Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

A lot of people never even look at the cartel packs or pay attention to them. I don't even know which one it comes in. All I know is using the preview option showed me what it'd look like on my toon, i liked it, so i bought it... I guess every time I preview something off the GTN I should go do research of every picture bioware has ever released to make sure they didn't screw something up. :rolleyes:

Pretty much this. I don't look at the Cartel Packs. I just use preview.

It's not the end of the world, I'll just buy the Outlaw set.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people never even look at the cartel packs or pay attention to them. I don't even know which one it comes in. All I know is using the preview option showed me what it'd look like on my toon, i liked it, so i bought it... I guess every time I preview something off the GTN I should go do research of every picture bioware has ever released to make sure they didn't screw something up. :rolleyes:

That's nice for you, but others have said that they bought tons of packs specifically hoping to get this gear. So, you bought tons of packs and never noticed the gears appearance on the ad? :rolleyes:

I think most people are feigning ignorance to be perfectly honest. Most knew what they armor was meant to look like and bought it anyway (likely thinking... "It's Bioware! They'll never fix it!").

They released a Smuggler/Agent set, then Consular/Inquisitor and now JK and SW. The fact that it was meant as an Inquisitor's robe was more than obvious.

That's nice for you, but others have said that they bought tons of packs specifically hoping to get this gear. So, you bought tons of packs and never noticed the gears appearance on the ad? :rolleyes:

I think most people are feigning ignorance to be perfectly honest. Most knew what they armor was meant to look like and bought it anyway (likely thinking... "It's Bioware! They'll never fix it!").

They released a Smuggler/Agent set, then Consular/Inquisitor and now JK and SW. The fact that it was meant as an Inquisitor's robe was more than obvious.

Same people Ignore speed limit then respond "Gee Officer, I never saw the speed limit sign.":p

Well...when I made my purchase of the Cartel Pack.....It was clearly visible. In game "Preview" is not an advertisement.;)

http://www.swtor.com/buy

Right below the spot to purchae Cartel Coins....Gee a pic of what the set look liked....not very hard to find, plain as day.:D

You're right, preview isn't an advertisement.... it's what it ACTUALLY looked like. And think you missed the point where I said I don't look at the cartel packs. They are a waste of money. I have plenty of credits so I just look at new items through preview on GTN since you figure what the items actually look like on your toon would be what they are supposed to be. Hard concept I know.

In the end, it's not that huge of a deal. I just find it funny people expect every person that plays the game to be well versed with every advertisement and/or picture bioware releases in order to compare items they may or may not buy later down the road off the GTN. It was a giant screw up by Bioware no matter how people want to deflect it back on to the consumer.

You're right, preview isn't an advertisement.... it's what it ACTUALLY looked like. And think you missed the point where I said I don't look at the cartel packs. They are a waste of money. I have plenty of credits so I just look at new items through preview on GTN since you figure what the items actually look like on your toon would be what they are supposed to be. Hard concept I know.

In the end, it's not that huge of a deal. I just find it funny people expect every person that plays the game to be well versed with every advertisement and/or picture bioware releases in order to compare items they may or may not buy later down the road off the GTN. It was a giant screw up by Bioware no matter how people want to deflect it back on to the consumer.

Well, Firstly someone had to purchase the cartel pack for the item to drop, then it could be placed on the GTN. There is no other way for the set to be in game.

Secondly, Perhaps the only reason it was placed on the GTN is because it was not what the buyer of the cartel pack he/she purchased advertised for.:rolleyes:

Ok, so, you come to the website and post in the forums, yet you've never once looked at the advertisements for the CM on the site. :rolleyes:

Sorry if I don't believe you.

Okay and who gives me compensation for ripping out the mods?

and then money for the augmentationslot MK6 + fee for installing?

we're talking about 100k all in all^^

100k may be peanuts for a few ppl here, but i'm not willing to pay for mistakes by bioware ;)

W

I agree with this 100%. Only way around it would be to flag the nerfed gear to allow free mod rips or some such. May not be possiblle, but who knows...

Edited by BobaScott
Darn auto correct

Same people Ignore speed limit then respond "Gee Officer, I never saw the speed limit sign.":p

Ha! You totally stole my thunder. I was literally JUST going to post this.

All of the people posting since the patch saying, "I never read the forums so I didn't know this was going to be corrected.", and "I don't look at the ads, I just preview it in-game." made me think of people that ignore warnings or advisories and then are shocked and upset when something happens.

"I never look at the speed limit, I just go with the flow of traffic." As if that somehow makes it the officer's fault for pulling you over, or makes it okay that you broke the law.

Except that example is lacking as traffic signs and road are joined where as the game and forum ain't.

(I don't have any of the modified armors.)

This would be valid if not for the ads also being on the in-game store. Even if you didn't buy any of the packs, I'm sure most people likely opens the store up and looks at the new items for sale from time to time. Again, I think a lot of the "I didn't know!!" talk is people feigning ignorance. I guess they think Bioware will be more likely to give them their way if they pretend to be a victim.

Ha! You totally stole my thunder. I was literally JUST going to post this.

All of the people posting since the patch saying, "I never read the forums so I didn't know this was going to be corrected.", and "I don't look at the ads, I just preview it in-game." made me think of people that ignore warnings or advisories and then are shocked and upset when something happens.

"I never look at the speed limit, I just go with the flow of traffic." As if that somehow makes it the officer's fault for pulling you over, or makes it okay that you broke the law.

