Love the changes, but add an option for players to remove Huttball pops

AndriusAjax

Considering the 15 minute deserter timer, we're gonna see some even more obnoxious behavior in the "bad" maps (OPG and most/all Huttballs)

Giving the 8v8 queue an option to remove Huttballs would be a simple fix that satisfies both parties (people who enjoy HB and people who do not). I love HB. But getting 5+ every night can A) get stale, and B) causes the very vocal/outward hatred of all HBs and the subsequent obnoxious behavior we tend to see in most matches.

I would welcome getting less HB pops if it means everyone in the match is trying to win. And those who hate HB (number farmers and some OBJ players who just hate the map design/dsync) can stick to the other maps.

Edit: And I'm not saying that people who have HBs selected to be in their pop will ONLY get HBs. It's not a "separate queue" - they'll get into the same warzones the non-HB people get into. All it would do is cause the non-HB queue-ers to never get a HB pop.

Edited by AndriusAjax

getting any map more than twice in a row can be annoying but HuttBall is at the top of that list. I dig the original HB map but Queshball has to go, too much Dsynch and bugginess. The newest map is ok as long as it's not back to back with any of the others.

Considering the 15 minute deserter timer, we're gonna see some even more obnoxious behavior in the "bad" maps (OPG and most/all Huttballs)

Giving the 8v8 queue an option to remove Huttballs would be a simple fix that satisfies both parties (people who enjoy HB and people who do not). I love HB. But getting 5+ every night can A) get stale, and B) causes the very vocal/outward hatred of all HBs and the subsequent obnoxious behavior we tend to see in most matches.

I would welcome getting less HB pops if it means everyone in the match is trying to win. And those who hate HB (number farmers and some OBJ players who just hate the map design/dsync) can stick to the other maps.

Edit: And I'm not saying that people who have HBs selected to be in their pop will ONLY get HBs. It's not a "separate queue" - they'll get into the same warzones the non-HB people get into. All it would do is cause the non-HB queue-ers to never get a HB pop.

we should propose they cancel this deserter to unrank , which i think ridonkulous

we should propose they cancel this deserter to unrank , which i think ridonkulous

I understand why they want it, but they can’t add it in a vacuum where they don’t address or fix the problems that make people want to leave in the first place. Add this deserter timer is just going to kill the queue.

I don't get the hate for OPG. If people bothered to learn the game mode I think they'd find the map is actually quite good.

I can give a pass for quesh and vandin huttball, especially vandin, but anyone who dislikes OG huttball....I got nothing nice to say lol. That map is fire and we need a tournament or something with OG huttball map.

I don't get the hate for OPG. If people bothered to learn the game mode I think they'd find the map is actually quite good.

I can give a pass for quesh and vandin huttball, especially vandin, but anyone who dislikes OG huttball....I got nothing nice to say lol. That map is fire and we need a tournament or something with OG huttball map.

I love original HB as well. Vandin is underrated. Quesh does, in fact, suck a bucket of Huttballs.

And I don't mind OPG. I like the idea behind the map. But being an objective player, sometimes that map can get lonely/boring when you get farmers on your team. The same can be said for Quesh/Vandin. When people have it in their minds that they're gonna ignore objectives, its makes playing the objectives pointless. So bc of that, I tend to have less a fun time playing in those warzones.

I think the deserter debuff could be a good thing. Removing it would be fine by me, but I've been mentioning my OP for years now. A simple Yes-HB and No-HB selection would be so great for pvp.

Imo, pvp started going south sometime after they added Queshball and made it pop non stop for 1-2 months. (btw that is such a stupid thing to do - when they release a new WZ, I understand that ppl want to play it, but they don't want to already be sick of it after a month). And then they added in OPG and Vandin, and you can see that they are overloading the objectives. Again, i love objectives. But you cant force feed them to certain types of players. This shift towards #fu**objectives attitude has occurred largely because of Huttball being so prominent in the queues. If they allowed an option that removed HB from popping in your queue, it would definitely clean up HBs and make them more fun, but it would probably also help the malaise towards objectives in general.

Edited by AndriusAjax

My hate for OPG is because of the the players. Not the map as such.

