Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mouseover Healing

Songweaver
03.06.2012 , 08:38 PM | #331
I would like to point out that the Dev's during the Guild Summit did talk about Mouseover healing and it is something that is in the works and they are planning on implementing. There is no ETA on it - but the point is that they are working on it, just be patient.

Shroudveil
03.07.2012 , 02:44 AM | #332
yeah, while i am not against mouseover healing there are much more pressing matters regarding healing that imo need to be addressed first before spending manpower on that.

things like UI displaying time left for buffs/debuffs as something actual easily readable.
UI displaying which debuffs are cleansable and which are not
healer imbalances
etc
Quote:
Georg Zoeller: A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed.

Flain
03.07.2012 , 04:57 AM | #333
Quote: Originally Posted by Songweaver View Post
I would like to point out that the Dev's during the Guild Summit did talk about Mouseover healing and it is something that is in the works and they are planning on implementing. There is no ETA on it - but the point is that they are working on it, just be patient.
Too little, too late.

caveslug
03.11.2012 , 12:03 PM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by Flain View Post
Too little, too late.
^^this

This is one of those features, that should have launched with the game. Not something 6 months later, FFS its 2012 not 1998.
#1 reply to all PvP threads.....L2P

Iceydeadppl
03.11.2012 , 02:12 PM | #335
Quote: Originally Posted by Songweaver View Post

Quote: Originally Posted by Shroudveil View Post
yeah, while i am not against mouseover healing there are much more pressing matters regarding healing that imo need to be addressed first before spending manpower on that.

things like UI displaying time left for buffs/debuffs as something actual easily readable.
UI displaying which debuffs are cleansable and which are not
healer imbalances
etc
That's why I play Massively Solo! It is too painful to heal and that is my preferred role in a group. So I've been levelling alts waiting to see what shakes down the road. But to be honest, I'm running out of classes and I will soon be bored to tears! Too bad! This game had potential!
Intel Core i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20GHz
12 GB DDR3 RAM
2X Nvidia GTX 480 SLI
Windows 7 64-bit, Bose Sound

Azkit
03.12.2012 , 11:06 AM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by darreke View Post
Left click on target frame = Heal 1
right click on target frame = heal 2
middle click on target frame = heal 3
mousebutton 4 on target frame = heal 4
mousebutton 5 on target frame = /dance
etc...
How it this any different than having a Razor Naga mouse with 14 additional mouse buttons? Left click on the frame, thumb button your heal. Either way, it's 1-handed healing.

Quote: Originally Posted by darreke
For all those saying that mouseover healing is the same as regular healing, you've never healed without a macro i guess. The whole charm of clicking then healing is misstargetting.
The whole charm of clicking then healing is mistargeting? Really? In that case, I guess we should remove tab targeting from the game and force DPS to click on their desired target and also make them lose their target after every ability used. That would introduce the charm of mistargeting to DPS; sounds charming, right?

But i give up seeing the size of this thread anyhow, lets just introduce autotargetting instead of mouseover.
Lets make it so that when you click a heal it will automaticly heal the person needing it the most. Lets remove all the managing, there is no need to triage ppl, why would you ask something that hard from a player. Lets just make it more fun and make it a healingfest for everybody !!
Cause auto-targeting is really what people are asking for, amirite? Hell, I'm sure most people in support of mouseover healing would be against auto-targeting. That would be the most boring gameplay I could ever imagine...

Yes...if it was up to me i would ban any macro from this game. I love how everybody allways brag on their skill when they have the macros doing all the stuff for them.
There's no reason why click-to-cast has to be designed through macros. There could easily be a feature within the UI to toggle click-to-cast for individual abilities on the action bar, no macros required.

---

Yeah, I responded to an old post, but this post annoyed me each time I opened this thread.
NIGHTMARES ASYLUM
Server: Hedarr Soongh
Kara Gunn (Op) - | - Ray Gunn (Merc)

antithasys
03.12.2012 , 11:19 AM | #337
Quote: Originally Posted by Azkit View Post
How it this any different than having a Razor Naga mouse with 14 additional mouse buttons? Left click on the frame, thumb button your heal. Either way, it's 1-handed healing.
^^ This. Mouseover healing = fail healer. L2P

Yeah, I responded to an old post, but this post annoyed me each time I opened this thread.
haha, was thinking the same thing.

EH_Strahd
03.14.2012 , 12:13 PM | #338
Quote: Originally Posted by antithasys View Post
^^ This. Mouseover healing = fail healer. L2P
I have NM kills on SOA and Kar...I learnt to play. I can deal with not having them but I would love Mouse Over healing.

Insisting on no mouse over healing = belongs in a museum = old healer. L2Evolve.

P.S. Healed stock in WoW for 8 years, only with MO macros when implemented but click to cast before it was (for almost a year if I recall) . I earned my stripes as an old school healer. Glad they are implementing it.

If you don't like it, turn it off...but it's not game changing to put in a mouse over macro. Anyone who says it is...needs to L2P cause if your only claim to elitism is winning the challenge fightinging with the UI...you got mad skillz brah.

aryouStupid
03.19.2012 , 05:08 PM | #339

The whole charm of clicking then healing is mistargeting? Really? In that case, I guess we should remove tab targeting from the game and force DPS to click on their desired target and also make them lose their target after every ability used. That would introduce the charm of mistargeting to DPS; sounds charming, right?

Cause auto-targeting is really what people are asking for, amirite? Hell, I'm sure most people in support of mouseover healing would be against auto-targeting. That would be the most boring gameplay I could ever imagine...

There's no reason why click-to-cast has to be designed through macros. There could easily be a feature within the UI to toggle click-to-cast for individual abilities on the action bar, no macros required.

---

You don't lose your target after every cast. You just have to select another player from your ops list or party list and cast on them if they need a heal. And when you are healing in a group you have a list of players you can click on. When you are DPS and there are 20 creatures surrounding you good luck trying to find out which one has the lowest health so you don't split the DPS. Try tab targeting players and healing at the same time.

I get that Mouse over healing would be great for healers because it makes their lives easier, but this is not a necessity. All it does it save you from clicking every 2 seconds and your finger getting burnt out from clicking so much.

Don't get me wrong this is something I would like to see down the line, but I think there are way more important things they need fix and update before they even touch on this subject.
House of Drayven
{Alpha Team - Officer}
Server: The Bastion

Valkyriesuki
04.18.2012 , 01:24 AM | #340
we agree that old school healing is nostalgic and yeah, takes some skill.
we agree mouseover healing is convenient and we cut down on the number of keypresses.
we agree devs stated mouseover macros aren't real macros.

when i started healing swtor i keybound my heals. healing went like this: click the nameplate with my mouse, hit the 'E' key with my left hand.
then i bought a razor naga hex. 6 buttons under my thumb. it comes preset to num 1-6. easy right? i rebound my heals to 1-6. my healing was : left click the frames, click the side button with my thumb, or left hand E. easier?

How bad would it be if i wrote little macros like these:
button 1 macro: left click down, left click up, delay .020, keypress 1 down, keypress 1 up

/discuss