Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranged companions refuse to move in combat

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ranged companions refuse to move in combat

KelKrios
01.26.2019 , 04:11 PM | #1
Hello,

I see that there are a lot of complaints about bugs, wanted to ask about another one. I play a melee class and I would love to have a ranged dps companion once in a while. What I noticed is if the combat goes behind a corner, some obstacle or out of my companionís range, these lazy mofos refuse to move. They just stand there and giggle as I have to either kite mobs into their range of fire, kill all enemies on my own or die a horrible death. Only way these guys move is if I switch them to passive and then when they move up make them attack again.

Holy hell, they were not this bad in vanilla!

DragonArt
01.26.2019 , 04:24 PM | #2
It would be nice if they fix it, but in the meantime, put comp on passive briefly to get them to join you. Not a perfect solution, but effective.

ceryxp
01.26.2019 , 04:47 PM | #3
They go brain dead if they're more than approx. 30~32m from their target (ex., Shae would still work at almost 32m but Treek didn't like going much over 30m). If you make sure they are within 30m of the target, mob or you (if healing), they keep functioning. Melee mobs aren't affected by this issue. They still function as far away as 73.5m (if I moved much further the mob would deselect).
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj