Master Mode Gear & Level Requirements

Bjond-Sain

The game only requires L70 to queue for MM FPs. This is fine for the easier FPs. However, I've been getting 70s and sub-306 DPS in the harder ones, like Nathema, Chiss, etc.. This has resulted in a failure every time until we replaced them with full 306 DPS.

It's wasted so much of my time recently, that I no longer even give sub-75 DPS a chance. If I see a sub-75 in the MM queue, I decline, ignore, and requeue. So, to avoid an auto-ignore, I'd urge DPS to reconsider using the GF for MM until L75 and don't queue full random until i306. Considering the number of fast declines I've been seeing in the MM queue, I suspect I'm not the only one punting all sub-L75 DPS.

BTW, this is only for DPS. I don't mind a sub-75 healer if they think they can cover the harder ones.

Seeing how MM flashpoints are thought to be one of the best ways to gear up, you're not apt to convince under-geared people to not join GF. You're going to just have to keep being a meanie and dropping group. 🙂

The only other way to avoid it is to join an active guild and only do guild, or buddy, groups.

It is unfortunate that there is such a range of difficulties in MM flashpoints. Some, like Hammer Station, you can practically do without even a healer, whereas most of the later ones require full 306 and some experience. There's no better a waste of time than having the group disband at the last boss in Nathema. 🙄

Edited by JediQuaker

The game only requires L70 to queue for MM FPs. This is fine for the easier FPs. However, I've been getting 70s and sub-306 DPS in the harder ones, like Nathema, Chiss, etc.. This has resulted in a failure every time until we replaced them with full 306 DPS.

It's wasted so much of my time recently, that I no longer even give sub-75 DPS a chance. If I see a sub-75 in the MM queue, I decline, ignore, and requeue. So, to avoid an auto-ignore, I'd urge DPS to reconsider using the GF for MM until L75 and don't queue full random until i306. Considering the number of fast declines I've been seeing in the MM queue, I suspect I'm not the only one punting all sub-L75 DPS.

BTW, this is only for DPS. I don't mind a sub-75 healer if they think they can cover the harder ones.

Unless there are specific checks, the idea that 306 is a magic number is pretty far off. I've been able to complete plenty of MM FPs with 72s and 73s as long as players are willing to listen when you explain the mechanics to them (actually, most of those players were obviously alts/returning players, because the tanks and healers were very knowledgeable). This includes Manaan, Tython, D7, etc.

On the other hand, let's be honest here, how many times have you wiped on Nathema, Umbara, Blood Hunt, Chiss MM, etc. even with a group of full 306? Those flashpoints are simply very hard for most groups unless everyone knows the mechanics and has the achievements for MM (this can be a better thing to look for than gear rating honestly.)

I agree with you that the higher MMs shouldn't be doable until max level of course, UNLESS the devs have balanced them around lvl 70 stats. I can't honestly say.

Honestly, I'm FAR more peeved with the devs over this than with under-prepared folk trying MM. Hammer/RR/etc are so easy in MM that L70 is absolutely no problem in there and that does nothing good for the queue: just encourages under-geared to think "oh, MM is easy, I can do anything!"

However, baring a game solution, it's on us as players to take action ourselves to ensure groups are successful. I'm not even sure what a game solution would look like. Perhaps tiers? Pansy, Fun, & Head-Banging? (I think those are the only modes FPs come in). They really need some reward:time ratio balancing as well.

If I could see that the pop-up is for Hammer or one of the pansy-FPs BEFORE I waste my time by accepting, I'd be happy bringing a new / returning L70. I generally like grouping with new folk and resent that the game has made it important to ignore them. Same thing for iRating. Need to see it and the destination before accepting.

Seeing how MM flashpoints are thought to be one of the best ways to gear up, you're not apt to convince under-geared people to not join GF. You're going to just have to keep being a meanie and dropping group. 🙂

The only other way to avoid it is to join an active guild and only do guild, or buddy, groups.

It is unfortunate that there is such a range of difficulties in MM flashpoints. Some, like Hammer Station, you can practically do without even a healer, whereas most of the later ones require full 306 and some experience. There's no better a waste of time than having the group disband at the last boss in Nathema. 🙄

yo thanks for the info it was really useful