** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

*** IS GOING ON WITH ILUM?!

I'm not getting any credit for quest or valor whatsoever for any kills in Ilum. My server (Naddist Rebels) has a huge population of Imps and Reps and none of us are getting any credit for killing each other in Ilum.

Why do you keep messing up with Ilum? It was working perfectly yesterday!

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You, like way to many people expect to much from Bioware. You do know that only Bioware Austin is working on this project which means limited staff. With all the crying on forums about this bug and that bug and we want this and we want that, they are basically trying to find a way to give you what you want but with a limited staff. You can thank EA for this.

If i had such high expectations, i would've unsubbed weeks ago... Scratch that, i wouldn't have even bothered starting this game, there are so many problems unresolved from their beta stage (poorly done i might add) that it's just incredible. Atm i'm expecting them to... fix their crap in a reasonable time frame but not to continue screwing up with every single minor patch they release. As in "Oh, look guys, we made a terrible mistake with today's patch, how about we rollback until we fix it!". Or at least a proper testing before they release it. If that's what you call "expecting too much"... Yea... i guess... not. And stop licking their boots, they're not as understaffed as you may think. Not to mention the vast resources they have at their disposal. Like i said, i'm a SW fanboy. But you're obviously blind for the... obvious.

You are basically paying to play a Beta right now. This game was rushed to be released which dont get me wrong. This game has by far had the best launch out of all the MMO's i have played and hands down has the best lvling experience ive seen. However they should of stayed in Beta and did more endgame testing because now us the player base are having to test the content.

Is that supposed to make me feel better? Paying for beta? Awesome... And what's that "rushed to be released"? Rushed? After almost 5 years of development??? Yea... rushed... lol. Nobody argues about the release - awesome indeed, and the leveling - awesome. And then you hit endgame and endless frustration... I agree tho - we are paying for beta. Which is actually the problem...

With all this negativity and constant crying rather then giving suggestions or hell even applying to work at Bioware to fix this game. You are doing nothing but crying and quiting. Trust me i am very pissed about Ilum as i play Rep and will not be able to do this daily because Sith are camping Central. However instead of getting on the forums and crying i am going to settle with the fact that i may not get my bag today (which probably will have Commendations) and give suggestions to Bioware about what they need to do to keep this game from dieing.

I'm trying to stay positive but they just keep doing it wrong. I mean every single minor patch - a new screw up. C'mon... Can't you at least feel it when they're slapping your face with pure insults? Crying is when i come here and cry about "OMG POWERTECH SO OP NERFNERFNREFR!!1". Alas, i'm here presenting a real issue that affects everyone in quite a negative way and this is not crying - this is constructive criticism - and that's the least they deserve. Burning them with fire is more suitable but hey... I don't really have the time to take a plane and nuke them from orbit. And besides we kinda gave quite a lot of suggestions already - personally i'm tired, they're not paying me, i am paying them:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=234156

And look how well they're implementing them - by screwing up even more with a damn "minor" patch (God, help us when they release 1.2 AGAIN without proper testing)...

As for the people that grinded Battlemaster in a day... Congratz to them. They used something that Bioware did not test properly to their advantage and got a free Battlemaster title. I personally had that before the patch and didn't really care about people getting the free ranks. However that could of been avoided if they actually had a working PTR and let us the players test it.

And? BW did not intend for that to happen and did not test it properly. And? Did they do something to fix their own mistake (for which we paid literally and figuratively speaking)? No, they didn't. Just a bunch of useless copy/pasted yellow answers from a bunch of clueless on the forum boards and Twitter with empty words and promises. Why did they leave the servers online at first place when ppl were FLOODING them with youtube movies of what is happening currently? The problem was obvious for a 3 years old monkey - and they did nothing to prevent it, fix it or stop it, they just stood there and did nothing while ppl were exploiting the sh*t out of their mistake. They were receiving tons of feedback literally every single minute on forums, twitter, youtube, mails, ingame tickets - and they did absolutely NOTHING. But yea, we're asking "too much" from them and crying for no reason... Really? Yea, it could've been avoided. But it wasn't. Second time in a row counting only their patches, not the pseudo-beta they were running for months before the release without realising that most of their "testers" were just treating it as a "Free2Play" game and not doing anything about giving feedback about problems and countless bugs that are still present in the game (that's why we ended up with a product still in "beta" on the release).

