Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuttering only when I enter and leave combat...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Stuttering only when I enter and leave combat...

Jediboo
01.24.2019 , 07:13 PM | #1
Msi GeForce gtx 1080ti 8gb GPU
Intel core i9-9980 skylake 18core processor
16gb ram
Operating system on my ssd and everything else on my normal hard drive.

I only stutter when I enter and sometime through out combat until I leave. Then I run perfectly smooth 120fps no lag or stutters doings anything else... anyone know if it may be a setting causing this or what a fix may be if itís a common issue even for higher end PCs?

LinkinPein
01.24.2019 , 09:38 PM | #2
Let me spare you hours of searching and frustration:

1) Make sure you disable the ingame vsync, force it through nvidia inspector or panel.
2) Try playing at 60 fps or 30, no point in trying to get above 30 at all times (warzones or operations). It's impossible to accomplish with this engine.
3) Set ''maximun pre-rendered frames'' to 1, again, either through nvidia inspector or panel.
4) Tick disable ''full-screen optimizations'' on the swtor.exe, launcher and shortcut.

That's is all which we can tweak to improve things on our side. As for the stutters, it's due to the engine, nothing we can do about it other than having the game on a SSD.

It will always stutter when in combat, when people leave/enter warzones or groups; when people pop in as you go around the fleet; when you open up a complex menu, etc. There will always be stutters in SWTOR.

Jediboo
01.25.2019 , 09:07 PM | #3
@LinkinPein

Vsync was off, full screen optimizations off, al the settings u suggested I have minus the frame limit at 60, I never go below 90fps, the stutter only happens when I enter combat and then kill the final enemy... which leads me to believe it may have something to do with where the games files for combat are being loaded from? But thanks for the reply I guess Iíll just deal if it is on BWs end!

*Edit*
When I say I never go below 90fps I mean that while playing the game my frames have always been above 90 at fleet or in raids so no complaints from me about the FPS while playing... (discounting the micro stutter that happens as soon as combat is started by me)