Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Sorcerer Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.20.2019 , 10:59 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Let's talk about what Spoils of War has in store for the Sorcerer! Below you will find the Sorcerer's new ability, the set bonuses that are planned for them, and a list of their new Tactical items. You may see bonuses which refer to charges. We are introducing new tech in Onslaught which will allow abilities to have multiple charges, meaning you can use them more then once (per charge) and the cooldown will simply add a charge up to the maximum.

Keep in mind that all of this is subject to change

New Ability - Volt Rush
Deals energy damage to your target and energizes you for up to 5 seconds. The Energize effect can stack twice, with each stack increasing Volt Rush damage by 30%. The ability has 3 charges and a recharge timer of 10 seconds.

Set Bonuses
These bonuses will likely have the high end of piece requirements, such as requiring 4 or 6 pieces. The smaller piece bonuses will be more passive in nature (stat benefits, etc).
  • Endless Offensive - (4) Volt Rush deals 10% more damage. (6) Energize now stacks up to 3 times. Force Speed immediately recharges one Volt Rush ability charge.
  • Gathering Storm - (4) Force Speed makes your next Force attack deal more damage. (6) Activating Force Speed reduces the cooldown of Polairty Shift by 5 seconds. Using Polarity Shift immediately after extends its duration.
  • Dark Consumption - (4) Dark Heals' Crit chance is increased by 10% (6) Dark Heal heals more if you have a Weary or Reverse Corruption stack and consumes 1 stack upon use.
  • Revitalize - (4) Resurgence heals for 5% more. (6) Healing a target with another ability while Resurgence is active on them has a chance to cause an extra Resurgence tick for half. Refreshing Resurgence on a target refunds some force.

Tactical Items
This a new item slot coming in Onslaught. You can only wear one Tactical Item at a time.

Sorcerer
  • Dark Cleanse - Consuming Darkness lowers the cooldown of Expunge by 3 seconds.
  • Liberate - Extrication now heals you and the target and makes your next Resurgence free.
  • Preserve Self - Activating Unnatural Preservation removes Static Barrier's Deionize effect from you.
  • Dark Return - Returning to your Phase Walk marker causes a force explosion around you, dealing damage to any enemies around.

Corruption
  • All For One - Revivification heals more for each ally it affects.
  • One For All - Revivification heals more the fewer allies it affects.
  • Extra Mend - Roaming Mend can now heal up to 5 targets instead of 4.
  • Healing Volts - Damaging an enemy with Volt Rush causes your ally closest to the enemy to be healed, scaling with how many Energized stacks are on the enemy.

Lightning
  • Death Channel - Forked Darkness now has a greater chance to activate and Crushing Darkness deals more damage each time it ticks.
  • Volt Flux - Volt Rush triggers Lightning Storm when activated. Chain Lightning spreads the Energized effect and causes your next Volt Rush to arc to nearby targets.
  • Convection Burst - While under Convection, activating Lightning Flash grants an additional Convection stack. 3 Convection stacks allow Thundering Blast to be activated instantly, consuming all stacks.
  • Stormwatch - Lightning Flash applies Stormwatch to it's targets. Anytime this target it critically hit in the next 10 seconds, a weaker Lightning Flash is applied to them.

Madness
  • Exhaustion Field - Death Field does 10% more damage to all targets spreads Force Slow's effects.
  • Ruthless Demolition - Demolish deals 20% more damage on initial hit. Additionally, under Polarity Shift, Demolish resets the cooldown of Force Leech, and causes the next Force Leech to activate instantly.
  • Writhing Terror - Creeping Terror has a 10% chance to tick an additional time whenever Force Lightning deals damage.
  • Wrath Rushdown - When Force Lightning generates 4 stacks of Wrath, you gain Wrath Rush, allowing your next 3 Volt Rushes to deal 25% more damage and cost 50% less Force. Volt Rush consumes all stacks of Wrath.
As a note, if you are a Consular player, you can expect to see these set bonuses mirrored for you as well, they are still in process.