How much money was pumped into this game? How much money did they get at launch? how much money can they spend on man power? Bioware step up your services you have the money!

Kid are you dumb? Bioware Austin are the only people working on this project. If you want them to have more money you better start ************ at EA and not Bioware.

"Kills in Ilum not counting towards daily/weekly PvP missions as of patch 1.1.2."

We need a BioWare response to this issue.

What's even better, now I have zero valor bonuses even when whole ilum is in our control... I have to wait for the Rep to take one area, go to it, take it , then I have 100% bonus and so on... 20 valor per kill is useless when I can make 1K3-1K7 in wz !

If I wanna go BG, and come back after, ZAM, no more buff. I'm glad I have got my R60 BM today, cause I'm sure as hell ain't gonna come back to Failum no more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Drakaris.

For every patch you have new bugs. And i am not talking small annoying bugs. I talking Error i get delogged bugs, freezes, bugged bosses, being unable to do dailies, and the list goes on.

It's obvious that BW as ZERO internal testing being done to avoid these bugs to make it to live. And let's not talk about the public test server that basicly requires you to level from 1 to 50 before you can start testing. Genious really.

TESTING bioware. TESTING.

Daily and Weekly completed after patch this morning just fine, took abotu 3 hours as the Imp population logged on and the reps phased out and a new batch logged in. I actually felt as though far more kills counted today than I have ever seen previously.

Canderous Ordo(PVE)

Kid are you dumb? Bioware Austin are the only people working on this project. If you want them to have more money you better start ************ at EA and not Bioware.

My real life work is providing an internet and voice services to hundreds of thousands of customers. Let me tell you one thing. A "customer" does not care nor should he/she care about where do i get my funding and who pays my salary. A customer cares to receive the service he's paying for and i'm obliged to provide that service with the proper quality that was promised to the customers. If i screw up the customers will cry and demand instant fixing of any problem (and trust me - if i'm not able to fix their problem in a matter of hours - i will be without a job). So it's a bit childish to go to my customers and start crying "I'm understaffed and with not enough funding". Customers.Do.Not.Care.About.My.Problems. I have to deal with them because that's what i'm getting payed for. Beginning to see a pattern here?

*** IS GOING ON WITH ILUM?!

I'm not getting any credit for quest or valor whatsoever for any kills in Ilum. My server (Naddist Rebels) has a huge population of Imps and Reps and none of us are getting any credit for killing each other in Ilum.

Why do you keep messing up with Ilum? It was working perfectly yesterday!

Not sure why everyones having issues with valor and updates from kills in Illum.

I logged in this afternoon and got my weekly done from kills. If your hiding in your base hoping that you can drag players in and one shot them for updates it doesnt count anymore and it doesnt count if the turret kills players.

These are good changes, this mean players have to come out and fight in the open.

Not sure why everyones having issues with valor and updates from kills in Illum.

I logged in this afternoon and got my weekly done from kills. If your hiding in your base hoping that you can drag players in and one shot them for updates it doesnt count anymore and it doesnt count if the turret kills players.

These are good changes, this mean players have to come out and fight in the open.

This is simply not true. People logged in 'fresh', for the 1st time in day and simply got no kills updated AT ALL. They were just stuck at 0/150.

Nice try.

Killed 30+ ppl solo. None of them counted for the quest. Killed another 20+ in ops. None of them counted, lost 2 hours for nothing. Ppl got frustrated and left. Currently Ilum 1 = 15 republics. For some idiotic reason there was a second Ilum instance with 2 (yes, two) ppl in it. Now i can't finish the daily because there are no people there. Even if there are - kills don't count. Some guildies finished the weekly in 2 hours earlier today. I did 50+ kills and i'm at 2/150... from armaments from the chests. What's the cooldown on ppl's deaths? 6-7 hours or something? Look at the bright side - there's no more 1 fps slideshow on Ilum. Because there's nobody there. And just when i thought BW can't screw up more, they prove me wrong again.

Try again.

Edited by Drakaris

This is simply not true. People logged in 'fresh', for the 1st time in day and simply got no kills updated AT ALL. They were just stuck at 0/150.

Odd I got mine done on Nightmare Lands server.

