Eric, when will the website be updated?

DartDaya

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any plans to update the About section of the website? imo this is important as new or returning players may not see that there have been major updates to the game...

Is this the new Slot Machine trend?

The fact they haven't updated the website makes them seem lazy and frankly like they don't even care about their own name.

However, what the hell is it with people today and their 4-5 threads about it?

Did you all JUST discover that the website isn't up-to-date?

What about the fact that they still have the 3rd Anniversary as one of the rotating banners right on the front page. Obviously not much going on here since the latest news is over a month old at this point and talking about Life Day. Heck at this point, even the SoR trailer and Guild Flagship banners are getting long in the tooth. Since an entirely different team *should* be in charge of the website, there is no reason that is should be so out of date at this point.

Is this the new Slot Machine trend?

However, what the hell is it with people today and their 4-5 threads about it?

I don't know if it is the first rule of gaming forums, but it's in the top 5: "If one thread is good, 10 is better."

I don't know if it is the first rule of gaming forums, but it's in the top 5: "If one thread is good, 10 is better."

Gotta agree with this!!!! The squeaky wheel gets the grease...that's how the slots got nerfed in the 1st place!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post
Now that Woods is no longer a member of the Community team, are we still going to see a website update?

Yup! Although Woods has moved to the writing team it is still a project on our team to get things in a better place. We definitely don't like seeing out of date information on the site! As someone quoted earlier from Courtney's post, we are working on it but no timeline right now.

Thanks!

-eric

I don't understand. You guys put out an e-mail and a promotion to get new people back and then they come to a site with outdated information. I get you're working on it, but I would think this would be a priority. If it was updated constantly it wouldn't even be that much work, but since there is such outdated info, it's more like an overhaul.

We definitely don't like seeing out of date information on the site!

Stuff such as this clearly shows otherwise.

RotHC was released almost two years ago, which was when that page was either first updated or introduced. There's not even mention of DF or DP, which were released in October 2013 -- nor the new gear accompanying them.

I mean, you don't even have half of your operations listed in the main site, as seen here. The latest operation there is Terror From Beyond, which was released in 2012. There's not even a reference to the fact NiM is available for it.

Seriously... :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Stuff such as this clearly shows otherwise.:

Updates like shouldnt take longer then a hour for someone to switch out the text.

BW needs hired a separate team to have things like this updated and to fix simple bugs. Hire a intern or even someone part time help.

Just look at the history with BW fixing problems/bug. They are either understaffed or mismanagement. My money is on both.:(

Yup! Although Woods has moved to the writing team it is still a project on our team to get things in a better place. We definitely don't like seeing out of date information on the site! As someone quoted earlier from Courtney's post, we are working on it but no timeline right now.

Thanks!

-eric

Yay:)

Yay:)

You do know his response is no different than Courtney's, the latter almost a year old right?

You also do know this page hasn't been updated in almost two years, while this one, new layout aside, in almost three, correct?

In other words, yay for... what exactly? :confused:

Their actions speak louder.

Updates like shouldnt take longer then a hour for someone to switch out the text.

BW needs hired a separate team to have things like this updated and to fix simple bugs. Hire a intern or even someone part time help.

The operations one should take significantly longer but even so, no excuse for it to remain unchanged, new layout aside, for almost three years.

I do agree on the Elder Game guide though.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Since they already have people on the payroll who I would assume should have been doing this, why would they hire more? It's not like Courtney was too busy doing other things all of last year, before she left, to finish what she had promised...I know I don't know the full extent of what Tait, Eric, Pokket or Courtney do (did) all day, but with 4 people and a lack of any other massive project that we know of, I fail to see how they were unable to accomplish it last year (or the year prior). 4 people who posted less than one post a day (between the 4 of them) and they couldn't get it done?! I just don't think more people are what it takes to get it done...the game needs new management.

Don't worry guys. It is on their to-do-list. Right behind solving Riemann's hypothesis, curing Parkinson's, learning Sumerian, and finding Jimmy Hoffa's body. Clearly they don't even have an hour to spare to get it done.