The problem is no one tries to play and it’s a write off before you start unless you carry your team and the other team is just as stupid as yours,

Ie, I get a green mod and open up one each round and guard it solo, I’ve literally had the highest objective points in OPG and not seen another player form the other team or mine, therefore I did zero stats in everything else. All the while no one has even bothered to lock down the other nodes that became active. It’s frustrating and a complete waste of my time because it’s not fun.

Now if people actually played it properly, I could learn to like it because I like strategy and tactics. But people won’t and haven’t since it was first released. So I know it will never happen, hence my hatred for getting an OPG pop.

And yes, if we had an OHB map league, I would play it to death because Hutt ball is my space jam. It’s such a shame Quesh ball is so buggy and dysnc’d because I actually like that map. But in its current state, it’s should probably be removed, especially if they are going to add lock out timers for leaving. And Vandin is just a travesty

Edited by TrixxieTriss

My hate for OPG is because of the the players. Not the map as such.

Pretty much my feelings on Vandin, OPG and Quesh. Quesh has lots of problems, but I wouldn't mind it as much if people just played the friggin game.

But yeah, my distaste for maps is generally based on how they are played, not so much on how they should be played.

Pretty much my feelings on Vandin, OPG and Quesh. Quesh has lots of problems, but I wouldn't mind it as much if people just played the friggin game.

But yeah, my distaste for maps is generally based on how they are played, not so much on how they should be played.

Quesh has the most technical problems from excessive dysnc and bugs from 4-5 years ago that still aren’t fixed. Although Vandin isn’t far behind with bugs.

Considering the 15 minute deserter timer, we're gonna see some even more obnoxious behavior in the "bad" maps

Yes. Especially that. Although people that have no motivation to continue will just as well turn into trolls whereas they would otherwise be backfilled by someone whom will either have a fresh motivation to turn a game around he got backfilled in or just leave too which would just go on until someone with a mentality of the former is found.

This change has almost no upsides, only downsides. Might be an idea to just not go through with it then :rolleyes:

Yes. Especially that. Although people that have no motivation to continue will just as well turn into trolls whereas they would otherwise be backfilled by someone whom will either have a fresh motivation to turn a game around he got backfilled in or just leave too which would just go on until someone with a mentality of the former is found.

This change has almost no upsides, only downsides. Might be an idea to just not go through with it then :rolleyes:

The upside is we get in less backfills. I hate backfills.

I wouldn't be upset if they did scrap the idea, but I agree that they have to address HB pops at a minimum if they are going to keep it in.

But let's say they do scrap the deserter debuff idea... the HB option I'm suggesting would still be useful. It would clean up all HBs for us that do enjoy them, place people who dislike HBs in only non-HB warzones, and lasty (and maybe bestly) it would also remove the 70% of all forum posts complaining about HB pops.

Edited by AndriusAjax

A backfill is still infinitely better than someone who doesn't want to be around in the first place

With the remove HB option im suggesting, you wouldn't have even gotten one.

That said... they can remove it. That'd be fine by me. But removing deserter debuff wouldn't change what Im suggesting. I still think a remove HB option would be good for the game. Someone go make a "REMOVE DESERTER DEBUFF" post so this one can stay on track. I'm talking about an option to remove HBs from your pops. The deserter debuff would definitely add to the need for such an option, but even without the debuff, it could still be useful.

Edited by AndriusAjax

How about the following:

Unranked:

8v8 solo/group warzone

8v8 solo Huttball

4v4 solo/group arena

Ranked

8v8 goup Huttball League

4v4 solo arena

4v4 group arena

I can't see them adding that many separate queues. It would slow down pops too much, especially at late hours. Same reason they haven't allows warzone selector (like FP GF has).

With the remove HB option im suggesting, you wouldn't have even gotten one.

That said... they can remove it. That'd be fine by me. But removing deserter debuff wouldn't change what Im suggesting. I still think a remove HB option would be good for the game. Someone go make a "REMOVE DESERTER DEBUFF" post so this one can stay on track. I'm talking about an option to remove HBs from your pops. The deserter debuff would definitely add to the need for such an option, but even without the debuff, it could still be useful.

There are other reasons people might not want to be around besides not liking/wanting to play a certain map.

