Command Rank 5 happening, not just a bad, sick tisted joke from Bioware

LordAppius

Yes it is happening....

For all of those who have doubts go to Decorations>Mounts:page 72. There is a mount there ( DAMN BIOWARE YOU HAVE ZERO CREATIVITY) THAT DROPS FROM cOMMAND cRATES tIER 5.

More grind for a game that should rename to Eternal Grind

Bioware if you are going to keep implementing more Command tiers at least give us some cool stuff, and not 15 reskined Star fortress mounts as well as 5 zakuul taxis.....

Edited by LordAppius

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is happening....

For all of those who have doubts go to Decorations>Mounts:page 72. There is a mount there ( DAMN BIOWARE YOU HAVE ZERO CREATIVITY) THAT DROPS FROM cOMMAND cRATES tIER 5.

Bioware if you are going to keep implementing more Command tiers at least give us some cool stuff, and not 15 reskined Star fortress mounts as well as 5 zakuul taxis.....

If that really is the case and they don't put Bolster at a proper lvl for skill vs skill pvp, that will be the last straw for me.. there will be no grace period for them this time.. I will just unsub and never come back.

I would say initially this was absolutely the plan... Just keep adding command ranks---> Add infinity.

Although, With the negative backlash surrounding the Galactic Command system it may no longer be the plan.

If they are planning on moving forward with introducing new command ranks every few months I have no doubt it will tank this game. No player will want to dig themselves out of a hole that has no bottom... Not even the most vigilant grind addicts.

I still refuse to embrace the Galactic Command system at all... Just playing Non-70 characters. The one 70 I played for a couple weeks in the GC system has been abandoned.

My time with this game is going to be decided by the "Roadmap" If they do not intend to turn away from the current gearing system I'm out... I am constantly questioning why I have not permanently left already.

Edited by Soljin

Hope they are not that stupid. They just rolled out another 100 levels and most people are still in Tier 1 / Tier 2 levels.

CXP is a crap system and while I do like the Galactic Command idea the implementation was moronic.

Too many OTHER things to fix still. Like bounty hunter week for CXP. Same amount for the daily as the weekly. Why? Wouldn't it be worth like 5+ Daily's since its only once. Silly 80 Command points isn't going to have people flooding that.

I'm also waiting to see this "Roadmap" and only bought a 2 month sub just to check out things. So far the CXP grind is still boring slow and Q-Pop's are terrible. Waited for 1 hour for GF SM to pop only to have the group fall apart on the Trio. They really need a WOW look alike for BUFF of GF Operations. Folks just don't get it for some reason.

LOL. GG, Bioware. If you are truly so out of touch that you don't realize this will kill the game, I don't know what to say. There needs to be at least six more months before a new gear tier drops or even the nolifers will unsub.

This is a joke right? tier 5? if 5.2 taught us anything, tier 5 legendary will cost more than tier 4, and will require at least tier three then tier 4 to even trade in.

The only way this wont be a gamekiller is if GC becomes legacy. otherwise.

Edited by Seterade

If that really is the case and they don't put Bolster at a proper lvl for skill vs skill pvp, that will be the last straw for me.. there will be no grace period for them this time.. I will just unsub and never come back.

bolster was moved up with t4, and would be for t5 as well

They just rolled out another 100 levels

Wait, I thought Bioware just added the Tier IV crates at level 300 and without any new levels to grind before you can get them? That's what I read on the forums after the backlash of actually planning to add another 100 levels.

I think they planned to add some more levels a few months ago, but even the tier IV backlash was too much to handle. That's why they just put up Tier IV at level 300 and didn't actually add any levels.

As for what this finding presents: Let's give Keith some time to finish the roadmap. It might just be a leftover addition from a previous patch. They already refused to introduce 100 new levels when the backlash over a possible Tier IV range was so apparent on Facebook and this forum. I doubt they'd now turn around and add a fifth tier with new levels after that incident. It'd be nice if Keith or Musco could comment on this though. The last thing this game needs is another tier of endless gold gear grind.

Edited by Alssaran

Wait, I thought Bioware just added the Tier IV crates at level 300 and without any new levels to grind before you can get them? That's what I read on the forums after the backlash of actually planning to add another 100 levels.

I think they planned to add some more levels a few months ago, but even the tier IV backlash was too much to handle. That's why they just put up Tier IV at level 300 and didn't actually add any levels.

