Top Posters In This Topic

Noire

Lethality Operative 4/6/36

3712.87 dps

4:29.199 time

http://www.torparse.com/a/526502/2/0/Damage+Dealt

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/9b9a1355-4d8e-45ef-bcfc-7a9f327fd620

I didnt use the 2 pvp bonus for extra orbital for this one

Had 2-3 instances of Lingering Toxins bugging, so could be better.

Edited by Transmet

Noire

Lethality Operative 4/6/36

3712.87 dps

4:29.199 time

http://www.torparse.com/a/526502/2/0/Damage+Dealt

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/9b9a1355-4d8e-45ef-bcfc-7a9f327fd620

I didnt use the 2 pvp bonus for extra orbital for this one

Had 2-3 instances of Lingering Toxins bugging, so could be better.

Read the rules on the front page, Dummy must bet set to 1.5 Million Health. In your parse you only set yours to the 1 million, hence why your parse is so short.

Read the rules on the front page, Dummy must bet set to 1.5 Million Health. In your parse you only set yours to the 1 million, hence why your parse is so short.

Relax, buddy. I'm glad parsing has new faces, but keep your condescension to a minimum. If YOU read the front page, you'd know it was my thread that structured the current system of parsing and inspired a very long and technical discussion for the community. However, I did mis-read the rules and apologize to OP.

If 1.5 mil is the case, I won't be parsing here and will leave it and future parses for the world/game-wide thread. 1.5 is insanely boring. You'll notice most of the archived 2.4 leaders haven't bothered with 1.5mil yet even though people are getting closer and closer to BiS. Just some feedback.

Edited by Transmet

Relax, buddy. I'm glad parsing has new faces, but keep your condescension to a minimum. If YOU read the front page, you'd know it was my thread that structured the current system of parsing and inspired a very long and technical discussion for the community. However, I did mis-read the rules and apologize to OP.

If 1.5 mil is the case, I won't be parsing here and will leave it and future parses for the world/game-wide thread. 1.5 is insanely boring. You'll notice most of the archived 2.4 leaders haven't bothered with 1.5mil yet even though people are getting closer and closer to BiS. Just some feedback.

lol wasn't an attack you on man, was just letting you know. I'm not new to parsing, have been contributing to leaderboard threads since before 2.0, unless 10 months is "new" to parsing.....guess it's a matter of opinion. I didn't bother to read your thread because it should be fairly *obvious* that the new parsing rules should include armor debuff and health buff on the operations dummy. The only argument would be 1 million vs 1.5 million. IMHO 1 million is too short, because it really does not test your sustainable DPS due to the fact that you can get the op dummy to an executable level so quickly.

I didn't bother to read your thread because it should be fairly *obvious* that the new parsing rules should include armor debuff and health buff on the operations dummy. The only argument would be 1 million vs 1.5 million. IMHO 1 million is too short, because it really does not test your sustainable DPS due to the fact that you can get the op dummy to an executable level so quickly.

...that was the argument behind the thread. Maybe you SHOULD bother to read it as it goes into depth on both sides.

Edited by Transmet

Now Now guys/girls play nice, To be honest I have been thinking over the last few days to add an 1m parse leader board and a 500k one to this but I was gonna check with everyone's consensus first I was going to post this earlier but had a migraine yesterday so didn't get around to it and with it, however it will be up to the community to decide which one leader board they will support more remember each of these values favor different classes and spec's with 1.5m being sustained 1m being a balance and 500k being burst.

edit: of course i would have to amend the rules to fit with the new structure but that wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by BIG_M

Now Now guys/girls play nice, To be honest I have been thinking over the last few days to add an 1m parse leader board and a 500k one to this but I was gonna check with everyone's consensus first I was going to post this earlier but had a migraine yesterday so didn't get around to it and with it, however it will be up to the community to decide which one leader board they will support more remember each of these values favor different classes and spec's with 1.5m being sustained 1m being a balance and 500k being burst.

edit: of course i would have to amend the rules to fit with the new structure but that wouldn't be an issue.

Sounds like too much work. 1.5 million is fine, you'll just get less people parsing because it is already a pain. Just do what you're doing, it's all good.

Edited by Transmet

Sounds like too much work. 1.5 million is fine, you'll just get less people parsing because it is already a pain. Just do what you're doing, it's all good.

not really would just be an extra 10mins each day instead of the usual five or so providing people follow posting guidelines.

edit: It would also give a greater number for statistics.

Edited by BIG_M

It's somewhat unfortunate the the "world" leaderboard ended up with different rules than this one in terms of length. There are probably a good 10 Harbingerites that were represented in the 2.4 thread there, most of whom probably won't bother to reparse with a longer length.

As much as I wouldn't want to redo my crappy parses myself or invalidate others' current parses, it would be nice to have the rules here the same as those in the world leaderboard thread so folks can shoot for both. There are definitely many who hate doing it any more than necessary and having the same rules would eliminate this problem. I still do like the 1.5M dummy as the results are going to be a little more smooth and fewer incredibly lucky and relatively unrealistic parses will make the leaderboards and be held as a "standard." Not sure if it's worth the difference, though.

As far as having so many options with 500k/1m/1.5m, it just seems like meaningful competition would get lost in a sea of so many different results.

Edited by Mugen_no_Jidai

It's somewhat unfortunate the the "world" leaderboard ended up with different rules than this one in terms of length. There are probably a good 10 Harbingerites that were represented in the 2.4 thread there, most of whom probably won't bother to reparse with a longer length.

As much as I wouldn't want to redo my crappy parses myself or invalidate others' current parses, it would be nice to have the rules here the same as those in the world leaderboard thread so folks can shoot for both. There are definitely many who hate doing it any more than necessary and having the same rules would eliminate this problem. I still do like the 1.5M dummy as the results are going to be a little more smooth and fewer incredibly lucky and relatively unrealistic parses will make the leaderboards and be held as a "standard." Not sure if it's worth the difference, though.

As far as having so many options with 500k/1m/1.5m, it just seems like meaningful competition would get lost in a sea of so many different results.

/cheer

Claimed - Gunslinger - Hybrid - 5/18/23 - 3670.08

http://www.torparse.com/a/528373/1/0/Overview

I'm posting this as a reminder that just because the real dummy parsers aren't doing it on the 1.5mil dummy doesn't mean we don't exist. Most of us will not be participating further in this thread.

Saboteur for good measure

Claimed - Gunslnger - Saboteur - 7/36/3 - 4079.47

http://www.torparse.com/a/528379/2/0/Overview

Edited by Falver