Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Drewser
01.11.2012 , 08:14 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by keepster View Post
Aw that's no way to be im not hating at all im really enjoying this
I am enjoying my luck tonight.

Drewser
01.11.2012 , 08:31 PM | #112
And another crit but only a 240 purple bioA and worthless grade 4 shielg gen schem.

Drewser
01.11.2012 , 08:59 PM | #113
Well, that's it for tonight.

Switched over to Biochem and Diplo.

Aesrei
01.12.2012 , 01:16 AM | #114
Slicing can be summed up pretty simply, really. At launch, the ROI was FAR too high, so it got slashed. They overcompensated. If we're lucky, the extended silence is because they've got a group of experienced actuaries and economists locked in a closet somewhere hammering out a new economy that'll be announced soon. After Tho Fan, I'm ready to believe Bioware would do damn near anything.

tobiashunter
01.12.2012 , 12:20 PM | #115
Personally here's adjustments I think that can be made that will keep slicing interesting. I know slicing can still make a profit.. but my Underworld trading my my main makes more money per hour than my slicer. (Mandalorian Iron selling on the GTN).

1) Add purple lock boxes, which are only available on a rare crit on Rich Missions or higher missions
2) Increase the chance of mission discovery return. This is actually one of the bigger selling points on Slicing.
3) Add green mission disoveries (Rich Yields, but of all items)

Just my opinion

Edit: I know RNG is RNG, and my slicer is only lvl 25, but I get MAYBE 1-2 mission discoveries per day... approximately, 40 missions.
The Force not only provides us strength, but also the wisdom that is needed to ensure our galaxy survive, our Republic, will survive.

http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/swt...?sig_id=147742

SunwindIon
01.12.2012 , 12:21 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
Let's get the obvious thing out of the way - slicing was giving too much money, and this needed to be corrected. A bug snuck through launch that resulted in some lockboxes giving out far more cash than our magic spreadsheets said they were supposed to give. The end result was that our economy was getting flooded with credits, which risks causing massive inflation in the economy. Players were abandoning other crafting skills for slicing which was causing the problem to feed on itself. Economic issues are tricky - once you let the horse out of the barn, it's pretty hard to coax it back in - and its important that the dev team jump on these issues as quickly as we can.

Once we corrected the issue, the math started to fall into line, which is to say the metrics of our economy started to match what we expected slicers to have. It's important to note that, while slicing was always meant to be a little more casual, and less wedded to the other crafting skills than the other gathering skills, it was never meant to be a Magic Money Machine. Slicing is still profitable, I promise - the metrics are showing that slicers still do quite well - but it's no longer profitable to the degree where you were a moron if you chose any other Crew Skill.

Are we done balancing? This being an MMO, you're never done balancing, and we will continue to monitor Slicing and the other endgame skills to ensure they are fulfilling their stated purpose inside the game mechanics, useful to the players who choose them, and healthy contributors to the economy as a whole. It is not unlikely that all Crew Skills will get further adjustments once the game and economy has matured and metrics points out a strong need. Once this happens, I promise we'll make a better effort to let players know the rationale of the changes we're making as we're making them.
on the subject of the fragile economy, when are we getting an update on whether or not the people using the split item stack at vendor bug banned?

Drewser
01.12.2012 , 01:10 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by tobiashunter View Post
Personally here's adjustments I think that can be made that will keep slicing interesting. I know slicing can still make a profit.. but my Underworld trading my my main makes more money per hour than my slicer. (Mandalorian Iron selling on the GTN).

1) Add purple lock boxes, which are only available on a rare crit on Rich Missions or higher missions
2) Increase the chance of mission discovery return. This is actually one of the bigger selling points on Slicing.
3) Add green mission disoveries (Rich Yields, but of all items)

Just my opinion

Edit: I know RNG is RNG, and my slicer is only lvl 25, but I get MAYBE 1-2 mission discoveries per day... approximately, 40 missions.
Point 2 would actually reduce the income you earn as a slicer. The market would again be flooded with missions and their prices would plummet.

tobiashunter
01.12.2012 , 01:16 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Drewser View Post
Point 2 would actually reduce the income you earn as a slicer. The market would again be flooded with missions and their prices would plummet.
Yes and No, unless the GTN interface is improved, people are still posting for whatever the GTN tells them is the recommended. Yes, people who sell 340's for 26K will lose money, but people who sell them for 4320 (base price) would make more money. (I stalk the GTN buying any of the ones listed at 4320 or less, even if I don't have any character with the skill).

Edit: I'm not saying drastic increase like every mission, I mean like a 5% increase.
The Force not only provides us strength, but also the wisdom that is needed to ensure our galaxy survive, our Republic, will survive.

http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/swt...?sig_id=147742

Symbiose
01.12.2012 , 01:19 PM | #119
I pick up $50 bills all day long..just lying around...I dont know what you chums are doing. If you need a ride to the bus station give me a shout, I got heated leather seats up in here.

Drewser
01.12.2012 , 01:25 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by tobiashunter View Post
Yes and No, unless the GTN interface is improved, people are still posting for whatever the GTN tells them is the recommended. Yes, people who sell 340's for 26K will lose money, but people who sell them for 4320 (base price) would make more money. (I stalk the GTN buying any of the ones listed at 4320 or less, even if I don't have any character with the skill).

Edit: I'm not saying drastic increase like every mission, I mean like a 5% increase.
Yeah, that is a great way to grab some easy creds. I routinely flip a few a day like that.