Warzone Tricks, Hints, and Tips

Delavager

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few little basic things that I didn't see.

For beginners, know that huttball provides no heads-up on the addition of the Pass Huttball skill, and this should be mapped conveniently by the player prior to match start. Saves them much grief and their team, as well.

Also, some little things. Every player class with any friendly abilities that must be targeted should know that CTRL-TAB targets your friendlies in the same way that TAB targets your enemies. Some beginning players may not know this immediately.

In addition, Mercs who have spec'd Arsenal will have two knockbacks, as Rocket Punch gets a knockback addition when points are applied. Very useful for Huttball and Voidstar, if someone got lucky and caught the edge after a Jetpack.

Didn't see this one in the original post for Voidstar:

When the enemy are capping the bridges and you're on defense and have died and are waiting for the bridges to cap: You can hit the cappers with death field. I assume this works for any other range aoe as well. If you're really good, you can even get cappers who are on the other side of the pillar trying to cap. If you are super coordinated, and with enough sorcerers doing it, it's basically impossible for them to ever cap those bridges.

Edited by xDJFx

Don't know if anyone has posted this before but:

Force leap *interrupts* when you hit, for this reason you should always try to get use out of this when attacking any class that has channeled abilities.

This is common sense but:

Always try to attack an enemy by simply running up to him if you are playing sentinel or marauder, rather than using leap/charge, for the reason given above AND because leap is much more useful as a gap closer if you get knocked back or slowed.

There are a few little basic things that I didn't see.

For beginners, know that huttball provides no heads-up on the addition of the Pass Huttball skill, and this should be mapped conveniently by the player prior to match start. Saves them much grief and their team, as well.

Also, some little things. Every player class with any friendly abilities that must be targeted should know that CTRL-TAB targets your friendlies in the same way that TAB targets your enemies. Some beginning players may not know this immediately.

In addition, Mercs who have spec'd Arsenal will have two knockbacks, as Rocket Punch gets a knockback addition when points are applied. Very useful for Huttball and Voidstar, if someone got lucky and caught the edge after a Jetpack.

A lot of those are covered in the Huttball 101 sticky that's referenced in the guide. I did not want to duplicate work already done well.

Didn't see this one in the original post for Voidstar:

When the enemy are capping the bridges and you're on defense and have died and are waiting for the bridges to cap: You can hit the cappers with death field. I assume this works for any other range aoe as well. If you're really good, you can even get cappers who are on the other side of the pillar trying to cap. If you are super coordinated, and with enough sorcerers doing it, it's basically impossible for them to ever cap those bridges.

That's interesting I'll have to try that. My main is a Balance Shadow and I use FiB (mirror of Death Field) as well.

Even with force speed I can never get the jump on huttball. Is that still working? The ledges seem way higher ingame than they do in the video.

If you jump straight ahead at an angle, it's possible you'll either not make the jump or hit the pillar and fall down. From my experience, it helps to aim so you don't hit the pillar at a smaller angle, and then readjust with the right/left button on your keyboard in mid-air as you've passed the pillar.

Another gap you can clear with Force Speed is from the lower platforms to the central area. It's not as useful as some others; but if you've gained the ball defensively and the fire trap is on, it's better than dropping to the lowered area. Similarly you can chase the enemy with this if you're on the enemy's side of the map.

You can also jump from the highest platform diagonally across the lower platform's fire pit when heading toward the endzone. It's something that comes natural for many Consulars/Inquisitors, but I didn't see it in the list so I figured I'd mention.

Which buffs stack now?

We have the

a) WZ spawned red expertise buff

b) Commendation purchased Red PVP Adrenal

c) Relic (power or crit/surge)

d) Biochem Stim

e) Biochem Adrenal (surge/crit or power)

Can I get the WZ Red buff and add a Red Adrenal to it or does that overwrite it?

What about a biochem adrenal after or before the wz spawned buff?

Just trying to get a glimpse at my max damage potential. thanks

If you are defending 2 turrets, and the turret you are defending goes from 5red vs 5green to 1red vs 4green .. you should already be moving to the other turret.

Same basic principle applies to voidstar.

