Current Bugs with PVP in SWTOR

boulderbrian

There are many bugs right now that are making top end pvp very frustrating. My goal is to get a list of the key issues so that the devs can quickly fix these problems. I will start the list with the biggest three issues I can think of.

1. Warzone LAG. The server lag is just terrible right now and the frequent maintenance does not seem to help. These lag spikes are server based (not user side) and occur pretty frequently throughout the day. They usually last 10-15 seconds and seem to be occurring when you are in a wz. I am not sure of the exact cause but it seems that this occurs when another instance of the same wz starts or finishes (so you are in huttball and another huttball game starts while yours is in progress). This lag seems to have become very frequent since the launch of 1.3.

2. Global Cooldown Bugs. This issue has been going on since launch, has become much less frequent, but still occurs. What happens is you will hit an ability, when your global cool down is ready, and the cooldown will activate but the ability does not occur. So you just lost 1.5 secs of action, which in rateds or 1v1 can kill you. Usually the animation for the action you hit will go through but no damage occurs and the cd for that ability is not triggered, just the gcd. This is especially annoying for a marauder on ravage, I will sit there and start the animation for ravage, realize that its cd has not activated and I am not doing any damage. I have to cancel the animation by moving, wait for the gcd to reset, and then hit the action again.

3. Broken Rated Warzone Queues. This seems to be occurring at least once a day for my group, today it was horrendous and motivated me to start this thread. You will be queued with a full group, there will be another full group queued up, and the queue will not pop while both sides just sit there. We waited in queue for 1hr 15min before we gave up, and we know that other teams were getting in and out of rated warzones. At the end, there was another team that we were trying to simul queue with and both of us sat there queued waiting for 15min before both teams gave up.

One thing I forgot to list, that is not a bug but just developer oversight, players should be able to reconnect to a RWZ if they are removed from the warzone. We usually get at least one game a day where one players game crashes, gets a stun in spawn bug, or some other issue that kicks him from the wz. This member should be able to reconnect to the warzone.

These things definitely need to be addressed, fast and bad. The WZ, and interface lag issues were actually present before 1.3, but diminished, I believe, as server pops decreased. However, I believe the mass exodus was partly a direct result of the lag issues. Now that we're all on overpop servers, the issues are back. I'm afraid that, because of this, we may end up seeing another fairly large chunk of people leave.

I'm beginning to feel like these threads, which make light of some of these issues, are beating a dead horse. I feel like some of these, what I feel to be, major problems will never be fully fixed. Let's hope I'm wrong.

The WZ lag has gotten worse even though the last patch claims to have fixed it, and spawning as a corpse and not being able to do anything sucks too. I've had the GCD issue a couple times, it's when the client-server has a hiccup, you cast an ability and it starts a cooldown but nothing goes off.

There's another bug and I've been abusing the **** out of it, cast and immediately activate another ability at the end of the GCD without a another GCD cooldown, it makes a huge difference in burst damage or healing- which explains why some particular powertechs and sorcs take your health down faster than normal. I highly doubt it'll be fixed for a long time.

Edited by Sookster

Queues where playing up on the weekend, i did notice this... We had a group of 4 queued for over an hour and nothing popped for us. This wasnt an issue with people not pvping it was just bugged.

Also friday night Rated queues took ages, we had 2 groups queue up at the same time and it took over 20min to pop. we didnt play anyone else in that time but it took 20min for us to play our second team.

If the lag is server based, then we should all be seeing it, yes?

I've been playing anywhere from 10-20 warzones a day for the last 2-4 weeks, and I haven't experienced it. The only time I had lag was due to my own connectivity issues, when I was playing via mobile 4g connection.

And this is likely related to your action not occurring bug. Actions aren't "real" until submitted and accepted.by the server.

The lag is definitely server based because we will be in a rated warzone, talking to each other on team speak, and everyone experiences the lag at the same time, even the other team comments in /say about the lag. It may not be the entire server per say, but it is definitely instance based. It occurs only in warzones for me (I don't do pve so cannot comment on those instances).

The lag is definitely server based because we will be in a rated warzone, talking to each other on team speak, and everyone experiences the lag at the same time, even the other team comments in /say about the lag. It may not be the entire server per say, but it is definitely instance based. It occurs only in warzones for me (I don't do pve so cannot comment on those instances).

Yep just locks up and no one can do anything. A lot of times you will see people loading into a new game in the center of the map. Especially in huttball and novare. So it's from another game being created.

I havent done pve in a while, but right after server transfers it was a nightmare trying to do denova in a full instance. Super laggy until we switched to an emptier one.

The lag isnt even just warzone based. I have had the same thing happen in fps where everyone freezes for a few seconds and then we all die or come close to. So it is definitely server lag.

I agree there should be a way to reconnect to a ranked warzone.

If you know there are two or more teams in queue for ranked and the queue is not popping please submit an in game ticket with specifics of who was queued and for how long before you gave up. This is not the first time I am hearing this issue. I know I have sat in queue for over an hour before, but I never checked if anyone else was queued. If this is happening, bioware needs the specifics so they can be better able to understand why this is happening.

Another issue we had last night is that when we loaded into civil war, the game started and one of our players could not click on any of the speeders. He reloaded his UI, tried alt tabbing and coming back to the game, and none of this worked. Because of the deserter debuff he was booted from the warzone, lost 20 rating on a night where we were getting 2-4 rating per game, and he rage quit for the night because of all these bugs.

