why isnt Manaan planet in this game?

quezcotl

• 2 months later...

There are tons of iconic planets BW can use. Naboo would be reasonable to have for a Republic-only or even cross-faction planet if BW was willing to design Gungans.

Manaan is also a good choice since the Selkath are already in the game. BW just needs to make up a reason for why there's a city still on Manaan, which isn't hard if one just says that the surviving Selkath rebuilt one.

A cross-faction section of Coruscant (feasible since the Black Hole section is a whole different map compared to the rest of Corellia) if the SWTOR story ever evolves in a way where the Sith attack Coruscant again would be nice and easily doable.

"Why isn't X planet in the game?" Answer: EXPANSIONS. Or patches, too.

This. If they had every planet in the galaxy available at launch there would be nothing to expand :eek:

Same thing can be said for races and classes

And Kamino is way the fark off in Wild Space, far beyond the frontier of settled regions. It's a bit like being in Louisiana Purchase-era North America, and wondering why nothing important to the US is happening on the West coast. Yes, it's there; and yes, some people are aware it's out there. Some Americans have even made the trip out there. But it's of no importance or consequence to anyone in "civilized" territory.

That is what Kamino is at this point in galactic history.

Edited by DigiFluid

Yes, it has. "Yeah, and I'm the queen of Naboo" has been said several times in the game, as a sarcastic line similar to, "Yeah, and I'm the Queen of Sheba."

Correct, though certainly not on any large scale. Yes there are the native Gungans, but the small human colony is only three centuries old at this point. And considering the planet has pretty much zero strategic value, nor any resources of note, I can't imagine how it would be of any interest in TOR.

Besides being able to mercilessly slaughter Gungans, I mean.

Edited by DigiFluid

I fully expect Manaan to be added in an expansion. They already have the Selkath models in-game, they already have an established story for it (neutral planet bombarded by the Sith Empire), it has a different environment from any other planet in the game thus far, and it is a former KOTOR world (which gives it an edge, of course). I would be surprised if they didn't take advantage of this. Edited by Ravager

• 7 months later...
I think Manaan has a lot of potential for future expansion. It would be a unique world unlike any others in the game up until now, and our being there would totally make sense. The Republic could be there to help the Selkath rebuild their cities while the Empire could be trying to extort them in some way for the kolto. I think it would be very cool to see this beautiful, strategically important, and politically unique planet come to TOR at some point or another.

Cause manaan sucks, most hated planet in Kotor.

**** those fish ppl! plus they said i could never come back lol

Bull! Manaan was awesome and unique. I would love to see it in TOR.

Would be really cool if they added Selkath as a playable race. Would love it!

You and me both. I've wanted them since launch. I don't think there is anything that says they CAN'T speak basic, is there?

• 7 months later...