3+ more months of Denova?

Just my 2 cents.

If BW confirms there will be no new operation for three months, I am going to consider cancelling my subscription. Before I haven't even considered but I am just flat out bored of Denova and maybe it's my fault. I do it with more than one character. I would really hope BW would announce something instead of just making us guess what is going to happen.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am looking forward to any new content, which NiM Denova would bring. I am getting real sick of running denova and would rather see SM/HM Terror from Beyond over NiM Denova. I am at the point of gearing up my 3rd alt in BH/Campaign gear from HM Denova drops and am ready for something else. All NiM Denova will bring is a run for the title and then done. Edited by Flying-Brian

Just my 2 cents.

If BW confirms there will be no new operation for three months, I am going to consider cancelling my subscription. Before I haven't even considered but I am just flat out bored of Denova and maybe it's my fault. I do it with more than one character. I would really hope BW would announce something instead of just making us guess what is going to happen.

Thats exactly why they wont give any info. They dont want people to cancel their subs. They string us along all guessing and hoping. Alot will not cancel their subs until they know for sure.....there are alot of people like you.

Thats exactly why they wont give any info. They dont want people to cancel their subs. They string us along all guessing and hoping. Alot will not cancel their subs until they know for sure.....there are alot of people like you.

I guess that is a good point, but as far as what BW's lead designer has said -the wait has already been too long. I watched some interview of him recorded soon after 1.3 and he said NiM Denova is coming _very soon_ with new mechanics, surprises and new tier of gear. He also claimed Makeb is coming _very soon_ and I guess the server merges project created the unnecessary schedule fail. I still think BW should communicate when they are planning on releasing it. If the date is on later date pushed, it's still better than losing tons of subscriptions because of the lead designer can't open his mouth.

Now it's clear that they are behind schedule and due to mixed messages from BW -or just lack of delivering what has been announced is going to end up hurting them more than not telling -the scale is tipping in my opinion. I am starting to think the lack of information is driving more people away and it's harder for them to come back at all.

I guess my type of players only know my type of players (endgame loonies) and currently what I see is following: Guilds that previously ran 16m Denova HM are now struggling to get 8m going. Just last night couple of friends said they will not be around from next week because they are not renewing their subscription until more endgame content is available. We were pugging Denova HM because pretty much everyone has at least two alts they can do Denova HM with and still the guilds are dwindling. I hope they are not too excited about server merges because it's just harder to see the slow decline of players losing their interest no update on endgame content is creating.

This is my first mmorpg and I have nothing to compare this process to, but I currently have four alts capable of doing Denova HM and just about in maxed out gear with the longer road of optimizing mods and enhancements. I have enjoyed this a lot, but for now, I see no joy in playing it until I know the date for the endgame content. I was also pretty sad that they are advertising the HK quest as a massive story arc and one that requires quite a bit from both factions (assuming higher level 50 toon on both sides) as I have no incentive to level up any toons to do the same content over and over again. Does this mean that I can't enjoy the "massive story arc" without leveling yet another toon to lvl 50 on a faction I do not want to be in? I certainly hope one can do the story arc and not get the HK sidekick until the requirements are met. :)

Edited by Ruskaeth

No mention of NiM Denova at the Gamescom EA press conference, but they said Terror From Beyond is "coming next month".

I saw that and I'm not too hopeful. It seems like its going to stick with two difficulties and if its the same number of bosses as the current operations, I can see the same thing happening again two or three months down the line. I'm also concerned that it won't be tested properly due to it releasing next month. 3 - 4 weeks hardly seems like enough time to fully test a brand new operation. There's a reason Blizzard has their raids up for so long on the PTS and I just hope Bioware don't rush it out, we really don't need another pre 1.2 Eternity Vault right now.

Its also a little sad that they didn't mention a feature that's approximately 3 months late. Their definition of "soon after 1.2" must be a lot different than what we thought.

Edited by The-Vortex