Seeking advice/consultation about the operations (how to begin).

Hi folks, since i couldn't find anything on this particular topic (neither here nor swtor.wikia nor torhead), i thought i might just ask =).

What's the current requirements for operations composition-wise? We currently play as a 4-man miniguild (IRL friends), a PT tank, SI healer, sniper and marauder DPSes. Obviously no difficulty managing flashpoints, but as we approach the endgame - there's a question of starting to raid. Obviously we'll need to recruit at least 4 another ppl for 8-man operations, and that's the first question -

1)How do the groups for 8-man (or 16-man for that matter) need to be composed? Does each need to be a separate independent strikeforce (tank-healer-dps), or should the 8-man function as a whole mostly (a tank group and a dps group for example?)

2)What's the "entry requirement" gear-wise? Should we first do some hard-mode flashpoints to get some gear, or can we start doing operations in the gear from non-hard flashpoints/custom (blue/orange/purple)?

3)What's the current situation in the raiding community, how do people cooperate (if any?). Do we have a realistic chance to join someone for an operation as a 4-man group (or find some1 to join us), to learn the mechanics et cetera, before recruiting people for our own raiding guild?

Thanks!)

Edited by Beermongerr

With the current tuning normal mode eternity vault up to the last boss is about the same as a hard mode flashpoint as far as difficulty goes. I would rate the last boss slightly harder than most hard mode bosses but not extremely difficult.

For group composition a second tank/healer/dps/dps 4 man group would work fine for all of the instance. An extra dps to swap out for the second tank on some bosses would be helpful to beat enrage timers. It can be done with one tank but some of the trash and the ancient pylons would prove more difficult.

As far as gear requirement, the whole thing can be done in oranges/blues as long as the mechanics are executed properly. The final boss might require a bit more gear as his enrage timer is a bit tighter than the others.

You might have a hard time finding another guild willing to take your group along at the moment, I would think a lot of guilds currently running this place still need the gear from bosses to gear out their own ops and would rather run with a full guild run, but talk around to the guilds on your server, you never know.

Edited by Delassa

I tanked EV normal mode in green/orange gear just 3 or 4 days after hitting 50. At that point I hadn't even managed to clear a full Heroic Flashpoint yet. I solo tanked all the trash and the bosses in the 8 man version. For the puzzle boxes a 2nd tank is useful but we had an Assassin just flip to dark charge and he had no issues on his side. I would probably focus right now on 2/3 healers 1 tank, and 4-5 dps with one of those dps's being able to offtank trash if necessary.