Wow that's the worst example yet. As you go down a road you can see the signs next to it. When you get gear in-game there is no sign that reads "warning, BioWare may change this at any moment with out warning."

BW has admitted they handled this wrong. Most people can see that both sides have valid arguments as to which way the gear should be. BW said they will try to remedy this. Why are people still arguing?

This would be valid if not for the ads also being on the in-game store. Even if you didn't buy any of the packs, I'm sure most people likely opens the store up and looks at the new items for sale from time to time. Again, I think a lot of the "I didn't know!!" talk is people feigning ignorance. I guess they think Bioware will be more likely to give them their way if they pretend to be a victim.

Ever see ads/posters for fast food? The actual food you get is NEVER like that. The gear in the ad isn't even labelled. Arguing that an artistic impression is supposed to look 100% like the finished product is insane. Just not as much as arguing that everyone who plays is responsible for checking the forums for hints that a change may or may not come.

Wow that's the worst example yet. As you go down a road you can see the signs next to it. When you get gear in-game there is no sign that reads "warning, BioWare may change this at any moment with out warning."

BW has admitted they handled this wrong. Most people can see that both sides have valid arguments as to which way the gear should be. BW said they will try to remedy this. Why are people still arguing?

Because the mods merged a thread.

Ok, so, you come to the website and post in the forums, yet you've never once looked at the advertisements for the CM on the site. :rolleyes:

Sorry if I don't believe you.

Nope, never have looked at the CM advertisements on this site. I've thumbed through the CM in the game and obviously seen pictures in the CM. But I never once looked at whatever this picture is and thought... oh that's supposed to be this armor set but it isn't the same as what this picture is... especially since they aren't labeled with the name. Was literally looking at adaptaive armor on the GTN and previewing stuff to see what it looks like and found the phantom one and liked it. Sorry that's a hard concept for people to grasp.

Completely understand the original people that got screwed by buying the cartel packs for this armor would be upset and want a change. But reversing it back literally did the exact same screw job to the people who bought it off of the GTN because of previewing it. If it's a contest of who got screwed more then I'll concede that the people who paid real money for a chance at this specific armor got screwed more. But is that really a contest this game should be having?

Nope, never have looked at the CM advertisements on this site. I've thumbed through the CM in the game and obviously seen pictures in the CM. But I never once looked at whatever this picture is and thought... oh that's supposed to be this armor set but it isn't the same as what this picture is... especially since they aren't labeled with the name. Was literally looking at adaptaive armor on the GTN and previewing stuff to see what it looks like and found the phantom one and liked it. Sorry that's a hard concept for people to grasp.

Completely understand the original people that got screwed by buying the cartel packs for this armor would be upset and want a change. But reversing it back literally did the exact same screw job to the people who bought it off of the GTN because of previewing it. If it's a contest of who got screwed more then I'll concede that the people who paid real money for a chance at this specific armor got screwed more. But is that really a contest this game should be having?

Once again...Preview is not an Advertisement. Picture on Cartel Pack is an Advertisement. EA/BioWare can Be sue'd for Advertising Gear and people did not get what was advertised, IE: False Advertising.....they cannot be sue'd because you "previewed" it, No such thing as false preview.

+1 for sanity. :D

Edited by Ryscandor

what about the actual "advertisement" in the cartel market of the Investigator set? it looks nothing like it does in the preview screen...I have included an actual screen shot I just took..false advertisement?

either way..bioware needs to clean up their act..

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii629/JadehNeVeah/Investigatorsset_zps0d7b86ab.jpg

Sorry, But that set does look that way...on a male toon.

Sorry, But that set does look that way...on a male toon.

ah..so perhaps they need to clarify? no...bioware needs to clean up their act..plain and simple. ensure all things are according to what they are describing for all characters - male/female...it was sloppy on their part, but I do want to say I am extremely happy they are looking into fixing the issues. its sad that it has taken a beast of horrid ranting to make them sit up and notice though..

ah..so perhaps they need to clarify? no...bioware needs to clean up their act..plain and simple. ensure all things are according to what they are describing for all characters - male/female...it was sloppy on their part, but I do want to say I am extremely happy they are looking into fixing the issues. its sad that it has taken a beast of horrid ranting to make them sit up and notice though..

Since you are new, It has been known since release the many armors do not share the same graphic for Male/Female toons.

-2 for missing the point.:p

Why is there not a limit to how many posts a person can make within a certain timeframe? I read post after post, with pretty much the same information every post coming from this guy. We know, we know, we've heard it a thousand times by now, you have a vaild point, please stop stating it. Your filling this thread and trolling it on purpose to piss people off, with garbage.

There is a large population of people who bought these items based on the preview, who had no clue they were going to change it. This is fact, I'm not trying to argue here. The devs have acknoweledged they have wronged these people and are going to fix it.

"Organize a decent post, and let it marinate a bit, come back, maybe do it again. Don't just try to get your name up on the Most Frequent Poster award."

Once again...Preview is not an Advertisement. Picture on Cartel Pack is an Advertisement. EA/BioWare can Be sue'd for Advertising Gear and people did not get what was advertised, IE: False Advertising.....they cannot be sue'd because you "previewed" it, No such thing as false preview.

I'm not arguing real legal issues here. Who the heck would sue over a digital product like this? I don't care that much. Point is both sides of each armor look have a reason to be upset over this situation is my only point. It would have made more sense for BW to fix the problem by leaving both versions in game some how after the initial screwup. Just hope I don't buy anything else off the GTN that looks different in some random picture some where on the internets and gets changed later.