NYC Cantina Discussion - Official Response?

Jamtas

So I appreciate that Cristina Petrarca did some live tweeting during the Cantina of the information spoken of to go along with the site updates from Friday. (and thanks to Dulfy for linking them all as well)

However, I just wanted to see if Eric, Ben or Charles was going to make a post summing everything up that was discussed as well so we can get some clear idea of everything?

-Are chapters being released all at once for the "binging", in batches?

-Mention of a livestream in January regarding operations. Is that true, or is it not operations but Group content of which we won't describe what kind until then?

-More livestreams to come to go into more detail on Uprisings, alerts, etc?

-End Date for DvL?

-New PvP maps/new types?

-GSF content?

Just wanted to see if there was any official word on these to counter the speculation that is occurring in the absence of clarity.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree we do need an 'official' summary.

However, I assume they are hesitant to put much to writing out of fear of failure to deliver. Look at the 'backlash' they got when chapter 10 was pushed or the arena? Of course they could alleviate that by having an official 'plan' list of items and changes like:

• PVP Maps (High Probability)
  • New PVP Battle Types (Low Probability due to coding changes)
  • 4 Man Operation mechanics (with companions) - Moderate Probability due to demand

Maybe wishful thinking but hey would be nice.

I think we're far past the point where someone from the studio needs to have a discussion about Operations. Instead, the January livestream will say something like "We can't say anything yet" or the same useless crap.

Regardless, I agree. When the summation of the "announce" is a few tweets from someone it's a little.... strange.

I hope we're just dealing with the studio taking a long weekend due to the Cantina and the holiday and they are going to post something meaningful Tuesday. If not, that's just insane.

I hope we're just dealing with the studio taking a long weekend due to the Cantina and the holiday and they are going to post something meaningful Tuesday. If not, that's just insane.

More wishful thinking... :)

I called it back in January... 10 months ago... But no, I got blasted for pointing out that the devs were largely done with the game, other than MX mode...

45 minutes of solo story a month to feed the CM does not a healthy game make...

Regardless, I agree. When the summation of the "announce" is a few tweets from someone it's a little.... strange.

The summation of the announcement is the huge banner on the front page that links to the

, the release date, a breakdown of the expansion's key features, a list of the subscriber rewards, the key characters (an intro for new players), and a list of all the chapters. There are questions people have that were raised by the announcement, and I suspect there'll be blog posts and forum responses parsed out over the next two months to address them.

I called it back in January... 10 months ago... But no, I got blasted for pointing out that the devs were largely done with the game, other than MX mode...

I see people are still using "Maintenance Mode" to mean "focusing development on features I don't like" - the game is putting out a new expansion with new features (Galactic Command, difficulty settings, the Light v Dark influence system), group content (Uprisings), and solo content (nine story chapters), and over the last 12 months it released 17 chapters, the new Eternal Championship feature, two Warzones, and completely revamped the companion system. All of those take resources, time, and energy, so calling it "maintenance mode" seems silly.

Edited by DarthDymond

What holiday is it? I don't know of anything between Labor Day and Halloween : o

The summation of the announcement is the huge banner on the front page that links to the
, the release date, a breakdown of the expansion's key features, a list of the subscriber rewards, the key characters (an intro for new players), and a list of all the chapters. There are questions people have that were raised by the announcement, and I suspect there'll be blog posts and forum responses parsed out over the next two months to address them.

I see people are still using "Maintenance Mode" to mean "focusing development on features I don't like" - the game is putting out a new expansion with new features (Galactic Command, difficulty settings, the Light v Dark influence system), group content (Uprisings), and solo content (nine story chapters), and over the last 12 months it released 17 chapters, the new Eternal Championship feature, two Warzones, and completely revamped the companion system. All of those take resources, time, and energy, so calling it "maintenance mode" seems silly.

1. KOTFE: replay value: zero. Bored to death with endless skytrooper corridors. SOLO.

2. TEC: interesting, but no replay value as no actual rewards. SOLO.

End game content: zero. Group content: zero.

All they have really produced are 2 WZ maps in 2 years. Nothing for end game content, nothing for group content. No new ops, no new FPs, no new events, not even a new planetary conquest. There is absolutely nothing new in the game for old players to do. There is absolutely no new group content in the game to do.

The KOTFE expansion was a disaster IMO. It did not produce anything of MMO value. They could have done the exact same thing, by releasing it as a single player game.

1. KOTFE: replay value: zero. Bored to death with endless skytrooper corridors. SOLO.

2. TEC: interesting, but no replay value as no actual rewards. SOLO.

End game content: zero. Group content: zero.

All they have really produced are 2 WZ maps in 2 years.

Exaxtly this still is Maintanance mode!! Those things may have been in development for ages and arent hard to do. The most difficult things could be the boss encounters in TEC, but thats no big deal for such a long development time! The game is still not getting new content, just minor tweaks, they are using old areas which are just edited to save time and development costs of making actual new stuff! Making anything to be soloable or in group is also no point, i dont recall anyone doing TEC in a group of 4, i tried it with a friend and there is no scale no increased difficulty, nothing, with 4 ppl you would dps through all the mechanics!!

...........Maintanance mode............

Exaxtly this still is Maintanance mode!! Those things may have been in development for ages and arent hard to do. The most difficult things could be the boss encounters in TEC, but thats no big deal for such a long development time! The game is still not getting new content, just minor tweaks, they are using old areas which are just edited to save time and development costs of making actual new stuff! Making anything to be soloable or in group is also no point, i dont recall anyone doing TEC in a group of 4, i tried it with a friend and there is no scale no increased difficulty, nothing, with 4 ppl you would dps through all the mechanics!!

