AP: Lowering the cooldown on Rocket Punch

Zunayson

So, rocket punch has a 9 second cooldown. For maximum efficiency, you'd want to use rocket punch every 9 seconds until infinity.

however

Flame thrower has a 15 second cooldown, with a three seconds of channel time. For maximum efficiency, you'd want to use (and finish) flame thrower every 15 seconds until infinity.

Doing both is impossible: Here is my professionally created chart made in MS paint

Lowering the cooldown on rocket punch to 7.5 seconds will nicely align it with the 15 second rule of AP. This could be done via set bonus to AP if a 7.5 second CD would make the shieldtech talent of resetting it obsolete, or if assault were to be put over the edge (:rolleyes:) because of it.

Edited by Zunayson

So, rocket punch has a 9 second cooldown. For maximum efficiency, you'd want to use rocket punch every 9 seconds until infinity.

however

Flame thrower has a 15 second cooldown, with a three seconds of channel time. For maximum efficiency, you'd want to use (and finish) flame thrower every 15 seconds until infinity.

Doing both is impossible: Here is my professionally created chart made in MS paint

Lowering the cooldown on rocket punch to 7.5 seconds will nicely align it with the 15 second rule of AP. This could be done via set bonus to AP if a 7.5 second CD would make the shieldtech talent of resetting it obsolete, or if assault were to be put over the edge (:rolleyes:) because of it.

It's not going to happen man. Rocket punch already has a crit chance of close to 50% in PvP and does a large amount of damage and making it any lower CD would be silly IMO. It sounds like you PvE and therefore you will understand that AP is not a 15 second rotation but a 45 second rotation. with 3 mini rotations of 15. 9 x 5 (rocket punch cooldown = 45) and so does 3 x 15. So from a PvE perspective think of it as a 45 second rotation because it is one.

EDIT - unless what you are saying is that eventually flamethrower and RP will be off cooldown at the same time with 3 stacks of PFT active? Then yes I agree...that Is a bit ****. But each class probably has something similar. There is a "priority list" if this is the case and I would assume PFT takes precedence for 2 reasons - 1) longer cooldown, 2) does more damage over 2 gcds than rocket punch would do over 2gcd.

Edited by Kooziejr

however

Or...or...

You could go Pyro/Assault and be a man :cool:

prior to 2.0, we would have all said this the other way around.

Not I. I have never liked AP or Arsenal specs.

I don't care if the spec can parse 3 million, I'll never play the spec.

I was merely attempting to be humorous. Which I should know better by now.