In a bit of a pickle

Barrera

Hey guys i just reached 50 on my powertech Hobofett ( it's my 3rd 50 ) . I currently have the recruit pvp set and 2 pieces of battlemaster . I am tank specced and was wondering if i should spec something else like pyro ? I am pretty tough to kill in pvp and can do ok damage but i heard that pyro was the superior spec atm . Is ıt true ? Any info is much appreciated .

Hey guys i just reached 50 on my powertech Hobofett ( it's my 3rd 50 ) . I currently have the recruit pvp set and 2 pieces of battlemaster . I am tank specced and was wondering if i should spec something else like pyro ? I am pretty tough to kill in pvp and can do ok damage but i heard that pyro was the superior spec atm . Is ıt true ? Any info is much appreciated .

Pyro Powertech is an amazing PVP build. My other character is a 50 Juggernaut. Hard to kill but just not that great of dps. My Pyro is now level 46 and I usually place at the very least top 3 in DPS... with quite a few 1st place. Plus you still have great defenses. Heavy armour is quite nice for a dps class. :D Give it a whirl and see how you like it.

Pyro is superior if you have dps gear and want to 1v1 guys down. AP is better at objective play, and Tanks' are crazy tough to kill. However if you are going to be a tank you need to really get tank gear.

Would it be ok to have the tank battlemaster gear (Supercommando i think ) and be pyro spec ?

No, it's too big a loss. Tanks aren't a bad shape. You just have to get used to not leading in damage. I play a tank on my Guardian, and when I break 120k I get excited. However it takes 2-3 guys to kill me, while my guys farm their team.

What about tank gear + AP build ? is it viable or should i just stick with the Tanking build ? I'm not really crazy about dishing out dps i just want to be as usefull as possible to my team

Tank plus dps = not really a great idea. I would go with 31 pt tank build. And just use your guy as a battering ram. VG tanks are epic ball carriers.

So i should just stick to a tanking build with tanking focus gear alright . What is VG btw sorry :) I dont really care about the dps i do in pvp that much anyway i'd rather be a damage sponge for my team

So i should just stick to a tanking build with tanking focus gear alright . What is VG btw sorry :) I dont really care about the dps i do in pvp that much anyway i'd rather be a damage sponge for my team

Sorry, I play republic now so VG = Vanguard. I would say yes, but you can't look at meters as a tank. When I play my tank Guardian, I concentrate on three things. How many deaths my team suffered and my protection.

Fewer deaths due to slows by the Guardian aoe slow plus more damage all around thanks to aoe armor reduction = greater win chance. I don't get objectives because Guard prohibits you from being able to cap effectively. Do you use your damage reduction and oil slick regularly to help your team out?

Remember Flame burst and Flame sweep reduce damage to your target. So Guard plus taunt plus flame burst reduction = weak hitter. Do you rotate your guard to focused targets? Do you use grapple to peel? These are the keys of a tank. My guild has a philosophy that a tank is a waste as a defender of a node because he essentially has a guard that isn't used.

Oh i also have a vanguard lvl 45 ... guess i really like the class . Yeah i currently do all the things you said especially grapple i am fairly good at it . Ty for the tips ill forget about dps and focus on keepin my team alive

Oh i also have a vanguard lvl 45 ... guess i really like the class . Yeah i currently do all the things you said especially grapple i am fairly good at it . Ty for the tips ill forget about dps and focus on keepin my team alive

Find a guy in every team to stick near. Announce you are a tank at the outset. I love to toss guard on sentinels and dps vanguards ;p.

PT is in really good shape as a whole.

tank spec is very viable, AP has high mobilty/utility, and PT is a top DPS spec.

cliche, but...

play what best fits your play style. you'll get much more enjoyment that way. don't be pigeon holed into thinking PT/PT is the only spec.