Vengeance Jugg PVP

TheKhurg

So I have full 258 PVP gear and I'm still only sitting at 28k health fully buffed (only 2 pieces are augmented right now due to high cost of the items). Should I be replacing the deft mods in all my gear with the higher endurance lower strength versions?

Getting booted from premade groups without warning so I'm assuming it's health pool related.

Edited by TheKhurg

No, you should finish augmenting your gear.

Though I am not entirely sure what you are on about. As far as I know the only way to be voted out from a WZ (premade or solo queued) is based off of inactivity. Participating in any combat immediately clears the votes against you. If that is the case, I don't care what your health is, I dont want you on my team if you are just going to afk in a corner.

I'm being booted from groups not from warzones.

If it's happening again and again, I don't think it's so much a health issue as it is a reputation issue. In which case, yikes.

If you're talking about premades for Ranked PvP, then shame on you for trying to play ranked while not having fully augmented PvP gear. Fully Augmented is a HUGE difference, and is the minimum requirement for ranked PvP groups to not hate your guts.

Ultimately, your goal for PvP gear is to fill your mod slots with unlettered enhancements (no A or B), and have every augment slot filled with a purple Strength mod.

Also, what do you mean by "full 258 PvP gear"? That number is meaningless. Did you mean 158?

Edited by Vid-szhite

Why remove the mods with A or B in them? The A versions have higher strength and with the 9% strength bonus, doesn't the stacking of strength outweigh the benefit of the additional secondary (power/surge/crit) values on non A or B mods?

edit:

Nevermind - you said enhancements and I read that as mods too. Sorry.

Edited by TheKhurg

Why remove the mods with A or B in them? The A versions have higher strength and with the 9% strength bonus, doesn't the stacking of strength outweigh the benefit of the additional secondary (power/surge/crit) values on non A or B mods?

edit:

Nevermind - you said enhancements and I read that as mods too. Sorry.

No, you were right the first time, I said mods, and that is a very good question. Higher strength is only useful to a point, because each point of strength is worth roughly 1.12 points of power. EQUAL amounts of strength and power, you take strength every time. Augments, for example, give +32 points of either Strength or Power, so the choice is obvious -- Strength wins.

Now, when you're giving up 30 points of power to gain 5 strength, do you see the problem? That's what the A mods do -- they sacrifice a huge amount of offstat for a very tiny amount of mainstat. No amount of spec mainstat buff would be able to make up that difference unless it tripled your mainstat from gear. Try replacing an A-mod with an unlettered mod and watch your bonus damage go up.

NOTE: I am assuming you always replace an A-mod with an unlettered Power mod. Never add crit in offstats if you can help it. You get plenty of crit from mainstat. Always go for power -- a 1% chance to maybe do better damage is not as useful as a 1% increase in damage to both normal hits and critical hits. This is especially true of Vengeance, because we get no surge talents, nor any side benefit from critical hits (energy on crit, etc). Crit talents are useful, because they don't replace strength or power talents, but crit rating? Pass.

Edited by Vid-szhite

So is there a crit target I should focus on at all then? There's a guide that I don't know how accurate/reliable that says crit is more important for vengeance until you get to around 25% (I assume 20% without buffs). Should I remove/replace ALL of my mods with crit with the power versions? Edited by TheKhurg