The Shroud Revealed bugged

Axcalion

Hello

The mission The Shroud Revealed is currently bugged and you are not able to complete it, I've tried resetting the mission 2 times, it still doesn't work. After you destroy the turrets a bunch of droids is supposed to spawn, but they never do. So you cannot kill the droid inside the rayshield and thus cannot progress the quest, nor finish it.

Please fix this ASAP.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's buggy, but not incompletable. I've had some luck by walking back down the ramp to reset the fight and try again if things don't spawn properly or get stuck.

For the second wave (starts after turrets are destroyed), it also helps if everyone is near the middle of the turret area but not right next to the controls in the center.

On many attempts, I've had a few of the droids run into the shielded control area and then get stuck there. I think it should be inaccessible, but their pathing is weird when they spawn and they seem to ignore taunts if they are headed there. Most likely related to them not triggering at all..

On many attempts, I've had a few of the droids run into the shielded control area and then get stuck there. I think it should be inaccessible, but their pathing is weird when they spawn and they seem to ignore taunts if they are headed there. Most likely related to them not triggering at all..

This! I completed this mission about two or three weeks ago. What had been happening is that the droids from the shipping containers were getting stuck in the force field. Unclear if it was from knockbacks or pathing or both. We ran out of the area forcing a reset a few times and eventually managed to get a wave where none got trapped.

This mission tends to be very buggy if there are people in there who are not on the mission. Mobs sometimes won't spawn, panels and buttons can't be used, invisible barriers prevent those who don't have the mission from walking through doors, etc. Unfortunately, this mission expects, requires, demands four players and since very few people are doing this mission series anymore you will almost always have people in there who are not on the mission. BW, just make it solo-able already.

The bug described by the OP has been around for a long time but there is a workaround (just verified yesterday that it still works): once you reach the bugged minefield, go back out and reset the phase (not the mission). When you go back in you'll have to re-kill most of the trash mobs, but when you get to the droid there'll be an on-screen message saying something like "system reset" and then "escalating countermeasures" and the droids will start spawning.

But yeah, as others have said, also watch out for droids bugging out inside the ray shield; best have someone stand in front of it and immediately intercept any mobs going that way before they can get in there.

• 2 months later...

Resetting the phase did not help us.

But we did it differently. Three of us went in with a companion who could attack the droid behind the shield.

After the companion was set to passive, the droid got out of the shield and we were able to attack it.

After we defeated him, the shield went down and we could continue the mission normally

Edited by Wienerschnitzl

• 2 months later...
Resetting the phase did not help us.

But we did it differently. Three of us went in with a companion who could attack the droid behind the shield.

After the companion was set to passive, the droid got out of the shield and we were able to attack it.

After we defeated him, the shield went down and we could continue the mission normally

Want to say thanks for this tip. Took a few tries with different comps, but we finally got it with Treek.

• 2 weeks later...
This bug was originally posted 12/19/20. For people who are not successful at cycling through different companions and have been able to progress to the almost end of the mission after 2 hours, try it again and don't get it to work. etc. we would appreciate just a clean fix. I understand Bio Ware is short staffed right now but this is the only SW MMOG and it rocks and we hope to never see it end. Please get to the fix for all of us who have done all the macrobinocular missions and don't want to see all that effort go to waste, and prioritize as you are able, we know you need to stay in business and we want that too.