The Party Jawa

paulstarglider

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please make The Party Jawa available again either through cartel market or as a gift for long running subscribers.:)

No, please don't. Please don't create a precedent for making subscriber exclusive and date-exclusive things non-exclusive.

(And no, I don't have the Party Jawa. Shrug.)

Get over it already. The Party Jawa was an exclusive item to subscribers at the time. I don't have it either, but I do not want to steal it from someone who was subscribed at the right time when I wasn't. Just like people complaining about not having Nico or HK-55.

Having time-exclusive sub rewards is fine, but they shouldn't add achievements for them that are displayed and become a part of everyone's achievements, making a permanent hole for someone who might be a completionist for certain segments. Make the achievements exclusive to those who were granted the items so they are like the items themselves, exclusive, and could only be seen on those persons lists who had the reward. Just my opinion on the matter anyway.

just add a new different party jawa that works to complete the same achievments, old schoolers get to have what no one else can get and new people can get stuff too

This would be my thought as well. New item. Could be added as a new subscriber reward or as a cartel market purchase or as a reward in-game for some sort of crazy Jawa themed sidequest mission chain or whatever other way they can think up to make a new one available. But new item with the same concept and a completely different animation, and then just hook it up to the same achievement.

Get over it already. The Party Jawa was an exclusive item to subscribers at the time. I don't have it either, but I do not want to steal it from someone who was subscribed at the right time when I wasn't. Just like people complaining about not having Nico or HK-55.

Unless making the Party Jawa available for those who missed out for whatever reasons by removing it from the inventory of those who did get it, it's not stealing. Nothing is taken away from those who already have it beyond the usual "Forget You, Got Mine" attitude.

Unless making the Party Jawa available for those who missed out for whatever reasons by removing it from the inventory of those who did get it, it's not stealing. Nothing is taken away from those who already have it beyond the usual "Forget You, Got Mine" attitude.

There are plenty of people on these forums who do not have the party Jawa and recognize that making it available to those who do NOT qualify to receive it would have a negative impact on any future subscriber exclusive rewards and time specific rewards.

Not everyone feels entitled to have every shiny they see or want.

There are plenty of people on these forums who do not have the party Jawa and recognize that making it available to those who do NOT qualify to receive it would have a negative impact on any future subscriber exclusive rewards and time specific rewards.

I am one of those people who DO have the Party Jawa, and it is something that I use once in a while, too.

With pretty much all of the other Subscriber rewards, especially Nico Okarr because of the extension to his qualifying eligibility, my attitude is "you did not fulfill the requirements to qualify for the reward, so you don't get it. End of story."

But with the Party Jawa, there is an achievement on Tatooine that requires you to have that particular item ("That's Just Wrong" - kill 100 Jawas while partying with the Party Jawa), which means that players who subscribe and who have been subbing for several years cannot achieve 100% achievement completion.

To be clear, I do not think that the Party Jawa should be given out to people who did not qualify for it, because that would set a precedent relating to other subscriber rewards. But I do think that either the achievement should be removed or it should be broadened so that it works if you are in a group with someone who has the Party Jawa and they have it deployed. That then does not gate achievements behind the ownership of an unobtainable item.

I am one of those people who DO have the Party Jawa, and it is something that I use once in a while, too.

With pretty much all of the other Subscriber rewards, especially Nico Okarr because of the extension to his qualifying eligibility, my attitude is "you did not fulfill the requirements to qualify for the reward, so you don't get it. End of story."

But with the Party Jawa, there is an achievement on Tatooine that requires you to have that particular item ("That's Just Wrong" - kill 100 Jawas while partying with the Party Jawa), which means that players who subscribe and who have been subbing for several years cannot achieve 100% achievement completion.

To be clear, I do not think that the Party Jawa should be given out to people who did not qualify for it, because that would set a precedent relating to other subscriber rewards. But I do think that either the achievement should be removed or it should be broadened so that it works if you are in a group with someone who has the Party Jawa and they have it deployed. That then does not gate achievements behind the ownership of an unobtainable item.

I see nothing wrong with not being able to have 100% completion on all achievements.

