Quest Bugged: Pirrell's Ambitions

Sylnc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the exact same issue on my Bounty Hunter. I've had a ticket in for 4 days with no response as of yet. Unable to abandon either quest and resetting does nothing. I even tried going in grouped with another BH, no help. I went ahead and moved on to the next planet however at level 24 I see no point in continuing on this character if this issue is never going to be resolved.

I figured this was caused by something dumb I had done myself, I guess it's good to know others have the same issue.. although it sucks for all of us.

Character: Fluke

Server: Shadow Town

Thank me later ;P

After one of the inGame supporters offered me help, I updated my ticket.

While waiting for an answer, I asked another bounty hunter if I may join him. I went into his instance, and

logged out while standing next to Pirrell. After logging in I was able to at least complete the

Droid factory quest and continue my story line.

I still got the Talk to Pirrell quest, but at least I can go on now...

Edited by Achylon

SPOILER ALERT

I spoke with our contact at the Mandalorian Enclave via the holo regarding who my target was on Balmorra; she informed me that I should speak with Vorr in our hangar. Exited the ship and went to the area of the minimap that was designated as his location but he was nowhere to be found; anybody else experience this issue? I submitted it as a ticket yesterday but no response yet.

I found a solution, well more like a work around. I had two class quests "Pirrell's Ambitions" & "The Enemy of My Enemy". I was unable to reset Pirrell's Ambitions, I was however able to reset the enemy of my enemy. While I was in the hanger on Balmorra, I reset the enemy of my enemy. It immediately took me to the cutscence where you are confronted by Vorr and his sister.

Hope this helps!!!

Thank me later ;P

After one of the inGame supporters offered me help, I updated my ticket.

While waiting for an answer, I asked another bounty hunter if I may join him. I went into his instance, and

logged out while standing next to Pirrell. After logging in I was able to at least complete the

Droid factory quest and continue my story line.

I still got the Talk to Pirrell quest, but at least I can go on now...

It worked for me also, tks! :p

Okay here is how I bypassed the bug where when you get to balmorra the contact "Vorr" is not in the hangar.

I used my fleet pass. I reset the quest. I quit game. I logged in. I reset quest then flew back to Balmorra and the sequence was triggered.

Now, whether this was just the fleet pass and resetting I have no idea. I did try resetting first and logging in and out several times etc... the only thing I did different this last time was the fleet pass and resetting on the station. All the rest I had done before. So I recommend trying that for all of you who are experiencing the same bug.

Good Luck.

Okay here is how I bypassed the bug where when you get to balmorra the contact "Vorr" is not in the hangar.

I used my fleet pass. I reset the quest. I quit game. I logged in. I reset quest then flew back to Balmorra and the sequence was triggered.

Now, whether this was just the fleet pass and resetting I have no idea. I did try resetting first and logging in and out several times etc... the only thing I did different this last time was the fleet pass and resetting on the station. All the rest I had done before. So I recommend trying that for all of you who are experiencing the same bug.

Good Luck.

This worked perfectly. TY.

Has anyone found the solution to this? I am having the same problem. I took the holocall, landed on Balmorra, but nothing happens when I leave the hangar area of the spaceport. There is a mark on my map that says "Speak to Vorr" should be completed there, but there are no NPCs there I can talk to.

I tried resetting the mission, logging out and logging back in, no luck!

i am having this same issue and cannot get the quest to even reset... the button is greyed out... i would like to progress through the story line but cant

This worked for me also, perfectly.

not sure if this will work for anyone else but i had the same problem and just went outside to get all the quests in the city, i went back to spaceport in order to follow some of the advice in the thread and the two were standing in the corner and the cut scene played.

• 5 weeks later...

I did what another person has already posted and worked fine:

I found a solution, well more like a work around. I had two class quests "Pirrell's Ambitions" & "The Enemy of My Enemy". I was unable to reset Pirrell's Ambitions, I was however able to reset the enemy of my enemy. While I was in the hanger on Balmorra, I reset the enemy of my enemy. It immediately took me to the cutscence where you are confronted by Vorr and his sister.

with the difference, that i had to log out cos i was stucked with that dialog bubble over my head.

ty for the tip!

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I just got the bug too. yay for them fixing things:)

Update: Rest quest, went back to ship, exited ship and the conversation started as it should have done the first time. All is good now.

Edited by BoboHut
update fix

• 2 months later...

Here's what worked for me with this bug on Pirrell's Ambitions.

Leave hanger, go down to main space port (exit the elevator and go past green "door" to actually be in the spaceport), click on Pirrell's Ambitions mission to bring up mission menu, than click reset, if the reset works the mission will update on your mission tracker and will say "Exit ship yada yada yada", I used Priority Transport: Personal Starship to get back into ship so i didn't have to walk thru the hanger area (You need to exit space port and go outside to Balmorra in order to use Priority Transport: Personal Starship) , once back in ship simply exit ship as usual and than the cut sceen kicked in and worked fine.

Note before I did any of this i first went into space port area and reset the "The enemy of my enemy" mission as that had been suggested as a possible fix. It did reset but i went back up to hanger up the elevator, but nothing had changed. After this i did as described above. If when you try to reset in spaceport and it's still greyed out, go back up to hanger area and than come back down into spaceport and try again, it took me 2 times going into spaceport until the reset option was again available.

**** Note, you cannot reset in hanger area or ship. Its greyed out. I could only reset when i went into the spaceport.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

P.S. Kill everything you see. Better safe than sorry =]

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
What i did when the bug happened to me is i left the spaceport and went into the city and then went back into spaceport and there was Vorr and sister. it is bugged but i figured out how to fix it lol

Guess I'll try this then.

That's 2 progression bugs on 2 different classes now, FFS BW it's been 5 god damn years already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

quite the bug we have here.... 2019 says hi. happy to be here.

id like to start off by saying that i did leave the ship before talking with my communicator initially which may have triggered this bug.

I was stuck on speak to vorr with the icon on the map still in my hanger. unable to reset the quest i went back to the fleet where i could. after resetting i had a quest to exit my ship on blah morra so i did and it triggered the cut scene ambush.

heres to 2020!

• 7 months later...
Thanks for the post "WayOfTheWarriorx" i reset the quest in the city outside the hangar, and it helped. I got the cutscene to work returning down the elevator to my ship. okt 2019 bugg still living large : ) Edited by Donnadarco