Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

InAMirrorDarkly
02.16.2015 , 03:54 PM | #5891
Did Black Talon for the first time the other day. Our party consisted of 1 Imperial Agent and 3 Bounty Hunters. All 3 BHs were Male Body Type 3 Rattataki. It was weird. I was one of theBHs and half the time I couldn't tell if I was the one talking in the cutscenes or not.

josephinec
02.16.2015 , 04:57 PM | #5892
I think I was one of the weird people in group finder. Tried to do Athiss with my Guardian and I think I needed to be more aggressive with my taunts. Not tanking like I should have been. So I screwed up, but I have more taunts now at level 20, so I'll tried doing it again soon.

That being said, one of the Sentinels in my group kept nagging me about how crappy my armor is. Currently she's wearing a drop from a Justicar thug, pants and boots from a Hammer Station drop, and some sort of belt(I forget what). I politely explained to her that the hypercrate of the Apprentice's Shadow Pack I bought only gave me the boots of the armor I wanted( Revanite Vindicator). I added that I have to watch my money as far as buying stuff in the Cartel Market is concerned. She said she'd help me get better armor, but she never followed through. In fact, she's the one that kicked me out of the group.
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Vaylin deserved better.

Cox_The_Beast
02.16.2015 , 07:30 PM | #5893
Finally got my KDY achievements to 100% today, good riddance. Reputation was capped ages ago. No more KDY for me for a loooong time.

I had to run a few for it, though, damn the random final boss.
Three, to be more accurate. Quite interesting ones, actually. I used my Focus Guardian all three times. She's 35 now, after those 3 KDY. Started at 32, but I quested and finished Tatooine aswell, so... Yeah.

First KDY, team was me, a lvl 39 Guardian Tank, 45 Combat Sent, 20-something Concentration (I think that's hte name? Focus equivalent ) Sent. We got through it with little trouble, though the 3 DPS were tanking more than our Tank... Except for the target he tunnelvisioned - always a Silver, for some reason - everything else was on us 3.
Final boss was the Sith - I needed the Trooper, of course... Still, we got it, so np.

Second run, 4 DPS. Me, a Sharpshooter Gunslinger, a Serenity Shadow and an Assault Commando. Can't remember the levels, but I think all in the 30s. We burned things really fast, and got the Sith Boss the second time in a row.

Third and final time, again 4 DPS. Me, another Focus Guardian, lvl 42, a Vanguard Tank - ranged model, don't ask me why - at about 23-24, and another Gunslinger, can't remember the spec nor the level.
We had a bit more trouble there, for obviously the Tank playing ranged made our work as DPS trying to survive a lot harder. I died 3 times to keep the others alive. The other Guardian thanked me for saving her (female char) twice. The Tank was apparently in a rush, so he charged at mobs without resting, and chainpulled a few times. That is, unless he was below 20% health. Yet, he never died, unlike us DPS!
At any rate, finally, we get to the final boss, and it's the Trooper!
But hte Gunslinger is nowhere to be seen, and he's not afk. He's on fleet...
We call him a few times but the Tank pulls, so we 3 man it. Us 2 Guardians manage to wipe the floor with the adds, and to actually DPS the boss down in a reasonable amount of time. Of course, while juggling threat between us...
Still, finally, we get the boss down, and I get the final achievement! KDY 100%! Not gonna run it again soon, if I can help it. Unless I badly need Basic Comms, that is.
"Saviour, conqueror, hero, villain. You were all these things, Revan... and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
Darth Malak to Revan on the Leviathan.

josephinec
02.16.2015 , 07:59 PM | #5894
Not really weird, but a recent run through Hammer Station with my Scoundrel was the first group that didn't have one Force user in the group. It was me, another smuggler( can't remember if he was another Scoundrel or a gunslinger) and two troopers.
Click here so we all get nice things: http://www.swtor.com/r/yLqcYJ
#ThanksBioware
Vaylin deserved better.

Pietrastor
02.16.2015 , 09:21 PM | #5895
Quote: Originally Posted by InAMirrorDarkly View Post
Did Black Talon for the first time the other day. Our party consisted of 1 Imperial Agent and 3 Bounty Hunters. All 3 BHs were Male Body Type 3 Rattataki. It was weird. I was one of theBHs and half the time I couldn't tell if I was the one talking in the cutscenes or not.
I did a late-night Manaan tactical PUG once. When we reached the first cutscene and had a clear shot at everyone's "outfits", we had a good laugh how the entire group clearly hated the idea of wearing clothes (skimpy gear galore), both male and female characters. The late time of the FP was only more fitting

Aresnar
02.17.2015 , 12:22 AM | #5896
Considering all the stories I have read on this thread what I am writing now might come across as unbelievably weird:

My highest char is as of yesterday a level 59, I have leveled him from the mid-thirties almost exclusively using KDY, PvP and GSF. KDY stopped popping somewhere in the mid-fifties. So I had to switch over to other FP's on Group Finder...

Now comes the wierd part, at the start of every instance, I informed my group that it was my first time there and I was probably under-geared for it despite my level (KDY grants comms but not gear exactly the best gear. I did make sure to buy what Comm gear I could though.)