If your in your own base you wont get updates. Also your Ops group needs to have done the most dmg to that kill to get the count and you need to have contributed to the fight. Also you cannot grief the same player you need to kill other players in between.

Edited by Avindra

Thank you Bioware for the 5+ hours of pve box grinding today. Not to mention the reward for my effort... not 1 battlemaster token. usually i complete the weekly on tuesday, this will be a first i dont even bother to attempt it. Kills seemed to count once if the opposing faction member just zoned in. after that the player would not count towards credit or give valor at all. If its like this again tomorrow im going to seriously reconsider continuing my subscription :/

Odd I got mine done on Nightmare Lands server.

If your in your own base you wont get updates. Also your Ops group needs to have done the most dmg to that kill to get the count and you need to have contributed to the fight. Also you cannot grief the same player you need to kill other players in between.

Lol, obvious troll. I solo killed 3 people at central... nothing.

Edit: If you are from EU, that could be the reason you are getting credit. So, no troll I guess.

Edited by Selout

If i had such high expectations, i would've unsubbed weeks ago... Scratch that, i wouldn't have even bothered starting this game, there are so many problems unresolved from their beta stage (poorly done i might add) that it's just incredible. Atm i'm expecting them to... fix their crap in a reasonable time frame but not to continue screwing up with every single minor patch they release. As in "Oh, look guys, we made a terrible mistake with today's patch, how about we rollback until we fix it!". Or at least a proper testing before they release it. If that's what you call "expecting too much"... Yea... i guess... not. And stop licking their boots, they're not as understaffed as you may think. Not to mention the vast resources they have at their disposal. Like i said, i'm a SW fanboy. But you're obviously blind for the... obvious.

There are lots of issues... Ilum, WZ Daily, PvE encounters, FPS, ect... They do need to fix these and in a timely manner. However they do not have the whole team doing this and EA is not giving them the amount of resources you seem to think they have. As for licking there boots you have me all wrong bud. Only Bioware game i have enjoyed over the years was Mass Effect and thats the only time i will lick their boots or kiss their ***.

Is that supposed to make me feel better? Paying for beta? Awesome... And what's that "rushed to be released"? Rushed? After almost 5 years of development??? Yea... rushed... lol. Nobody argues about the release - awesome indeed, and the leveling - awesome. And then you hit endgame and endless frustration... I agree tho - we are paying for beta. Which is actually the problem...

I am not here to comfort you and make you feel good or bad. However it is the truth that we are still playing a beta version of the game. EA/Bioware should have gotten actual PvPers and PvEers to test there content while it was still "in beta" and this game could have been far better at the end game. However they didn't and so here we are.

I'm trying to stay positive but they just keep doing it wrong. I mean every single minor patch - a new screw up. C'mon... Can't you at least feel it when they're slapping your face with pure insults? Crying is when i come here and cry about "OMG POWERTECH SO OP NERFNERFNREFR!!1". Alas, i'm here presenting a real issue that affects everyone in quite a negative way and this is not crying - this is constructive criticism - and that's the least they deserve. Burning them with fire is more suitable but hey... I don't really have the time to take a plane and nuke them from orbit. And besides we kinda gave quite a lot of suggestions already - personally i'm tired, they're not paying me, i am paying them:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=234156

And look how well they're implementing them - by screwing up even more with a damn "minor" patch (God, help us when they release 1.2 AGAIN without proper testing)...

They do keep screwing up patches. However like i have been saying for a month now is that before anything gets released they need to test it on the PTR. However no one wants to re-lvl on the PTR so we are going to constantly have these type of patches. I really wish they could get there crap together but i am being nice and trying to help them out.

And? BW did not intend for that to happen and did not test it properly. And? Did they do something to fix their own mistake (for which we paid literally and figuratively speaking)? No, they didn't. Just a bunch of useless copy/pasted yellow answers from a bunch of clueless on the forum boards and Twitter with empty words and promises. Why did they leave the servers online at first place when ppl were FLOODING them with youtube movies of what is happening currently? The problem was obvious for a 3 years old monkey - and they did nothing to prevent it, fix it or stop it, they just stood there and did nothing while ppl were exploiting the sh*t out of their mistake. They were receiving tons of feedback literally every single minute on forums, twitter, youtube, mails, ingame tickets - and they did absolutely NOTHING. But yea, we're asking "too much" from them and crying for no reason... Really? Yea, it could've been avoided. But it wasn't. Second time in a row counting only their patches, not the pseudo-beta they were running for months before the release without realising that most of their "testers" were just treating it as a "Free2Play" game and not doing anything about giving feedback about problems and countless bugs that are still present in the game (that's why we ended up with a product still in "beta" on the release).

