.

All I've been doing is explaining reality to people. Your view of what constitutes "high quality matches" is based purely on whether you win the match or not. I'm not trying to read your mind, I am offering the only possible explanation for preferring the old system. Because, you see, there is no alternate explanation. The old system created less balanced matches. Therefore, the only possible explanation for you preferring it is that it allowed you to win more. I just wish you had enough self-awareness to identify your own delusions, but I guess that's too much to hope for.

All I've been doing is explaining reality to people. Your view of what constitutes "high quality matches" is based purely on whether you win the match or not.

Even if true, he probably isn't alone.

This can explain why some really don't want change regarding PVP ELO and rating, how teams are constructed, etc. If they feel they are enjoying "quality matches" now some might not want any changes.

You guys really think they will change anything ? I mean we've had a ton of discussion on this topic in the past months...

But looking at the facts until now, It's unlikely. Nothing was announced about PVP in 6.0....

I'm pretty sure Mike B said specifically that there will not be any pvp changes in 6.0. The only thing 6.0 will bring is some class changes due to the tactical items and new set bonuses, and maybe other balance tweaks, who knows.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I'm pretty sure Mike B said specifically that there will not be any pvp changes in 6.0. The only thing 6.0 will bring is some class changes due to the tactical items and new set bonuses, and maybe other balance tweaks, who knows.

There's really nothing for pvp'ers to come back to resub to then. Even with s12, which starts AFTER 6.0 and not simultaneously LOL what a joke, that is not enough incentive to bring back pvp'ers who left and to keep the few that remain

There's really nothing for pvp'ers to come back to resub to then. Even with s12, which starts AFTER 6.0 and not simultaneously LOL what a joke, that is not enough incentive to bring back pvp'ers who left and to keep the few that remain

ranked seasons should never start at the drop of a major patch or xpack. there should be a month-long buffer, which is really a 2-3 week buffer and then another 2-3 weeks to implement fixes.

wait. nevermind. I see what I did there. they aren't going to rebalance. carry on. :p

ranked seasons should never start at the drop of a major patch or xpack. there should be a month-long buffer, which is really a 2-3 week buffer and then another 2-3 weeks to implement fixes.

wait. nevermind. I see what I did there. they aren't going to rebalance. carry on. :p

Have to agree with this. New metas and xpacs/patches always come with bugs or unbalanced class changes.

Having a period of time to find what they are and then letting Bioware fix them would be the optimal situation.

Maybe Bioware could have a “bounty” reward for finding them in that period or some sort of “beta test” reward for the period.

This would keep people playing during the testing and fixing phase and also help Bioware identify all the problems fast.

That would mean all exploits could /would be found in that period and certain people wouldn’t be as inclined to secretly sit on them and take advantage for the season.

The bounty reward would need to be good enough to encourage discloses.

Big software and security companies are now paying people to find and report bugs or security vulnerabilities. Bioware could offer some CC or CM items as bounties for finding similar things in the game.

Maybe it would help clean up issues before they become full blown problems... ie fly hacking

• 3 weeks later...
Have to agree with this. New metas and xpacs/patches always come with bugs or unbalanced class changes.

Having a period of time to find what they are and then letting Bioware fix them would be the optimal situation.

Actually, I'll admit I was wrong in that regard. My bad. I agree with you and foxmob. There should be a short pre-season period for any expac or major patch in case any exploits or imbalanced class changes arise that would severely affect ranked play. I'll reverse my stance. I just think I was coming from a perspective that it takes BW forever to fix anything or make consistent changes, and ranked seasons are long as it is and they have made no effort to shorten them to 3-4 mo despite past claims they would do so, so I jumped to the conclusion that pushing back what'll likely be s12 further down is not good.

Edited by ColorfulCaiques