Hey Musco, thanks for breaking Group Finder Ops

Yea... you may not be directly responsible, but Group Finder operations use to be enjoyable. Run through the Op... and get a reward for the daily operation. Now, because you guys have included a bunch of nonsense no one wants or can run, there are virtually no groups running daily group finder ops. Sure, there are plenty of ignorant group leaders putting together ops and advertising them as GF, but they uncheck all the non-daily operations from the queue, thus defeating the purpose of group finder.

You've effectively killed the daily group finder operation... I honestly didn't believe you could do it, but apparently, where there's a will, there's a way...

I guess learning how to do a couple of bosses is out, uh?

For me the problem isn't that vet queen or TC are hard to do (let's not talk monolith, that is not a boss to be pugged).

The problem is that when you want to do a full OP, and only have a couple hours to do that, then having group-finder say 'No Ops for you! one boss only', is a major letdown.

That's why most groups now don't spin the rng wheel. If you want to do a full op, then you don't have time to spend the 20 or so minutes clearing the one boss, then to also do the full op afterwards.

I still do Ops, I just don't get the group-finder bonus since it's a lot more convenient to walk in now.

They could have just added the 1-boss operations to the OPs rotation in group-finder, but bioware is obsessed with RNG for some reason.

Monolith is really bad for people who never saw it before. Really bad. Lots of AoE, an AoE that folllows random person, the huge cleave that also goes to anyone, the circles mechanic that absolutely requires 2 people to do. Lots of way to get killed yourself AND wipe the raid also.

It's too much for simple regular PUGs.

Edited by Gelious

It's too much for simple regular PUGs.

this mentality is half the problem.

and regardless, people think or thought this way about full operations: ec, tos, gods, they're all been through a phase where they were deemed "too much" for pugs. if nobody ever plays something, it will be forever unapproachable.

It isn't always about knowing the fights. Players have different preferences on the content they find fun.

If players would like to get the GF reward and really want to run a particular OP the random queue makes it not always possible to do. We schedule the OPs our players want to run based on the GF rotation, but this has become problematic due to the now random component.

Additionally, some fights are more difficult for some players. Our guild has visually impaired players who find the Monolith fight nothing but annoying and frustrating. Many have not been able to complete it.

So while we are fine getting TC or Hive Queen, when we get the Monolith, this causes us to have to leave, break group, swap to alts or wait on the timer, to try again.

This takes time away from our play time and simply annoys players. It is also a time issue. Some of us are time constrained due to real life so we don't have time to run say the Hive Queen and Explosive Conflict in the same night.

Edited by NaiadL

It isn't always about knowing the fights. Players have different preferences on the content they find fun.

If players would like to get the GF reward and really want to run a particular OP the random queue makes it not always possible to do. We schedule the OPs our players want to run based on the GF rotation, but this has become problematic due to the now random component.

Additionally, some fights are more difficult for some players. Our guild has visually impaired players who find the Monolith fight nothing but annoying and frustrating. Many have not been able to complete it.

So while we are fine getting TC or Hive Queen, when we get the Monolith, this causes us to have to leave, break group, swap to alts or wait on the timer, to try again.

This takes time away from our play time and simply annoys players. It is also a time issue. Some of us are time constrained due to real life so we don't have time to run say the Hive Queen and Explosive Conflict in the same night.

of course but this isn't different from the flashpoint group finder: if you want to do a specific flashpoint, you can't have the reward for queuing random. and in pvp you can't choose which map you'll be playing at all. they simply gave ops the same structure as flashpoints. there's a good argument to reverse this change to be sure but there are also benefits to this set up, namely making less played content more relevant.

I don't know what operations are like on your server, but on mine, they require 8 people and are not solo-content. Me being able to run certain content has little effect on the vast majority of the server who refuses to run it.

The days of simply joining a group for the daily GF operation are over. Now it becomes a headache of deciphering what the intentions of the Op leader are and hope they follow through so I can get the daily reward.

I will necro this thread coz i also hate doing cm so much, most people dont want to do ziost. its hard and heavy mechanic also many players didnt know the fight.

I just form a group and all of them expected the gf bonus but when we got ziost, the heal and main tank quit. its frustrating and make my confidence sink that make me dont want to make another group again. its used to be fun and even make me friends along the way but as it stand now with ziost on it, most people will quit when they got ziost.

solution; just remove ziost, that is not a pug should run. tc and hq are fun tho.

Edit; english is not my native :)

Edited by Zechalakazam