Bubble Stun

Zoom_VI

Why does this even exist? Seriously, it's a utility that does nothing at all against all the ranged and 10m classes, while at the same time completely and utterly invalidates the 4m classes, and it's attached to a class that already invalidates all of the 4m classes.

Even ignoring that it's terrible gameplay design to have a utility that is capable of completely stopping a opponent's attack dead in it's tracks while at the same time requires almost zero skill on the part of the user.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with everything you're sayin. I just don't think it's a terrible mechanic in and of itself on the caster. (except he shouldn't be able to pop it on his own). is it a utility now or tied to lightning? I think it should be tied to lightning. I don't like the idea of madness or healers having it. but iunno. I never noticed it on the jugg, but the jugg is invulnerable to cc at the times when bubble would pop.

Why does this even exist? Seriously, it's a utility that does nothing at all against all the ranged and 10m classes, while at the same time completely and utterly invalidates the 4m classes, and it's attached to a class that already invalidates all of the 4m classes.

Even ignoring that it's terrible gameplay design to have a utility that is capable of completely stopping a opponent's attack dead in it's tracks while at the same time requires almost zero skill on the part of the user.

Man you really hate Sorcs and Sages.... It seems you are always bagging the class... Why don't you roll one and play it so you can see what the counters are to the issues you have against them... Of all the classes I play, they are the most hated for the wrong reasons... Any good player can counter nearly every QQ people have about them...

It seems unless you can global them without any risk to yourself they must be OP and Nerfed... Please stop QQing about them...

I agree with everything you're sayin. I just don't think it's a terrible mechanic in and of itself on the caster. (except he shouldn't be able to pop it on his own). is it a utility now or tied to lightning? I think it should be tied to lightning. I don't like the idea of madness or healers having it. but iunno. I never noticed it on the jugg, but the jugg is invulnerable to cc at the times when bubble would pop.

The problem is that it's a AoE cc attached to a ability that a sorc will use on himself nearly constantly anyways. For melee classes it basically a case of either A) you let the sage freecast and you get wrecked or B) you try to stop the sage but get CC'ed everytime you close the gap.

Also Lightning shouldn't have it anymore than any other sage spec since all the sage specs have amazing kiting abilities to begin with. Seriously sages are already a hardcounter to the 4m classes, and bubblestun just makes it stupid, especially since that kind of CC is extremely frustrating to the melee since it's literally something that can't counter in any way.

Man you really hate Sorcs and Sages.... It seems you are always bagging the class... Why don't you roll one and play it so you can see what the counters are to the issues you have against them... Of all the classes I play, they are the most hated for the wrong reasons...

Let me go roll a Sage

.......to go with the sage I already have. :rolleyes:

Zoom plays a vg/pt and complains about sages/sorcs being OP and AP/Tactics not being OP in team ranked...

Yeah, that's who is making this thread.

BTW, here are the melee classes that are not completely shut down by bubble stun:

Serenity/hatred

Infil/Deception - can be annoying but easily worked around

Vigi/veng

Rage/Focus - so so?

Concealment/Scrapper

Lethality/Ruffian

AP/Tactics

Assualt/Plasmatech

So that leaves.... maras/sents being shut down by bubble stun.

Man you really hate Sorcs and Sages.... It seems you are always bagging the class... Why don't you roll one and play it so you can see what the counters are to the issues you have against them... Of all the classes I play, they are the most hated for the wrong reasons... Any good player can counter nearly every QQ people have about them...

It seems unless you can global them without any risk to yourself they must be OP and Nerfed... Please stop QQing about them...

I leveled one and next to PT its probably the most ezmode class to pvp with.

OK, why all the butthurt?

Are we on the side of the sage or the side of the 4m melee?

If on the melee - then use your attacks smarter. Pop the bubble with soemthing like TST or Frag Grenade.

If we're on the Sage's side....it helps you against stupid people, and is a good **** option. Problem solve.d

I didn't realize I needed to join a party to post. But then again I'm always terrible at keeping up with politics anyways.

Although according to some of the previous posters I'm apparently on "the Vanguard side" which interestingly enough has no stake in this topic since vanguards are typically unaffected by bubblestun.

If we're on the Sage's side....it helps you against stupid people, and is a good **** option. Problem solve.d

Not really. Good PvP is based around the idea that a ability should be just as engaging for the user as it is for the person it's used upon. Bubble stun certainly isn't engaging for the Sage since most of the time the Sage doesn't even give it any thought. And I doubt all the people left couched over holding their eyes everytime they get near the sage are feeling engaged either.

Zoom plays a vg/pt and complains about sages/sorcs being OP and AP/Tactics not being OP in team ranked..

I would lay off the mudslinging, your past comments have given me more than enough ammunition to easily win any mudslinging fights you try to start.

I am well aware that AP is in a better position in group ranked than Sage DPS is, but I'm also aware that 99% of the PvP in this game isn't group ranked.

Also outside of what you personally think of me, please tell me why having what amounts to a automatic AoE CC doesn't amount to bad game design. Bubble stun doesn't add any level of depth or engagement to the players but it is probably second to none in terms of utterly infuriating game mechanics.

Also that list of specs not effected. I will give you Veng, although the sage has plenty of other tools in that case. But Concealment, like really, Concealment is out of all of the melees, the most opener dependent one, and it can't open on a bubbled sage, because #automatically CC'ed. Concealment's methods of dealing with bubble stun are limited to autoattack, frag grenade, and overload shot. None of which deal enough damage to break the bubble with a single use, and by the time the two GCDs necessary to pop the bubble are up, the sage has already rooted the operative and zoomed off.

