Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

phOny
12.20.2011 , 08:33 PM | #4251
Quote: Originally Posted by physicsninjas View Post
Then after 30 days I will quit. Its that simple. Problem solved. If many more people quit then the servers will depopulate, problem solved. Yes I got the product I paid for but I won't be fooled again.
They wont care if you quit, It will help solve their queues! and they have your 40 or whatever you paid for it

Xeian
12.20.2011 , 08:33 PM | #4252
1100 queue on veela? *** is wrong.
Xeian, gunslinger.
Guild : Awaken.
Server : Veela.

MarkoJinn
12.20.2011 , 08:34 PM | #4253
Keller's Void server here at 9:30 EST... Queued as 381st and now I'm 188th... It's been 10-12 minutes... Me not like this...
What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me.

RocketJack
12.20.2011 , 08:34 PM | #4254
Quote: Originally Posted by phOny View Post
They wont care if you quit, It will help solve their queues! and they have your 40 or whatever you paid for it
You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.

phOny
12.20.2011 , 08:35 PM | #4255
If only the game was working as well as their forums.... I bet they wish they could close these threads without massive backlash lol

PuntaSur
12.20.2011 , 08:35 PM | #4256
Quote: Originally Posted by SychinLegacy View Post
You have the product. There is nothing fraudulent about having to wait. They are not saying "NO YOU CANNOT PLAY". They are saying "Sure come on in once X number of people have logged off because that's what our servers can currently handle"

Now the people who got disconnected have a legitimate claim. However everyone else does not.
If the company who built my house said; "Hey here's the key to your house you just bought. Umm, we also sold more houses on your street than we could actually build so you may have to sit in traffic at the end of the street and wait for a chance to enter your house since others might be in it at the time you come home from work"....

He would be lucky if he could breath and I'd be getting my money back in court. It's actually a bad example. A better example is a membership to a gym. By fire standards they can only allow 500 people into the gym at a time, but they sell 9,000 memberships and hope not everyone decides to work out at the same time. When folks are standing around and can't find any available equipment, they are screwed and either have to workout at 2am or just go home and do pushups and remember to make the monthly membership payment. At least we can cancel our subscription and eat the initial cost of the game if we get sick of queues.

Not that I want to, because it's a fun product. If I could just get to it!

Mutestabil
12.20.2011 , 08:36 PM | #4257
So, I thought that this would actually be the game to take WoW out of business. With a start like this, I'm afraid WoW might win this one.....

P.S. WoW sucks Donkey D***
"You're a shameful opportunist! What you don't understand is that it's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
"You have it backwards. It's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees. I know"

phOny
12.20.2011 , 08:36 PM | #4258
Quote: Originally Posted by RocketJack View Post
You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
I agree but by not playing you are just giving up. We all need to get together and fight this problem, Not all just say "ah well, I just wont play the game".

RocketJack
12.20.2011 , 08:36 PM | #4259
Quote: Originally Posted by PuntaSur View Post
If the company who built my house said; "Hey here's the key to your house you just bought. Umm, we also sold more houses on your street than we could actually build so you may have to sit in traffic at the end of the street and wait for a chance to enter your house since others might be in it at the time you come home from work"....

He would be lucky if he could breath and I'd be getting my money back in court. It's actually a bad example. A better example is a membership to a gym. By fire standards they can only allow 500 people into the gym at a time, but they sell 9,000 memberships and hope not everyone decides to work out at the same time. When folks are standing around and can't find any available equipment, they are screwed and either have to workout at 2am or just go home and do pushups and remember to make the monthly membership payment. At least we can cancel our subscription and eat the initial cost of the game if we get sick of queues.

Not that I want to, because it's a fun product. If I could just get to it!
Good post. I loved the game, too, on the two days I've been able to play it.

dakotabolbe
12.20.2011 , 08:37 PM | #4260
Hi i just got this new cool game called star wars sit in a queue for 4 hours.
Thank you lucasarts/bioware/ea.
Cool Story Bro.