Yep. They changed it from their initial plan. Now the problem is command rank doesn't go past 300. Command rank 4 starts at 300. They can't make command rank 5 start there and the people maxed at 300 will likely unsubscribe if they've been cheated out of levels beyond 300. My guess is that this was the intention. People got that info prior to release. They've changed it after our feedback. Right now they can't just throw in tier 5 at 300.

Right now they can't just throw in tier 5 at 300.

That's an entirely different issue though. What I was addressing was just the "they just added 100 new levels" part. I was pretty sure they didn't.

Anyway, it'd be a tremendously bad idea if Bioware added tier 5 at any point past that level. 300 levels per character is already an insane amount to grind. Now adding an even new tier of golden and purple items that you have to grind would kill the community almost instantaneously. Heck, I'm not even past level 230 on my main character (Guardian). There's no way I'd support them adding a fifth tier of RNG madness right now.

Edited by Alssaran

My guess on this is--and it's just a guess based on pure speculation on my part, nothing more, I could be totally wrong--is that what will happen eventually is that Tier 1 as we know it will stop being a thing. Crates will start off dropping Tier 2 gear, then move to Tier 3, 4, and then the new 5. Same number of crates/Command Ranks, different tiers. The reason I'm guessing they'll do it this way is because of the huge backlash people had at the idea of having to grind out 100 more increasingly slow levels of CXP. So instead they'll just shift what tier of crates drop at what rank.

Another option they could that that would be similar is simply to reduce the amount of ranks you spend in any tier. If they have 5 tiers of gear eventually, they could have you spend those 300 ranks on the first four tiers, then drop tier 5 boxes as you repeat 300 over and over again.

Edited by AscendingSky

Bioware would would have signed their own death-warrant if they do add another 100 levels, i'm only Tier 1 and at most a level 15. Most of us will cancell because it would only say the Bioware has no interest in caring and supporting their own Subscribers.

400 levels is bull and rediculous in leveling as it is, and sure as hell don't have time to get big and fat playing this MMO for something as rediculous as 500 levels to grind for best gear, after everyone has just grinded all their Mains and Alts to 70.

That's Suicide.

He seems to have found a fact. Assuming he's not just trolling; my list for mounts is only 71 pages with nothing unusual at the end.

Plus, in the absence of real info, people are going to speculate. That's how people work.

Edited by stoopicus

Yes it is happening....

Ohh thats awesome. I'm thrilled.

Keep it coming bioware!

If they would just raise the damn bolster high enough so the gear wont matter everyone wins.

I'm almost full 248 BIS now, it sucks when you can't get better anymore for long periods of time. I think new gear at these kinds of regular intervals would be a galvanizing effect for the game, Raiders will love it. Gearing is the bread and butter of progression raiders, it pumps us. When people have a carrot at the end of a stick they have something to aspire to and work towards.

As a PVPer as well as a Raider, I really do see both sides of it and I understand why PVPers don't like it under present conditions, bolster takes that concern away so it's win/win for everyone.

Another thing people need to remember is that just because you may not have gotten all the gear at the present BIS level doesn't mean you'll have to do that first before you can get the increased and new BIS gear, you can skip rating levels entirely.

i.e. someone can go from a 242 piece of gear straight to a 248 piece of gear and can skip 244 and 246 rated gear entirely. So it's not like it's really making more work for players.

I am personally very happy about the increased release of new tiers of gear, with some revision in the bolster, no one needs to be a loser in it and I think it would make both Raiders and hardcore PVPers happier in the long run.

That's the last thing this game needs is another tier.I got my main all 248 and it was a long and frustrating process.

I have bit the bullet and started doing it on a couple of alts,if they bring this out it will literally kill this game for me.

The system is flawed,ie the whole t4 rng bull s hit fest,if they make it even more of the same I quit,and won't be back.

I mean, some confirmation here would be good. I didn't see any mount like that in my list. OP could simply be trolling for all we know.

Even if it turns out to be BS, though, the reactions in this thread speak volumes and I hope Keith reads it. It's an important message for Bioware to get. Players are still playing *despite* the grind, not because of it.

Edited by stoopicus

Yes it is happening....

Yes it s the true, just piece of ****.

command rate 5, why do not change every week ? poor ****