...........Maintanance mode............

no its not maintenance mode lol maintenance mode means NO NEW CONTENT, look at what happened to warhammer online (no new content after the first expansion until it shut down).

This got new content every month, content that some people dont like sure, but still new content.

no its not maintenance mode lol maintenance mode means NO NEW CONTENT, look at what happened to warhammer online (no new content after the first expansion until it shut down).

This got new content every month, content that some people dont like sure, but still new content.

What exactly is that content? A 20 mins long crappy chapter? And a 10 mins long alliance alert? All of that solo? that's not end game content. That's not content. Content means something that you spend some time and effort to achiev, be it a new conquest, a new event, a new op, new FPs, a new daily area...

• Dev Post
So I appreciate that Cristina Petrarca did some live tweeting during the Cantina of the information spoken of to go along with the site updates from Friday. (and thanks to Dulfy for linking them all as well)

However, I just wanted to see if Eric, Ben or Charles was going to make a post summing everything up that was discussed as well so we can get some clear idea of everything?

-Are chapters being released all at once for the "binging", in batches?

-Mention of a livestream in January regarding operations. Is that true, or is it not operations but Group content of which we won't describe what kind until then?

-More livestreams to come to go into more detail on Uprisings, alerts, etc?

-End Date for DvL?

-New PvP maps/new types?

-GSF content?

Just wanted to see if there was any official word on these to counter the speculation that is occurring in the absence of clarity.

Thanks in advance!

I got you covered:

• All 9 Chapters are being released with Eternal Throne's launch.
  • What we said is that after KOTET's launch, the team is refocusing on group content. Our hope is that as a part of the January Producer Letter or Livestream, we will have more specific updates on what is to come. This includes all types of group content, but was a specific answer to the question of Operations.
  • We will have a whole bunch of livestreams and blogs between now and launch to go into details on many facets of the expansion.
  • Dark vs Light is intended to end with KOTET Early Access on November 29th. However, I believe the Dark vs Light part of it to decide which Companion will be awarded, will end a week or so prior to that.
  • PvP / GSF - Refer to answer above about Operations // stream in January.

-eric

I got you covered:

• What we said is that after KOTET's launch, the team is refocusing on group content. Our hope is that as a part of the January Producer Letter or Livestream, we will have more specific updates on what is to come. This includes all types of group content, but was a specific answer to the question of Operations.
  • We will have a whole bunch of livestreams and blogs between now and launch to go into details on many facets of the expansion.
  • Dark vs Light is intended to end with KOTET Early Access on November 29th. However, I believe the Dark vs Light part of it to decide which Companion will be awarded, will end a week or so prior to that.

-eric

Thanks for the great confirmation of info Eric.

Along the lines of blogs and livestreams, is there a rough timeline for when we may see blogs about the upcoming expansion? I know I am itching to learn more about the galactic command feature specifically.

Edit: saw the answer in the other post! Awesome.

Edited by azudelphi

I got you covered:

-eric

I appreciate the reply Eric. Please pass along my opinion that Uprisings being limited to 4-players, is a terrible freaking idea...we have a plethora of 4-player content right now...we didn't need more.

[*]What we said is that after KOTET's launch, the team is refocusing on group content. Our hope is that as a part of the January Producer Letter or Livestream, we will have more specific updates on what is to come. This includes all types of group content, but was a specific answer to the question of Operations.

my man

I got you covered:

-eric

at the start of KOTFE you showed us titles of first 9 chapters and stated that there will be 16..

Is KOTET will be only those 9 chapters or more ?

I appreciate the reply Eric. Please pass along my opinion that Uprisings being limited to 4-players, is a terrible freaking idea...we have a plethora of 4-player content right now...we didn't need more.

If I am interpreting Eric's reply properly, future Operations are confirmed and we will get details on the when/what in January.

I think that's what he is saying.

Edit: I'm getting tired of having to interpret communication WRT Operations. Is some *********** clear communication possible please? A live stream in January is fine but give us a clear answer now. FFS.

Edited by gabigool

If I am interpreting Eric's reply properly, future Operations are confirmed and we will get details on the when/what in January.

No, that's what he's hinting. I won't believe that they are doing new operation unless they say "Yes, we're doing new operation, it'll be released not more than x months from now"

That is the problem when people mention group content and ops in the same question, the answer is muddied. It needs to be two separate questions:

1) Will the January group content discussion include Operations?

2) Will there be any future Operations?

Edit: I'm getting tired of having to interpret communication WRT Operations. Is some *********** clear communication possible please? A live stream in January is fine but give us a clear answer now. FFS.

No, I am interpreting that as another string along, like we have been having for all that time. That we will know the future for ops and stuff in January. And then January, we'll probably get another "we are working on that content, we'll let you know in April". That's the same tactic we've had all this time. It's again not a yes, not a no, but a wait we're going to talk about it in january.

That is the problem when people mention group content and ops in the same question, the answer is muddied. It needs to be two separate questions:

1) Will the January group content discussion include Operations?

2) Will there be any future Operations?

The question isn't muddled...the answer is though, and it has been for 2-years now. They know exactly what we're asking for...they just don't want to give us an answer.

No, that's what he's hinting. I won't believe that they are doing new operation unless they say "Yes, we're doing new operation, it'll be released not more than x months from now"

You know, in most normal situations a hint would be an indicator of what is to come. But - you're probably right, and optimism is just asking to be disappointed.

We'll probably get 8-man black talon.

Edited by gabigool