I must have missed the memo or post in which BW promised that each and every player could have everything that ever was in the game, that is currently in the game or that ever will be in the game, including achievements.

There are other achievements that are no longer obtainable or are gated behind other subscriber exclusive rewards and there is nothing wrong with that.

I find it ironic when people claim to be "completionists", but only on their terms. Apparently not obtaining all the rewards for a given event (or for being a subscriber) doesn't affect their being a "completionist" if they do not want all the rewards. Tie an achievement to a reward that they CHOSE not to get and all heck breaks loose, though.

As I never mentioned entitlement, I'm not sure how that came up. From my perspective, I see nothing wrong with taking an old exclusive item and making some form of it available to others after enough time has passed. It takes nothing away from those who got it originally and paraded it about until they've gotten tired of it and barely use it much less delete it or throw it in the bank until they need to make space. With what subscriber exclusive stuff I have, I really wouldn't care if it was made available to others.

To me, it's all just pixels of varying use/entertainment value that will eventually be gone when the game eventually shuts down and nothing to really get worked up over who gets them or not.

I agree, it's 99.99999997% impossible to get the achievement "party crasher." Why not reintroduce this item seance many people still want it? Tons of cartel market items are just old armor reskins combined into one another.

Because

It

Was

An

Exclusive

Item

For

People

Who

Subscribed

At

The

Right

Time.

As I never mentioned entitlement, I'm not sure how that came up. From my perspective, I see nothing wrong with taking an old exclusive item and making some form of it available to others after enough time has passed. It takes nothing away from those who got it originally and paraded it about until they've gotten tired of it and barely use it much less delete it or throw it in the bank until they need to make space. With what subscriber exclusive stuff I have, I really wouldn't care if it was made available to others.

To me, it's all just pixels of varying use/entertainment value that will eventually be gone when the game eventually shuts down and nothing to really get worked up over who gets them or not.

You may never have said the word entitlement, but the attitude is there in many of the posts in this thread and others regarding this and similar topics.

Expecting, or even asking, BW to make an item that was a subscriber exclusive and/or time specific reward available to those that did NOT meet the criteria to receive that item falls squarely into the realm of "entitled attitude", IMO.

You may never have said the word entitlement, but the attitude is there in many of the posts in this thread and others regarding this and similar topics.

Expecting, or even asking, BW to make an item that was a subscriber exclusive and/or time specific reward available to those that did NOT meet the criteria to receive that item falls squarely into the realm of "entitled attitude", IMO.

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on this point because I'm still not seeing what the great insult is in allowing the sub rewards like this to be made available to others. If we were talking about something like the cartel coin stipend or something worked for like datacrons, then I can see keeping that for those who qualify. But the monthly subscriber tchotchkes that we get in the game mail that we have to sift through 20-40+ mails on a new character that we did nothing other than have free money to spend on a sub, I'm just not seeing it.

I Agree with the people that think the Party jawa should be like a really rare item like in this light/dark event box if there going to do it once a year like the night life event. this way People like me that want to 100% close every thing off there Lagacy then we can have a fair shake in Getting him. Also this will keep People subscibed for next year to try for him again if they didnt get him in the pack.

I Agree with the people that think the Party jawa should be like a really rare item like in this light/dark event box if there going to do it once a year like the night life event. this way People like me that want to 100% close every thing off there Lagacy then we can have a fair shake in Getting him. Also this will keep People subscibed for next year to try for him again if they didnt get him in the pack.

What would happen to BW's credibility regarding any future subscriber exclusive or time specific rewards?

There are numerous other achievements that are no longer obtainable. Even Nico Okarr has an achievement tied to him unless I am mistaken.

The party Jawa should remain as it is, exclusive to those that were subscribed at the appropriate time, IMO.

What would happen to BW's credibility regarding any future subscriber exclusive or time specific rewards?

Like the color crystals that are available to everyone now?

Or the rewards from the Chevren event?

Or early Nikko being only available to people that subbed by a certain date then another date then a 3rd (if i remember correctly)?

and there's probably more...

Gotta come up with something better than BW's 'credibility' that's already broken.