Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Halinalle
02.27.2015 , 12:11 PM | #5971
Quote: Originally Posted by BobFredJohn View Post
tank: "yeah, but why not just stand in the right places" He then runs towards the path that is required if the shortcut isnt avaiable and says "dps stand this side. The then runs to the base of the cliff you jump down when taking the shortcut and says "healer stands here".
I thought that only additional thing to first boss is requirement for cleanse (unless healer wants something to heal).

CaptMurphy
02.27.2015 , 01:05 PM | #5972
Not really a specific story, but recently I've been seeing more "healers" in my tacticals who don't heal. I'm assuming they spec as a healer to get a quicker pop but then do nothing but dps except when they're topping their own HP's off while ignoring the rest of the group. At first I was like "Hey, two healers?!? Great, I can just sit there and burn bosses." Yeah, not so much. In fact, I find myself using the med stations just as much as I would with a 4 dps team.

Trouble is, they always seem to come in pairs which makes it hell for actual dps because the "healer's" dps is next to useless when compared to a native spec dps. What's worse is despite the fact that they're clearly not pulling aggro due to their low numbers, they're also the ones who refuse to run to the med station to help the sniper being torn to pieces (mostly because they're busy topping off their 10% hp loss). It's to the point where it's almost a guarantee I'll be knocked off the ledge in the Tos/Valk fight because they're both going after me when I'm rolling over to the med station.

TheRampage
02.27.2015 , 01:42 PM | #5973
I usually don't care about gear since it isn't that much relevant, if you know how to play your char you can still pull our weight, but some of new HMs are rather hard with tight dps check. Recently, I've started to see bunch of new players with health pool from 35k to 45k entering hard modes. Using even wrong attacks (armor piercing cell and spaming charged bolts ), probably no rotation at all.

First time I've seen extermination missiles on droid boss in Koriban, wasn't nice
Raph‚el - Not Good Enough

TheRampage
02.27.2015 , 01:51 PM | #5974
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptMurphy View Post
Not really a specific story, but recently I've been seeing more "healers" in my tacticals who don't heal. I'm assuming they spec as a healer to get a quicker pop but then do nothing but dps except when they're topping their own HP's off while ignoring the rest of the group. At first I was like "Hey, two healers?!? Great, I can just sit there and burn bosses." Yeah, not so much. In fact, I find myself using the med stations just as much as I would with a 4 dps team.
This happens to my sage all the time when I quee on him, game automatically clicks healer/dps spot and they are probably lazy to remove it since it is tactical
Raph‚el - Not Good Enough

BobFredJohn
02.27.2015 , 01:52 PM | #5975
Not really a specific story, but recently I've been seeing more "healers" in my tacticals who don't heal.
I just had a run like that, but I was the healer...

I was on my 53 merc healer, got a pop for Battle of ilum SM. Group is 50 op dps, 50 jugg dps and 52 jugg tank. I notice the jugg dps is in soresu form, I ask him about it and he says he is actually a tank, and he is happy to 2-tank it. Well w/e battle of ilum is easy anyway.

So we get started and first fight, op dps pulls. then they pull again, then they start chain pulling ahead of the group throughout the whole mission, preiodically stealthing out when they get low, heal themselves up then carry on. This results in the tanks not getting a chance to generate aggro properly and the op cant be bothered to control aggro, so I end up face tanking.

So this group has become;
dps1: chain pulling ahead of the tank
dps2: tank spec and stance using taunts on CD
tank: pretty much being carried
healer (me): facetanking

I eventually get fed up and say "are we going to bother with roles or just do our own thing?". I get no answer so I decide I have had enough of face tanking in a mission with 2 tanks and a dps who pulls first so I will just dps. This goes pretty much fine. I kill standards in 1 unload, strongs in a stick explosive, rail shot and rapid shot and the other 3 in the group have gold fever so this actually works quite well.

However without me healing, and with the 2 tanks not doing much the person who pulls (the op) ends up holding a chunk of aggro. They usually stealth out when in trouble but this time they dont (perhaps it was on CD or something) and die. Suddenly I get a tirade of abuse about how crap I am at healing, to which I respond:

"oh, so we have a dps chain pulling ahead of the tank, another dps maintanking and a tank offtanking, with a healer facetanking everything that all 3 of you ignore, which all but 1 enemy. Yet when the healer stops healing you start moaning about roles?"