They screwed up with the patch and punishing people for there mistake is something EVERY MMO has done. Look at WoW... They have banned so many high end guilds for exploiting something they were told about in a PTR testing phase, or the PvPers that used MMR exploits to get R1. So yes they took forever to fix something but you should be used to that type of stuff by now. Right now with Ilum on my server as a Rep i cant go out there and i have accepted this. Do i like it? **** no. Does it make me want to rage quit? Not really. There are a lot of issues that need to be fixed but until EA gives Bioware Austin the money/resources and there is a working PTR where the players can test patches we can expect to see more bugs in the future and them taking forever to get fixed.

Lol, obvious troll. I solo killed 3 people at central... nothing.

I got all my updates fine, all 150. Not sure why you didnt get them at mid. Maybe players have a cut off for giving valor after a certain amount of deaths in a period of time.

I imagine most players complaining in this thread are republic base instakill exploiters though.

I got all my updates fine, all 150. Not sure why you didnt get them at mid. Maybe players have a cut off for giving valor after a certain amount of deaths in a period of time.

I imagine most players complaining in this thread are republic base instakill exploiters though.

WRONG AGAIN SONNY. Thanks for your horrible contribution to this topic though. I know for a fact that no one is getting kills to count or valor for Kinarth Spider Server.

My real life work is providing an internet and voice services to hundreds of thousands of customers. Let me tell you one thing. A "customer" does not care nor should he/she care about where do i get my funding and who pays my salary. A customer cares to receive the service he's paying for and i'm obliged to provide that service with the proper quality that was promised to the customers. If i screw up the customers will cry and demand instant fixing of any problem (and trust me - if i'm not able to fix their problem in a matter of hours - i will be without a job). So it's a bit childish to go to my customers and start crying "I'm understaffed and with not enough funding". Customers.Do.Not.Care.About.My.Problems. I have to deal with them because that's what i'm getting payed for. Beginning to see a pattern here?

You and many others have been delt with. However making claims and demanding something wont get you anywhere. There is a yellow post saying the issue was being looked into but thats not good enough for most people so they keep posting and posting and making claim after claim. If you work providing customers service then you should know that some people with call multiple times a day with the same issue even after you have told the person what to do to fix the issue or you told them you would look into it.

I understand people dont care and those people also are narrow minded and need to chill.

Naa we have really epic fair battles on my server, its totally broken right now

~ Hedarr Soongh

WRONG AGAIN SONNY. Thanks for your horrible contribution to this topic though. I know for a fact that no one is getting kills to count or valor for Kinarth Spider Server.

You are clearly trolling. All my guild got our updates within half an hour. So you dont know anything for a fact.

I find it kind of amusing that with every attempt BioWare Dev's make to correct a failure on their part all they end up doing is creating an even larger cluster f**k. I mean how hard is it to give Ilum some proper objectives and rewards.

Make the PvP Part of Ilum a large warzone on a Queue with a set number of slots per hour with a purpose. Lets say for example Capturing all 5 bases first wins and have a valor reward for the Win and Small reward for a loss. Instead of making it 30 kills/Armaments make it 3 Ilum wins a daily/9 Ilum wins a week that way it stops ppl sitting in there valor farming. The area wont be overrun by one particular faction and it would give more incentive to players if you actually got something for doing it as opposed to oh gotta go collect 30 armaments a day, oh i'm done now ill leave.

What an utter waste of an entire zone. Why would you punish a large part of the SWTOR community for what a small number of inbred low life's did. Why not roll them back to valor 1? I mean it's only fair. Also you would think that allowing players to die in Iilum and then to type /stuck to have them return instantly to where they died is an exploit and a half.

I mean the bottom line is this, if Bioware is trying to break PvP more than what it already is then go ahead and make changes before asking those who pay to play what they think. I mean if you don't that is your prerogative but at the end of the day we the people vote with our wallets. It wouldn't be that big a deal considering Guild Wars 2 is on the way as is Tera.

Edited by urdmyz