Satele shan loves Harron Tavus

dprijadi

In the satele backstory, there is a mention of satele falling in love with the future havoc leader haron tavus, if i remember correctly satele even bore a son that she abandon..

did this forbidden love story influence haron tavus's treachery in the future?

Ultimately, Threat of Peace represents an early draft of the story compared to the final product. For instance, Braden looks older in Threat of Peace than he does in the game. It's also unlikely Baras would have been high placed enough to be involved in the negotiations at the time.

So take what you read in Threat of Peace with a grain of salt. Case in point; Satele's appearance has changed completely.

Wait, Satele abandoned a child?

That should be an interesting boss.

Theron Shan is the main character of The Lost Suns comic series, they described him as "The 9th Class" - the Republic SIS Agent. It's actually a pretty good read.

• 6 months later...

Some people have a very loose definition of the word "abandon." Satele didn't abandon Theron. She gave him up to the Order--to a master that she trusted--to be trained. Unfortunately, Theron was not Force sensitive, and his training ended. The SIS recruited him after that, and he found something he actually could do.

"Abandon" has a certain meaning. If Satele had abandoned Theron, she would have left him somewhere to fend for himself. Instead, she made sure he had someone to care for him and protect him. That's not abandonment.

• 2 weeks later...
If I were Theron Shan I would piss at Satele at frist.:mad:

She "left" him when he was 3 months old (according to him) so he really never knew her enough to miss her. He was raised and trained by other Jedi. Considering that most force sensitive children are taken from their homes at similarly young ages to train as Jedi, his childhood isn't really any different then any other child raised by the Jedi. The only difference is he was not force sensitive.

Being raised and trained by Jedi despite not being force sensitive left more of an impression on him then not being raised by his mother. He has a great comment about it and it's something along the lines of: "I don't hate the Jedi I just don't need to be constantly reminded of what I am not".

The comic is a really good read I'd recommend buying it.

I'm quite confused, Satale should be 40 at that time but she looked like she was 25-30 at most in ToC.

Are you referring to Threat of Peace, the webcomic/comic book that portrays the Sacking of Coruscant, the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant and the subsequent attempt to restart the war immediately?

If so, the reason is that the lore behind the game went through revisions between the writing of Threat of Peace and the release of the game. The thirteen-year span between the Treaty and the start of TOR was originally closer to 30 years. So, Satele was portrayed quite young in the comic, and it was hinted that Harron Tavus would become her lover. Also, the look for Satele had yet to be determined, as, apparently, had the looks for Darths Baras and Angral. Later in the development of the game, the lore was nailed down to the current dates, Satele's appearance was nothing like her portrayal in Threat of Peace, and the father of her son became ... someone else (plenty of spoilers on that around).

• 1 year later...