Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A SWTOR vs GW2 Comparison

TrixxieTriss
07.31.2018 , 07:07 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
GW2 has the best dye system of any MMO in my view... yet fashion sucks in GW2 for the most part. But yeah.. I agree with your critiques.... and I personally just did not like the races offered.
The dye system is by far the best I’ve ever seen in a game and yet the fashion at lower to mid lvls is really bad. The only way around it is to pay for skins, which you can’t mix and match like you can in swtor.
The races were a little lame, but the customisation option of the characters are much more advanced than swtor. I will say the graphics are well done and the engine seems smooth. Both of which make WoW look like an 80s kids cartoon.
The mount system in GW2 is the best I’ve ever seen. The movement of them feels real and totally immersive.

Xorian-Lightborn
01.26.2019 , 01:54 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by MiMoMu View Post
GW 2 Mount system is the best mount system ever made. Its simply sublime. I only have unlocked the first mount, the raptor which is animated beautifully. The run speed and the way it leaps a decent distance is wonderful. There are various mount types for various terrain traveling ( eg: manta ray that allows water surface riding) and once you receive the mount ( via quests) on your main doing the latest expack (where you obtain all the various mounts) it becomes available to use (at no extra cost) for all your characters.

Brief intro to mounts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zoDp6rK9V0

More detailed info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3jKdP_XRPI
Sorry to super necro this old thread but its not called mounts online, there is no real mounted combat, you do not feed them or more, yea its a strong point but it does not make the rest of the game worth it at all, especially to me, gw2 has to be one of the most shallow and boring leveling experiences ever, the masteries are not incentive enough, they should be something along side of leveling more stuff to do with combat.