Let us know your thoughts! Here are the types of feedback we are looking for. XX seems too strong or too weak. XX Set Bonus combined with XX Tactical seems too strong or too weak. I wish there was a Set Bonus or Tactical that had a specific effect or modified a specific ability not listed. Be as specific as possible in your feedback.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

EmperorRus
06.21.2019 , 09:05 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Gathering Storm - Activating Force Speed reduces the cooldown of Polairty Shift by 5 seconds. Using Polarity Shift immediately after extends its duration.
I dunno... favors TK/Lightning over Balance/Madness.

I wish there was a Set Bonus or Tactical that had a specific effect or modified a specific ability not listed
I wish I could trade DoT spread for critical damage bonus. Something like this:

"Increase Creeping Terror, Death Field and Affliction critical damage by X%, but only one Creeping Terror can be active at a time(so Death field spreads only one DoT - Affliction)"

(tactical Item)

Energized Overload - Overload energizes you. Volt Rush deals more damage when you are under the Energize effect
Force Speed would be better.

Jethsidi
06.21.2019 , 10:55 AM | #3
Sorc Healer options look really nice!

I do agree with @EmperorRus though, I think Madness could use a bonus that removed your ability to DoT Spread in favor of higher single-target damage. (And conversely have one similar to the 'All For One' Healer bonus where your DoT's do more for being spread around).
Don't ever learn how to tank.
They won't let you do anything else once they know you are good at it.

ragtagtroop
06.21.2019 , 12:18 PM | #4
As a lightning sorc main I can say this: lightning about to be great again. The crushing darkness tactical looks like a pretty nice dps boost. Still wont be on par with other classes but it will be much improved.

Delani
06.21.2019 , 12:23 PM | #5
I highly doubt you guys will change anything but increasing the meters of Overload would greatly help sorcerers.

fushnchips
06.21.2019 , 12:24 PM | #6
Hey folks,

New Ability - Volt Rush
DDeals energy damage to your target and energizes you for up to 5 seconds. The Energize effect can stack twice, with each stack increasing Volt Rush damage by 30%. The ability has 3 charges and a recharge timer of 10 seconds.

-eric
Eric what were you thinking when you wrote "DDeals" lol anyway does Volt rush replace Lightning strike ?
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

Delani
06.21.2019 , 12:34 PM | #7
Honest review,
Thank you for saving madness sorcerer.

LordShrikeIII
06.21.2019 , 12:41 PM | #8
Tbh i don't see a lot of good things in the setbonusses for dps sorcs...

the first two are okay at best, still better for lightning and making use put overload in a rotation? cmon...
last two are for healers but dps HAS NO USE for em...

kerplunkcatt
06.21.2019 , 12:57 PM | #9
So, two things here:

1: I play mainly as a Madness sorc, so firstly, thanks (Heavy sarcasm voice) for an additional ability. That spec was already a bit bloated, so I was really looking forward to trying to cram another thing into it.

2: The tactical items were meant to be "Build defining". Tell me, how is death field doing a tiny bit more damage and spreading another ability I have no intention of putting on my bar "Build defining."?

I know that this is just the first phase of them, and they are obviously subject to change, but I just find that most of that is quite underwhelming. The healers got off nice with the few things about resurgence. That would change how they used the ability. Meanwhile, 10% more damage to something doesn't change how we use it at all.

The next question that I have is not in relation to set bonus/ tacticals, but for the new ability. Is Volt Rush going to be off the GCD? Honestly that would validate it for me, but if it is going to generate a GCD then I am going to swap to lightning so that I don't get a disease from the new Madness rotation.
Heidyn - Sorcerer

Dragonslayer / From Beyond / Revanchist

Delani
06.21.2019 , 01:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LordShrikeIII View Post
Tbh i don't see a lot of good things in the setbonusses for dps sorcs...

the first two are okay at best, still better for lightning and making use put overload in a rotation? cmon...
last two are for healers but dps HAS NO USE for em...
Yea I was suggesting they atleast increase the range of knockback. But we dont know what the skill trees or the amplifiers are going to offer.