Deception is better off than concealment especially once Dark Stability is taken into account. Although the fight will certainly drag out much longer than Deflection, and besides Dark Stability is already devalued in that match-up since it doesn't provide protection against roots and snares, which are the centerpiece of the Sage's defensive toolkit.

I'm amused that you listed vanguards though, considering how in the past you have at informed me in great length about how vanguards aren't melee. But that is irrelevant anyways, since I specifically stated 4m classes in the OP. And Vanguards are not a 4m class.

Oh no....a utility with strengths and weaknesses. Those jerks at Bioware how dare they?

I think you lot are misunderstanding the point. The point isn't that the ability is inherently overpowered. But the thing is, a abilities doesn't need to be inherently overpowered for said ability to bad for overall player experience. A melee class should not be penalized just for seeking melee range.

Abilities like shroud, force camo, and Decoy are examples of what defensives should be like, since all of those are both; A) extremely potent B) require levels of skill from the user, and C) provide the opponent with a interesting set of choices.

Zoom plays a vg/pt and complains about sages/sorcs being OP and AP/Tactics not being OP in team ranked...

BTW, here are the melee classes that are not completely shut down by bubble stun:

Serenity/hatred

Vigi/veng

Rage/Focus - so so?

Concealment/Scrapper

Lethality/Ruffian

AP/Tactics

Assualt/Plasmatech

This list makes no sense at all. If ANY of these classes are next to a sorc when bubble stun goes off every single one of these classes will eat it.

The only balance change I think needed is to increase the resolve bubble stun generates. Right now a sorc can chain 2 bubble stuns and still be able to cc with their mez or stun afterwards. Bubble stun should increase resolve slightly more so the sorc can only chain cc somebody twice. This would be on par with what every other class can do.

OK, why all the butthurt?

If on the melee - then use your attacks smarter. Pop the bubble with soemthing like TST or Frag Grenade.

You got it in one...

Serenity/hatred

Vigi/veng

Rage/Focus - so so?

Concealment/Scrapper

Lethality/Ruffian

AP/Tactics

Assualt/Plasmatech

I would counter that Concealment/Scrapper and Infil/Deception have the biggest problem of that bunch, probably a little behind mara/sent for annoyance. But yeah, Bubble stun is so useless against Vigi/Veng juggs that I stopped taking it all together.

At least they should change it to one-target mode.

There is no needs in AoE mezz with 30sec cd for 3.0+ sorcs.

I would agree if it weren't for the fact that I am almost never attacked by a single person at a time only. Sage/sorc is the most easily destroyed class under focus fire. Getting hit fgor 8-10k at a time, Bubble stun has saved me from a tryhard brigade more times than I can count.

This list makes no sense at all. If ANY of these classes are next to a sorc when bubble stun goes off every single one of these classes will eat it.

The only balance change I think needed is to increase the resolve bubble stun generates. Right now a sorc can chain 2 bubble stuns and still be able to cc with their mez or stun afterwards. Bubble stun should increase resolve slightly more so the sorc can only chain cc somebody twice. This would be on par with what every other class can do.

I wouldn't mind if the resolve it gave was increased a bit

I leveled one and next to PT its probably the most ezmode class to pvp with.

lol jugg is easier than PT these days. not even a question. so many tards doing dumb things and getting away with it on juggs.

I would agree if it weren't for the fact that I am almost never attacked by a single person at a time only. Sage/sorc is the most easily destroyed class under focus fire. Getting hit fgor 8-10k at a time, Bubble stun has saved me from a tryhard brigade more times than I can count

Mercs and maybe snipers, and also marauders have to talk with you. :)

A class that's totally dependant on kiting to play up to its potential should NOT be easily tracked down. We do NOT owe it to you to be a kill score just because you got in range. A sage/sorc who can't or won't kite and LOS is the easiest kill in the game. We need every one of those tools available to us.

Honestly these threads complaining about our abilities to get away sound eerily like the dummies complaining about Mayweather not sitting still and allowing Pacquiao to beat his face in.

A class that's totally dependant on kiting to play up to its potential should NOT be easily tracked down. We do NOT owe it to you to be a kill score just because you got in range. A sage/sorc who can't or won't kite and LOS is the easiest kill in the game. We need every one of those tools available to us.

Honestly these threads complaining about our abilities to get away sound eerily like the dummies complaining about Mayweather not sitting still and allowing Pacquiao to beat his face in.

But here is the thing. Sages don't need it at all. In fact most sages don't even take the thing, since it's only effective against the classes that Sages already hardcounter.

Edited by Zoom_VI

The problem is that it's a AoE cc attached to a ability that a sorc will use on himself nearly constantly anyways. For melee classes it basically a case of either A) you let the sage freecast and you get wrecked or B) you try to stop the sage but get CC'ed everytime you close the gap.

Also Lightning shouldn't have it anymore than any other sage spec since all the sage specs have amazing kiting abilities to begin with. Seriously sages are already a hardcounter to the 4m classes, and bubblestun just makes it stupid, especially since that kind of CC is extremely frustrating to the melee since it's literally something that can't counter in any way.

it matters to me bc lightning is stationary. I don't mind a passive aoe cc there. I would think a 1`min cd is more reasonable. and I despise the idea that you can pop your own bubble. that's bogus.

lol @ the guy who listed concealment op as unaffected by bubble-stun.

Edited by foxmob