Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

StephanSimpson
05.02.2017 , 11:18 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by dr_mike View Post
Yes, it's just a very bad trap in that case.

edit: Guess I'll head over to Farmville for a bit. Been weeks since I fed the cows.
Yeah, i'm thinking about playing Clicker Heroes...at least I don't get disappointed with that game unlike this game.

I can't even log into the website when I click My SWTOR.

I'd tell Eric, if he's still checking out threads...to shoot a text or something over to the server guy that's tinkering with the login server and have him reboot it. Or maybe do a "ipconfig /release" and "/renew" might fix it....if the log in server is running windows.

dr_mike
05.02.2017 , 11:20 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by StephanSimpson View Post
I'd tell Eric, if he's still checking out threads...to shoot a text or something over to the server guy that's tinkering with the login server and have him reboot it. Or maybe do a "ipconfig /release" and "/renew" might fix it....if the log in server is running windows.
Look up. He's already stated that they're working on it.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

StephanSimpson
05.02.2017 , 11:23 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by dr_mike View Post
Look up. He's already stated that they're working on it.
Yes, I've already seen that. But what you don't know is some of those software engineer guys won't do the simple fix. They always have to write another program to fix what's wrong and inherently create more problems later on. It's kinda what happened with Hellgate: London.

I've also read a forum post from a Dev or Mod and that "Oh we're sorry, the software engineer forgot to turn the authentication server back on. Have a nice day!" And that was 18 hours into their "troubleshooting."

CCPdystopia
05.02.2017 , 11:23 AM | #84
Yeah, i'm thinking about playing Clicker Heroes...at least I don't get disappointed with that game unlike this game.

I can't even log into the website when I click My SWTOR.

You seriously think a simple reboot or an ipconfig /release /renew is going to fix whatever issue they are having? LMFAO get real bro.

StephanSimpson
05.02.2017 , 11:25 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by CCPdystopia View Post
You seriously think a simple reboot or an ipconfig /release /renew is going to fix whatever issue they are having? LMFAO get real bro.
I've seen some crazy stuff...like not having a mouse plugged into a computer keeping it from booting into the OS.

KillerCrayon
05.02.2017 , 11:26 AM | #86
Haha. Maybe there's a CAT unplugged somewhere.

StephanSimpson
05.02.2017 , 11:27 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by KillerCrayon View Post
Haha. Maybe there's a CAT unplugged somewhere.
I've see this too.

dr_mike
05.02.2017 , 11:27 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by CCPdystopia View Post
Get used to it around here. A lot of folks think they're hardware engineers and/ or programmers.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

CCPdystopia
05.02.2017 , 11:28 AM | #89
I've seen some crazy stuff...like not having a mouse plugged into a computer keeping it from booting into the OS.
yes, but get this (and try to understand it) computer issues /= software/program issues.

Mianera
05.02.2017 , 11:30 AM | #90
Stop trying to identify the issue with wild theories when the answer is obvious.

it is caused by INCOMPETENCE!