Can we have fair pvp in arena warzone (unranked)

Nikoru

I didnt give much about it, when i had to face more enemies than my current team, since the pvp quest could be done by losing aswell.

Ever since that changed to only win working, can we have a better matchmaking, so we dont end up in 2v4 or 3v4 situations?

same issue as before the win traders and queue syncers rule the roost...and the hacks are still redonkulous at times. Also had many a team calling out the use of bots again..BW deal with this or it will drive regs under.

Wintraders and Queue synchers in Regs?? LOL

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

No we can not have fair arenas in unranked.

In lowbies on DM we have the same ~10 people that like to run together and stomp pugs. These are relatively experienced players and they only play to stroke their own ego. Individually they are nothing special, but when you have 3-4 people together each with +70% legacy pvp experience against pugs with 0 - 30% the match is a foregone conclusion. This has been going on for 2-3 years now. For BW to not realize what kind of long term effect this has on pvp should give a clue as to their mindset on pvp in general.

In lowbies on DM we have the same ~10 people that like to run together and stomp pugs. These are relatively experienced players and they only play to stroke their own ego. Individually they are nothing special, but when you have 3-4 people together each with +70% legacy pvp experience against pugs with 0 - 30% the match is a foregone conclusion. This has been going on for 2-3 years now. For BW to not realize what kind of long term effect this has on pvp should give a clue as to their mindset on pvp in general.

people have complained about other people grouping up in pvp far longer than 2 to 3 years. The only solution is to separate 4's out from unranked. But they wont do that. Before ranked actually started being tracked and having rewards the solution was cross server or a server merge, instead they created 4's arenas. The solution to this problem is to either relegate 4's to ranked only or allow people to opt out of warzones. History of this game shows that the pvp devs will always choose to try to treat a symptom rather than the root cause of the problem.

Wintraders and Queue synchers in Regs?? LOL

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

I thought the same thing when I read this. But I was astonished yesterday to actually come across this situation in lowbies,

It was explained to me the reason is the win requirement to get conquest pvp achievements and the daily / weekly completed requires you to win. And people were getting sick of playing heaps of games and losing. So they’ve started to win trade with friends and guildies to get their conquest and daily/ weeklies done.

It really is a sad state of affairs if people are win trading to complete missions and conquest. It means the “win” requirement is having a negative impact on people’s fun.

I would suggest Bioware consider going back to a points system for missions and something similar for conquest (at least for lowbies and Mids).

It’s not just DM. It’s the same on SF.

people have complained about other people grouping up in pvp far longer than 2 to 3 years. The only solution is to separate 4's out from unranked. But they wont do that. Before ranked actually started being tracked and having rewards the solution was cross server or a server merge, instead they created 4's arenas. The solution to this problem is to either relegate 4's to ranked only or allow people to opt out of warzones. History of this game shows that the pvp devs will always choose to try to treat a symptom rather than the root cause of the problem.

They can’t split the two because there aren’t enough people in the queues outside of primetime. And if you split the queues in Primetime, everyones wait times will increase there too.

There is no solution except to remove premades or reduce premade sizes in regs. I know that’s not a popular solution, but it’s the only one that addresses the actual problem when you have such a small player base.

They can’t split the two because there aren’t enough people in the queues outside of primetime. And if you split the queues in Primetime, everyones wait times will increase there too.

There is no solution except to remove premades or reduce premade sizes in regs. I know that’s not a popular solution, but it’s the only one that addresses the actual problem when you have such a small player base.

A MMO that reduces the amount of content you can play with friends isn't going to exist very long. And you're making a huge assumption about which queues will be too long, reality is that one format or the other would die off, but that's more like valuable data for a developer than an actual negative.

It’s not just DM. It’s the same on SF.

Not remotely. I have leveled several characters on SF, and while I occasional run into a premade it's nothing compared to DM. Combined with the deserter lockout I no longer have way to really enjoy this game and have ended my subscription. This could very well be my last post -- congrats Little "H"ant, "Koduro", "Biønocle" "Komi Pop" * etc. you guys won, now you can stomp pugs and stroke your egos all day with no "fun" interference.

*Names altered to comply with silly forum rules...