Think of a losing match/griefing or any sort of IRL call to action. Not punishing leaving makes for what is currently a healthy pool of players to backfill into that and there is really hardly any downside to it.

I can't see them adding that many separate queues. It would slow down pops too much, especially at late hours. Same reason they haven't allows warzone selector (like FP GF has).

We might actually better queues if there was a selector, and a form of 8v8 ranked could bring back old players who quit when it was removed back in day.

I hate the idea of being a game developer and making decisions based current player population; changes to the game should be made to improve play with the intent of adding players, not to make up for declines.

We might actually better queues if there was a selector

I'm not certain a WZ selector would be a guaranteed good thing. Voidstars for example would become a match where your number farming premades would all meet up and stack and manufacture their high dps screenshots. I like that wz, and I would hate to see maps themselves start to divide the player base into maps where OBJ players play and maps where DM players play. A WZ selector would likely do that.

There are other reasons people might not want to be around besides not liking/wanting to play a certain map.

Think of a losing match/griefing or any sort of IRL call to action. Not punishing leaving makes for what is currently a healthy pool of players to backfill into that and there is really hardly any downside to it.

And I hear you about griefing... Those are good points. Like I said, I'd be okay with them removing the debuff. I don't like it when ppl quit, but I'd rather ppl leave a match they don't want to play. I always say in HBs, let the quitters quit early so we can get a team that wants to play.

But yeah, I just think a non-HB queue would work well - deserter debuff or not.

Edited by AndriusAjax

I'll take Huttball over the abortion that is Odessean any time. They need to make it so you can select which maps you want to play. Simple.

I feel like if they we're gonna do that... they'd have done it already. I'm sure they're aware of it as an option. It's been mentioned a million times. And again, I don't think its a guaranteed success. I'd be curious to see where it went, but you really can't come back from that. Once they do that, it's done. And whatever comes with it (premades meeting in Voidstars and circle-parsing their DPS screenshots) comes with it for good. And the lower population late at night/morning is another issue.

And I don't usually have high hopes on having fun when I get an OPG either, but you can't solve everything. A simple HB-yes HB-no option would be a good thing. Deserter debuff or not, and OPG still sucking aside, those aren't reasons not to add a HB selector. I honestly can't think of one negative thing that would come with it.

I feel like if they we're gonna do that... they'd have done it already. I'm sure they're aware of it as an option. It's been mentioned a million times. And again, I don't think its a guaranteed success. I'd be curious to see where it went, but you really can't come back from that. Once they do that, it's done. And whatever comes with it (premades meeting in Voidstars and circle-parsing their DPS screenshots) comes with it for good. And the lower population late at night/morning is another issue.

And I don't usually have high hopes on having fun when I get an OPG either, but you can't solve everything. A simple HB-yes HB-no option would be a good thing. Deserter debuff or not, and OPG still sucking aside, those aren't reasons not to add a HB selector. I honestly can't think of one negative thing that would come with it.

Fair points. It's just singling out huttball is not fair. I'd rather see the Odessean map removed than Huttball.

Fair points. It's just singling out huttball is not fair. I'd rather see the Odessean map removed than Huttball.

I don’t think maps should be removed unless they are bugged so much that they make fir game play possible. Ie I actually really like Quesh HB map, but it’s buggy as hell and has the worst dysnc in the game. Therefore, I be,Ive it should be removed from the pop rotation “till” it’s fixed.

"You have 8 days of subscription play time remaining."

I'll be back when they give me the option to disable Huttball.

I'd say the incessant WZ pops of HB and OPG have pushed me off the game now. I don't have time sitting in queues only to get a game mode I do not enjoy. These WZs pop far too much and I no longer find the wait worth it.

So, for the first time in a while I probably will let my sub lapse this round too, until big changes are added to the game particularly changes that impact areas I like to participate in.

It's time to be selfish, and spend my time doing more important things. My time is worth more than this. I will lurk and hope for practical, sensible changes to the game and PVP, but, as the saying goes I won't hold my breath. :(

Hopefully a new MMO will come out soon, there are many in the building process! Maybe with some luck, one will turn out decent and us rare breed of MMO-gamers will have a quality new place to call our home. Sadly, this one isn't very welcoming anymore and when home starts to feel like a stranger, it's time to move on.