Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 'Type x in endgame or allies' system

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The 'Type x in endgame or allies' system

LD_Little_Dragon
01.26.2019 , 11:52 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxitrac View Post
That's not the point of this post, the point is to convince people that when they're looking for people in chat to not post a message like 'LFM DF HM - Post x with role to join' and to instead type something like 'LFM DF HM - PM for invite' To avoid the confusion and frustration being invited to the wrong group causes.
No matter where it started, currently it's normal when forming pug groups to use 'x up for whatever'.

I usually whisper to join pug groups, or type 'x for whatever', but that's me.

You're asking a large group of payers to change what's been working for them for years to accomodate your much smaller subset of players. It's just not going to happen.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Sareeph
01.26.2019 , 01:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
The random X in endgame is a raider thing, that mainly worked because the majority of players doesn't know that you can use custom chat channels. When others discover "endgame" for their own purpose, they bring their own system with them. In gen chat, folks see "x" as someone signing up for a pug, Angry forum posts won't change that.

Convincing the handful of progress raiders to move to another channel or switch to another system to get in touch, would be easier than trying to force masses of conquest farmers to adapt to their new channel's established rules.
I find this thread funny because I have been using the x method since before SWToR was released. We used to use it in Open and Guild chat's in WoW. For him to say that it was originated by NiM Raiders here is na´ve at best.