A simple solution bioware should implement to help not punish players for the bugs in rated warzones could be to remove the deserter debuff in rated warzones only. Hence when people get one of the many bugs that makes you unable to leave the spawn area, the team still plays down a player but at least the player isn't punished if his team wins. This of course isn't a final solution for these bugs, they need to be fixed, but this seems like something that could be easily and quickly implemented to reduce the effects of these bugs (we win most of the games where we have these bugs that put us down 7v8).

I semi-regularly respawn still in combat. So last night I watched my GUI closely while wz-ing, and I have noticed something with the trauma effect. From what I understand, you acquire trauma after exiting combat. You can see the little trauma icon above your health bar and you can watch the effect highlight on the icon drain, similar to a DoT. My first question is, does trauma hold you in combat? I am noticing that after I respawn in a warzone, my character remains in the in-combat state. So my speed is reduced and I am unable use certain abilities (grabbing the speeder off the drop ship in civil war for example). Additionally, sometimes my trauma resets. After respawning I can see the trauma icon, and I am still "in-combat". Shortly the effect beings to drain, but I've watched the effect highlight refill the trauma icon in my GUI, and I remain (and even sometimes put back into) the in-combat state. Has anyone else had this problem?

I semi-regularly respawn still in combat. So last night I watched my GUI closely while wz-ing, and I have noticed something with the trauma effect. From what I understand, you acquire trauma after exiting combat. You can see the little trauma icon above your health bar and you can watch the effect highlight on the icon drain, similar to a DoT. My first question is, does trauma hold you in combat? I am noticing that after I respawn in a warzone, my character remains in the in-combat state. So my speed is reduced and I am unable use certain abilities (grabbing the speeder off the drop ship in civil war for example). Additionally, sometimes my trauma resets. After respawning I can see the trauma icon, and I am still "in-combat". Shortly the effect beings to drain, but I've watched the effect highlight refill the trauma icon in my GUI, and I remain (and even sometimes put back into) the in-combat state. Has anyone else had this problem?

Yea I have complained about this and was told the problem is my computer every single time.

Yet when everyone in the War Zone says the same thing BioWare responds that we all have bad connections.

If the lag is server based, then we should all be seeing it, yes?

I've been playing anywhere from 10-20 warzones a day for the last 2-4 weeks, and I haven't experienced it. The only time I had lag was due to my own connectivity issues, when I was playing via mobile 4g connection.

And this is likely related to your action not occurring bug. Actions aren't "real" until submitted and accepted.by the server.

All I can say is, most of the time, when I get these lag spikes, I ask in ops chat if anyone else experienced it. I do this because, I have had issues with my router before that caused lag spikes. I'd say 8/10 times, most of the other people will have experienced it too. I've even seen plenty of people give very specific details, like "Yeah, I had lag right after we planted the bomb on the second door.". A good portion of the time, I'll also see people saying stuff in the general chat about it.

It honestly doesn't surprise me that some people don't experience these problems, though. Sometimes, that's just how these things work. It just doesn't happen to some people, until it does.

Edited by Sizzle-Chest

I wish that Bioware would give us some acknowledgement that they know about these bugs and are working quickly to fix them. A lot of skilled players have already quit this game because of the debacle with rated wzs in 1.2, the long period of dead servers, and the bugs early in the game. A lot of players in my guild right now, one of the top rated pvp guilds on my server, are thinking of quitting this game because these bugs just ruin the fun. To keep this important player base (rateds mean nothing if all the skilled players quit the game), Bioware needs to do a better job at communicating with its subscribers so that we know they are working to fix these specific errors that are driving us crazy. (yes they have acknowledged the lag issues, but they have not mentioned the other two equally important problems)

Has anyone else experienced the perma-knockdown bug? Where your character is knocked down from a hidden strike/knockback and you are locked in that animation until you are killed? I found it particularly annoying after it occured to me several times in the same game of huttball last night...

- Spawning and still in combat or not in full health, even dotted sometimes

- Sniper/GS: In Voidstar spawning in cover-animation when second round starts if you have been in cover when first round ends. You are not actually in cover when this happens, just in crouched position and gliding on the floor. Can't use but handful of skills and can't use cover. Sometimes dying fixes it, sometimes not. Been around for ages, haven't been solved.

- Sniper/GS: Using Hunker Down/Entrench sometimes (and often enough to be really annoying) doesn't give you cc immunity. In fact I have had every stun, mezz and kb in game bypass the cc immunity after the buff has been active for several seconds (i.e over 4 secs). Might still be related to the GCD bugging or lag, but it's weird that nothing else get's affected and my skill is on cd. Has been around for a long time and hasn't been fixed. This bug might also exist in pve, but since mobs rarely use cc and you rarely use the buff in pve, it's hard to tell.

- Perma stun. I think you are actually stuck in stun-animation rather than being perma stunned. When this has happened to me (and i have screens with chat time stamps to prove that I've have been stunned for over 20secs

before getting killed by some random passer by [the stun itself has not ended]) I have eventually:

- Spawning as dead or just can't move after spawn. Like the bug above, I think you are stuck in the animation. This results in you being removed from wz.

* All of the above have happened to me dozens of times (except perma stun, which is hard to detect since you usually die before you can reliably say that you were permanently stunned) and I have seen them happening to others countless times. I would not report these if they were isolated incidents.

Edited by Krystaf