The op tells me to f-off then goes quiet. We complete the mission with hardly any difficulties (I have always though battle of ilum is too easy). I say my goodbyes and pop the op on my ignore.
Teach me not what to think, but how to think

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. People are also entitled to ridicule your opinion if it is BS.

Pirana
02.27.2015 , 02:54 PM | #5976

Tacticals don't use the standard trinity. It's whoever queues up to fill the four spots, could be all tanks for that matter. Of course if this happens in a HM, then there's an issue.

Trouble is, they always seem to come in pairs which makes it hell for actual dps because the "healer's" dps is next to useless when compared to a native spec dps. What's worse is despite the fact that they're clearly not pulling aggro due to their low numbers, they're also the ones who refuse to run to the med station to help the sniper being torn to pieces (mostly because they're busy topping off their 10% hp loss). It's to the point where it's almost a guarantee I'll be knocked off the ledge in the Tos/Valk fight because they're both going after me when I'm rolling over to the med station.
I know when I queue up one of my healers (I only play tanks and healers) for a Tactical, I'm gonna dps as much as possible. I'll certainly keep the group healed as needed though, including the use of the heal nodes, so I can dps that much more.

I've run into the issue you're referring to a number of times on my tank. I'm taking the bulk of the damage, all the while the rest of the group does nothing to help out in regards to hitting a heal node, so I run over there myself.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

Halinalle
02.28.2015 , 12:04 AM | #5977
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRampage View Post
players with health pool from 35k to 45k entering hard modes.
Is 45k somewhow some magical number? If you're way over it then you're geared?

For DPS, 45k is as high as you can get your HP in vendor 186 (read: lettered, high end enhancements!), crafted 186 implants/relics. Only tanks can get higher HP than that with 186.

babanathie
02.28.2015 , 01:40 AM | #5978

I'm a pure healer, and I will usually DPS during a tactical. Why? My healing doesn't matter in a tactical. Earlier today, I attempted to keep others topped off on health; playing a commando healer and was too lazy to redo my operation/HMFP hotbar for a more balanced hotbar. What happens? After, key word after, I topped everyone off, one of the three DPS decides to run all the way over to the medical station and clicks it. AFTER being topped off on health... Did I mention that? And it wasn't one of those, "click the station" a second after my healing routine. There was a significant amount of time between topping him off and the click. He had to run from the center of the room to outer part of the room to click it. Healing and tanking is completely irrelevant in tacticals. I suspect that most healers want to feel relevant and will DPS instead of worrying about other players' health, who often don't appreciate the healer or tank when they are essential. If you need healing during a tactical, just click the station. On average, there's going to be one idiot that will click it whether it is necessary or not. So what's the point of me healing someone?

AlrikFassbauer
02.28.2015 , 09:10 AM | #5979
They could have checked repair costs, too.
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

AbsolutGrndZero
02.28.2015 , 07:04 PM | #5980
Quote: Originally Posted by babanathie View Post
I'm a pure healer, and I will usually DPS during a tactical. Why? My healing doesn't matter in a tactical. Earlier today, I attempted to keep others topped off on health; playing a commando healer and was too lazy to redo my operation/HMFP hotbar for a more balanced hotbar. What happens? After, key word after, I topped everyone off, one of the three DPS decides to run all the way over to the medical station and clicks it. AFTER being topped off on health... Did I mention that? And it wasn't one of those, "click the station" a second after my healing routine. There was a significant amount of time between topping him off and the click. He had to run from the center of the room to outer part of the room to click it. Healing and tanking is completely irrelevant in tacticals. I suspect that most healers want to feel relevant and will DPS instead of worrying about other players' health, who often don't appreciate the healer or tank when they are essential. If you need healing during a tactical, just click the station. On average, there's going to be one idiot that will click it whether it is necessary or not. So what's the point of me healing someone?
I've had people yell at my sage for healing and not dpsing enough. Like I should respec to DPS and completely redo my bar every time I want to do a tactical. I was keeping them all alive without using the healing stations (but my heals sucked...) and they were threatening to to kick me if I didn't dps more and not heal... like at all.

Actually I think it's kind of weird now that I think about it... why are they called Tactical? Where are the tactics? Tanks, heals, DPS, these are tactics. Just running around facerolling with everyone DPS oh and click the healing stations on bosses.. Where is the tactics?
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain