Sorc as OP and UP as every other class.

SabonXS

I dedicate myself to hunting Mercs/Commandos because Tracer/Grav spam is stupidly imbalacned. Just because I do and can, it doesn't make that spam balanced. Ironically (or maybe fittingly) my best Merc/Commando hunter is my own Merc, spec'd Pyrotech... I do roughly the same damage, but I actually need to press more than 1 button to do it, and even then I usually cannot win 1v1 against Tracer/Grav spam.

And so what if an interrupt lands? They just use Rail Shot or Heatseekers. An interrupt lands on our Force Lightning? Just plaster them with Death Field, an instant cast Chain Lightning or Crushing Darkness, reapply Affliction, recast Static Shield, Electocute/Whirlwind them, hide LOS, etc. I'm not sure why people seem to think this is WOW and that interrupts stop anything substantial... interrupts in TOR only lockout that 1 ability, and even a bad player can just press another button 1 or 2 times during the lockout with minimal inconvenience. (Everything I just typed also applies to Tracer/Grav spam, except with them... interrupting their spam just means you get hit in the face by their burst abilities for the same damage as you would've taken had you not wasted time interrupting.)

Good use of your utility abilities is just good practice for any class in any environment. Pretending that doing so justifies a clear imbalance in our damage output and broken specs is quite naive. If you don't think Wrath + CL is overpowered, and you think our class specs are working as intended (ie 31pt Madness is subpar, and 31pt Lightning is utterly unplayable), then you're deluding yourself about the issues present with Sorcs.

Why is it when someone mentions anything about this game people refer to WoW? The only thing I know about that game is what I read from other people. Compare it to CoV/CoH/ or FFXI, or MxO or something.

And notice how I didn't state a suggestion, I stated what I did and what worked for me. If you can't understand the benefits of the interrupts, then I am not surprised you have issues with sorcs, or mercs.

Why is it when someone mentions anything about this game people refer to WoW? The only thing I know about that game is what I read from other people. Compare it to CoV/CoH/ or FFXI, or MxO or something.

And notice how I didn't state a suggestion, I stated what I did and what worked for me. If you can't understand the benefits of the interrupts, then I am not surprised you have issues with sorcs, or mercs.

Why is it that making even 1 mere mentioned of WOW results in complaining about referencing WOW? I mentioned it once, and elaborated upon my point and what I feel is a ridiculous misconception about how useful interrupts are in this game against certain classes' main nukes like Merc/Commando and Sorc/Sage.

If you're getting a huge benefit from interrupts, you're playing bad players. I don't even notice being interrupted because every ~6 seconds, I'm dropping Chain Lightning in their face anyway, along with all the other abilities I keep track of casting. I don't even interrupt enemy Sorcs because I quickly realized it was a waste of my resources against good ones, and I just beat bad ones straight-up... I may as well use something else instant cast or even cleanse the enemy's DOTs. Interrupting can be useful, but that is conditional.

I have no issue with enemy Sorcs, I wreck well over 95% of Sages/Sorcs I encounter straight up... I have been before brackets, and I am after brackets, their Battlemaster gear from Ilum exploitation (while I've been playing around alts) is irrelevant. But I find amusement in that, when someone disagrees with you, you immediately make an attack on their personal skill.

Notice how I have not once referenced your own skill level or questioned it. I merely pointed out how many things can/should be done when interrupted which a lot of players don't do because the majority of players you'll encounter aren't very good or fast at reacting, and quickly realized there was (in some cases) no point in me wasting any focus/attention on doing so against better players. Often enough, the engagement is determined by which side has more players around, or who got off the opening salvo.

I just wanted to point out your 1v1 experiences and the existence of weak interrupts of marginal value doesn't mean classes are properly balanced.