Pvp Help

uktitan

Hello,

I am looking for a little Help i have made myself a Powertech after never playing one for 2 years so thought i would give it a go and I'm loving it. I like to pvp but I am a little confused about the Defence Mechanics of them.

I started out of Shieldtech and loved the survivability of them but I couldn't kill very much lol, So i changed to AP and I love it I do pretty well but I am a lot squishier ( I am only 26 right now) So to the point, Should i run Hegc or would it be better to run with Ion Gas cylinder for better survivability, Also *iF* i went with the IGC would I Stack Defence or Absorb or shield rating or what?

Many thanks in advance.

Well with PVP the first thing you are going to want to invest in is gear =)

In terms of what cylinder to run in it is dependent on your gear and build set up. If you are a subscriber you should be able to quickly field respec and change your build for PVP and then when you run hard modes or operations you can switch back to your PVE build.

There are some very useful things that a Shield tech has in their tree that are definitely PVP oriented skills. For example the snare on flame sweep. Very useful in pvp matches and guarding your healers.

For defensive skills you will have players argue one thing and then a patch will come out and gear/stats kind of change.

On to your question :)

When I jump in a match if I see many players guarded and many tanks I will switch to a dps stance. I am still higher armored then many players and I can manage my heat well enough that I will still be able to dish out DPS. If you jump in a match and you are the only tank, of course you will want to switch to your tanking stance. Also some stances trigger specific dots be sure to read all skills.

What is your build currently :)

Over all you will definitely want to get your pvp gear

Hello,

I am looking for a little Help i have made myself a Powertech after never playing one for 2 years so thought i would give it a go and I'm loving it. I like to pvp but I am a little confused about the Defence Mechanics of them.

I started out of Shieldtech and loved the survivability of them but I couldn't kill very much lol, So i changed to AP and I love it I do pretty well but I am a lot squishier ( I am only 26 right now) So to the point, Should i run Hegc or would it be better to run with Ion Gas cylinder for better survivability, Also *iF* i went with the IGC would I Stack Defence or Absorb or shield rating or what?

Many thanks in advance.