Soooooo many muraders and sents in warzones now

Individual

Lets also not forget PT's alsi have ranged abilities and do not get into the thick of things all the time like a Warrior does as well. PT's are more Mid-Ranged while Warriors are Melee getting hit with all the AOE the PT's put out....:D

Don't get me wrong..I don't want nerfs on either class as neither are OP at all...my main is a deception assassin.

That's all well and fine except that only one of the Warrior/Knight ACs get such powerful defensive cooldowns. If you want to DPS on the other AC, be prepared to deal less damage and to have worse survivability. So this argument about being in the thick of things is pretty fallacious.

Edited by Siorac

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My Gunslinger destroys marauders. If you make them weaker...well, ok. I kinda think any nerf to them destroys the class. They are already super squishy except for 5 seconds.

I dont understand how 5 seconds of invulnerability is OP. Its gonna wear off. You can stun them...I just dont comprehend how they are OP.

Powertech vanguard on the other hand. Is kinda OP, not very, but kinda.

Their in no way op. All their powers are ment for killing you asap on an 1v1 scenario. So yeah they should well damn well hurt you in a 1v1 scenario, anything beyond 1v1 they gona need backup. And you can chopchop healing op/sco all you want with your mar/sen, op/sco aint gona die no matter how much dps you dish out. Nerfing mar/sen would make the class usseles sinds the only thing they can do atm is herass the enemy team and disptach them 1 by 1 quikly.

And yes I play as a mar.......... but also a vangaurd which btw can tank fairely even with recruitgear. As a mar/sen you need to pick your fights, you can't just leap into a groupfight and expect to survive.

this is patently wrong. they have a slew of defensive CDs that makes them far superior to any "glass cannon." I have no problem whatsoever with the tremendous dps that sents/mara's can put out (when played skillfully), but their survivability is off the charts compared to other big time dps dealers. for starters, they have two - TWO - defensive bubbles, one of which has no place on a pure dps class. guarded by the force (forget the mara name) is something normally designed for tanks to buy time for their healer. giving one of the two most devastating dps classes (van/pt assault/pyro being the other) a 6s god bubble breaks the scale. heavy vs. medium armor means nothing in a WZ. 99% dmg reduction for 6s...you could take your time and walk through fire in the hb. I haven't even mentioned the vanish ability - someone will have to explain how that even makes sense on a jk/war to begin with. all THREE of those abils though? and a party heal or raid speed boost (depending on spec tree)? OP doesn't mean you never die. but you're living in denial if you think a mara/sent's survivability-to-dps + utility are even remotely balanced with any other "pure dps" spec in the game.

probably plays a Sentinel/Mara :p

I don't think nerfing classes is the answer, and is never popular with the customers I think, personally.. start buffing 'other' classes this should help with what ever problems there is, as long as the buff's help classes in a way to deal with OP classes in a manageable way with out being OP itself.

For the record, I do have one, but I don't like playing it. I perfer my sniper and bh. I'm more of a range guy vs melee guy. For the record too, I don't like nerfs either. I like seeing buffs to the other classes instead.

2 cents....

Marauder having a 99% Immunity, and their tank counterpart doesnt...Very odd.

Second the "standard Mara" Is managable for Most classes..Besides Merc. PT/Pyro completely off the charts OP for Burst.... 5 to 7 button kills all around.

I can tell right here that you don't play on the Fatman server or at least not that often. Mara's and Sents are everywhere.

my experience on Farman is different, and I am one of those sentinels. Not really seeing a lot of them compared to other classes. I'm seeing about the same number of guardians as sents. But this is late night, so my experience may be skewed.

I can tell right here that you don't play on the Fatman server or at least not that often. Mara's and Sents are everywhere. Also, before you say anything else, I'm not advocating for or against a nerf in this post. They're fairly easy when I'm on my Assassin, but a pain when I'm on my sniper.

EDIT: Ok, there is one nerf I think they should get.. Their stealth is on a 45 sec CD compared to my 2 min CD. I think their stealth should be on at least 1 1/2 min CD.

Yea for a class that hits harder then a Stealth Class they can vanish more often then Stealth class.

Tbf most of the fotm maras hav moved onto Pt already i will be rolling one soon myself as am sick to the back teeth of my scoundrel getting nerfed 3.5k shoot first is a joke and thats a crit so in a few weeks all hail vanguard or pt lol