Chasing 1 kill means you will lose.

Reserved for additional and future content.

There is a secret you missed, I hate voidstar and won't tell you what it is though. I actually successfully achieved it, was great.

I theorized the concept of force charging back to the player but never acomplished this feet yet do to hating voidstar, maybe I'll have to try to do it in huttball.

Edited by The-Jedi

A handy little hiding place in Huttball is underneathe the middle ramp at the enemy goal leading up to the rafter.

people comming from the spawn will have a hard time seeing you as your name tag doesn't show up when looking at you from that direction.

A little bonus is that it doesn't count towards the spawn 'kick' timer, unlike standing all the way up against the back wall does.

Alternatively you could also just got a stealther to go there, but It's handy for non stealth classes.

Hit Bridge Cappers with Ranged AOE on Defense - When the enemy are capping the bridges and you're on defense and have died and are waiting for the bridges to cap: You can hit the cappers with death field/Force In Balance. This is available to the Share Tree Spec for Consulars and Inquisitors. I assume it is possible with other ranged AOE as well but has yet to be confirmed. NEW!

This above tip is a good idea bit also a bad idea as to do it you have to stand out in the center ...so just like you are in range to cast your AE, enemies that can jump are now in range to jump to you while bridges may be down.

I didn't see a couple of the things that I do in here.

- Pop Expertise adrenals when close to first contact in any of the Warzones for an edge

- Keeping a stack of Healing adrenals to survive.

- Communicate useful information in chat (example, if there is a DPSer upper right sniping everyone)

Er, too obvious, or is this not the thread for non-specific warzone tips?

Which buffs stack now?

We have the

a) WZ spawned red expertise buff

b) Commendation purchased Red PVP Adrenal

c) Relic (power or crit/surge)

d) Biochem Stim

e) Biochem Adrenal (surge/crit or power)

Can I get the WZ Red buff and add a Red Adrenal to it or does that overwrite it?

What about a biochem adrenal after or before the wz spawned buff?

Just trying to get a glimpse at my max damage potential. thanks

Your stim is always active ofc. Expertise adrenal shares a cd with the biochem adrenals. Pickup expertise buff and epsertise adrenal overwrite each other. Relics have their own cds (sharing a smaller 'relic' cd). Wz medpack is 3m cd, biochem medpack is 90s cd and they are on a shared 90s cd.

This means:

Your otimal combination is:

mainstat stim + power relic + power adrenal + expertise pickup

Your typical combination is:

mainstat stim + power relic + expertise adrenal

Which combination is used is simply dependant from whether you manage to get the pickup buff. If yes, pop biochem power, if not pop expertise, always together with your power relic and ofc your stim which is always active anyway.

You go for power with adrenal and relic, because crit/surge buffs are affected by the respective DRs as well (unlike expertise buffs). Power is of a linear nature (which is better than the tight DRs of the other stats, but still loses out on absolute value in the higher regions - there simply is no alternative and it's relative best).

In the current state of the game you can just alternate between wz and biochem medpack every 90s (in 1.2 you can only use one medpack per combat phase).

Jumping the gap in Voidstar: Just did it today and peeps on the other team said they were reporting me for exploiting???

Is this working as intended, or an exploit?

Working as intended. They left a speed buff on the defender's side right next to a huge gap in the force field. Go figure.^^

Edited by wtfnonamefree

Door Defender = STAY AT THE FREAKING DOORS!!!!

Tower = STAY AT THE FREAKING TOWER!!!! FORGET ABOUT THE RIGHT ONE!!!!

Healers = Defend them if your team! Kill them if enemy!!!!!

Never ever run solo, your not superman! :D

Here's a big, but simple one, for Voidstar:

If the attackers manage to extend one bridge, keep an eye out for a stealther trying to ninja cap the door on the side that hasn't had the bridge extended.

Can't count the number of PUG games I've been in, where people see the brdge on one side extend, all go to defend that door (or worse, continue to fight on the other side of the bridge), and completely ignore the other door.

Just make the occasional glance at your minimap. If you're on the defending team, and you don't see at least one purple stickman icon at both of the doors, that's not a good sign.