Not once did anyone insult me or call me a noob or etc. They generally provided polite instructions and didn't mind that I needed plenty on gear even for my comp. In return I did my best to pay attention to what was going on, didn't do anything stupid and provided the best performance I could (To be honest in at least one or two instances I got the feeling that the rest could have 3 manned it without any serious trouble.) and made certain that any gear I took I actually needed.

Came out of it with a couple of new people on my friends list.

Considering everything I have read in this thread, my experience must downright mind boggling.

Fidelicatessen
02.17.2015 , 05:12 AM | #5897
Quote: Originally Posted by josephinec View Post
I think I was one of the weird people in group finder. Tried to do Athiss with my Guardian and I think I needed to be more aggressive with my taunts. Not tanking like I should have been. So I screwed up, but I have more taunts now at level 20, so I'll tried doing it again soon.

That being said, one of the Sentinels in my group kept nagging me about how crappy my armor is. Currently she's wearing a drop from a Justicar thug, pants and boots from a Hammer Station drop, and some sort of belt(I forget what). I politely explained to her that the hypercrate of the Apprentice's Shadow Pack I bought only gave me the boots of the armor I wanted( Revanite Vindicator). I added that I have to watch my money as far as buying stuff in the Cartel Market is concerned. She said she'd help me get better armor, but she never followed through. In fact, she's the one that kicked me out of the group.
You don't need GTN or Cartel Market gear to have good gear: comm gear is fine (so long as it's reasonably up-to-date), and though taunts are nice, they should not be your staple for holding agro. You have certain attacks that generate huge amounts of threat. Taunt is there for fluffing agro or emergency use. I recommend reading a tank guide on the Guardian forum before trying to run more group content as a tank (or you can just PM one of us tanks, though a guide might be faster).

Sotmax
02.17.2015 , 05:38 AM | #5898
Quote: Originally Posted by Cox_The_Beast View Post
That instant kick vote may have been a bit too fast, imo, but honestly, it's your fault too.

You can't Tank without switching spec and gear, especially in a HM FP lvl 60. Your rotation, with Clarvoyance Strike included, clearly shows you didn't change spec. That alone is enough to say you were not tanking properly. It may sound elitist, but that's how it is.

I for one don't have field respec, so if I find myself in that kind of situation I simply don't offer to change spec. If I am asked to, I tell the others I can't.

That said, I'm always up to help compensating for lack of experience of others, throwing an offheal or taunting off for a few secs, depending on my char atm. But never without speaking first, and always with the others' consent.
As i said we was 2 healers and 2 dps and no tank. I just accept to be a tank just for attracting agro on me and nothing else. I wasn't meant to be a tank at first place. I just want to leave dps to make his job while i getting agro with the elite or boss with mind maze and do some damage the same time. It was a flashpoint not a programmable ops so it was a pug. They talk to me and agree to be a tank cause i like running a little.But from the other hand the elite goes down really quick as i made some damage at first place and we have to keep in mind that if a dps with light armor agree to be a tank, he must be protected especially on those levels.
As you said they could clear it out and change roles with no problem.
Again was a single fp that took 20 mins to finish it.
Pressing Random buttons Since Beta
Jarrvis // Memrros
*TRE*

Sotmax
02.17.2015 , 05:43 AM | #5899
Quote: Originally Posted by Aresnar View Post
Considering all the stories I have read on this thread what I am writing now might come across as unbelievably weird:

My highest char is as of yesterday a level 59, I have leveled him from the mid-thirties almost exclusively using KDY, PvP and GSF. KDY stopped popping somewhere in the mid-fifties. So I had to switch over to other FP's on Group Finder...

Now comes the wierd part, at the start of every instance, I informed my group that it was my first time there and I was probably under-geared for it despite my level (KDY grants comms but not gear exactly the best gear. I did make sure to buy what Comm gear I could though.)

Not once did anyone insult me or call me a noob or etc. They generally provided polite instructions and didn't mind that I needed plenty on gear even for my comp. In return I did my best to pay attention to what was going on, didn't do anything stupid and provided the best performance I could (To be honest in at least one or two instances I got the feeling that the rest could have 3 manned it without any serious trouble.) and made certain that any gear I took I actually needed.

Considering everything I have read in this thread, my experience must downright mind boggling.
We found weird but also good ppl in there
Pressing Random buttons Since Beta
Jarrvis // Memrros
*TRE*

Torvai
02.17.2015 , 05:49 AM | #5900
Quote: Originally Posted by Aresnar View Post

It seems this way. But tbh, only the weird storys get here. Everything else is boring for the reader^^
As a german wow player and youtuber(his name's Barlow) once said: "90% of all lfg groups are unspectacular. You say hi, buff the group, kill all bosses and bid farewell. It's the other 10% that remain in ones memory"

And you really did the right thing. In my experience nobody is mad if people weren't there before and tell the rest of the group and ask how it's done. We all were at this point once
People get mad if you don't know the stuff, don't say anything and cause wipes because of this