Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jedi_riches
07.28.2017 , 11:11 AM | #581
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
You're on a roll today!
The idea here is to reduce the cost of buying a stronghold by using your investment in time to lower the overall acquisition cost versus paying the full pop with either Cartel Coins or credits. We thought, hey, let's try something new where an activity you'd do anyway, you could benefit from your efforts and obtain a key from a currency you automatically get by running the Flashpoint.

Unless we change it before release, 10x for Story/solo mode, or 6x for Veteran, or 3x for Master Mode will give you enough currency to buy the Key from the vendor. What I don't know, yet, is the reduction amount for credits or Cartel Coins. Soon as that gets finalized, we'll post it up.

Keith---
I assume that the new currency will be legacy wide, in that I don't have to run the solo mode with the same character 10x? So all my alts can progress their story while getting closer to getting the stronghold.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

Rheshalea
07.28.2017 , 11:16 AM | #582

Unless we change it before release, 10x for Story/solo mode, or 6x for Veteran, or 3x for Master Mode will give you enough currency to buy the Key from the vendor. What I don't know, yet, is the reduction amount for credits or Cartel Coins. Soon as that gets finalized, we'll post it up.

Keith---
Will this currency be Legacy bound? ...just want to make sure

Edit: Also, I wanted to say I like this idea, and I'm looking forward to a new FP and SH. Thank you for this!

Jerba
07.28.2017 , 11:24 AM | #583
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Follow-up to Master Mode Ops Drops - Based on your feedback from the discussion thread, we are planning to add Unassembled Components to Master Mode boss drops with GU 5.5.
So what happened to all the feedback for letting components drop in lower quantity from SM and VM bosses, maybe even flashpoints/uprisings? To me, it looks like you ignored all of the feedback and went back to your original plan, and you don't even put in the effort to get it fixed for 5.4.
Any week the gearing continues to be broken means fewer returning players. The gearing grind needs to be nerfed ASAP if you insist on not separating PvP from PvE gear. Why don't you understand this?

Jerba
07.28.2017 , 11:29 AM | #584
We thought, hey, let's try something new where an activity you'd do anyway, you could benefit from your efforts and obtain a key from a currency you automatically get by running the Flashpoint.
In my opinion, that's a bad idea. The player base is split into different subgroups, each with their own areas of interest. It is not the dev's decision what content players should play. Someone who is interested in strongholds only should not be forced to play flashpoints. Just like a progression raider should not be forced to PvP to upgrade his gear to 248.
You will only create animosity by forcing players into different content. There's nothing wrong with encouraging players to try out different content, but outright forcing them by locking their favorite content behind other content is wrong.

DarthSpuds
07.28.2017 , 11:31 AM | #585
You're on a roll today!
The idea here is to reduce the cost of buying a stronghold by using your investment in time to lower the overall acquisition cost versus paying the full pop with either Cartel Coins or credits. We thought, hey, let's try something new where an activity you'd do anyway, you could benefit from your efforts and obtain a key from a currency you automatically get by running the Flashpoint.

Keith---
Keith.

I understand what you are doing.
Problem is you (Bioware) haven't (outside of starter / 2nd planets in class stories) delivered any content at all I actually "want" to play 10 times over.

I applaud the intent of trying some something new; just not this implementation.

You already have a (somewhat abandoned) mechanism for unlocking things like Strongholds.
It's called "Reputation".

So for New Planet - New Faction = new reputation meter.
Reach X Reputation with Faction A get the "Basic" SH.
Reach Y Reputation with Faction A get the "Intermediate" SH.
Reach Z Reputation with Faction A get the "Deluxe" SH.

Basic SH = Entry Area, Reception Room, Two Side Rooms, x Hooks.
Intermediate = As Above + Executive Suite, Outdoor Area, +1 Side Room 2x Hooks (Total).
Deluxe = As Above + 2nd Executive Suite, Landing Platform, +1 Side Room 3x Hooks (Total).

Have the Rep earned via a quest chain, with each "check point" in the quest chain and / or Rep level unlocking a repeatable daily.
Maybe even go so far as to have that Deluxe SH Unlock dependent on completing a Flashpoint.

So the content drop then includes: Story Driven Quest Chain (Soloable or Group), Daily Quests associated with the Quest Chain, Group Content at end of Quest Chain, AND an unlockable Stronghold that requires progressive Rep based unlocks. Throw in a new Rep Vendor with Deco's that can be purchased with Faction Specific Tokens that drop within the "new content".

Solo Content? Check!
Repeatable Daily Content? Check!
Group Content? Check!
Stronghold? Check!

Everyone is happy.

Heck, I've just given you a blueprint for every significant content drop you do from now on.

I'd go further, spread that content drop over two or three patches. Add in a new PvP Zone based on the "new content" and maybe even throw in a GSF mission as well.

Each year could see a new planet, with a story arc, and new PvP and PvE content.

What do we get?
One flashpoint that we have to play over and over just to earn the privilege of paying Credits or CC to unlock a SH that probably won't even be up to Manaan's lacklustre standards.

You see the difference in vision?
You understand how that difference will feed through to player happiness and retention?

PS: Any chance you are going to make TK Sage viable again?

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

JediJoy
07.28.2017 , 11:40 AM | #586
Quote: Originally Posted by dontbeswg View Post

That's fine, I'm assuming your group doesn't clear content because if it does then you're lying. Ultimately you are going to have to confront someone about their play, and if you do... not all cases will be successful because;

So feel free to judge me but I've been at this as long as anyone left, I'm just too tired to deal with pleasantries.

I agree that people can always be nicer, but just because you're nice doesn't mean the problems go away, and for you to say we only accept nice people and get S&^* done is full of S&^*.
First, your accusation claiming that nice people cant complete raids is utter bs. The guild I run has two active hm/nim progression raid groups who are successfully clearing content. We do not allow disrespectful, elitist, drama focused players in our guild. We have a great community of mature adults who encourage and help each other daily. And yet we are (gasp) able to clear content (gasp)!

Second, this is NOT the real world. This is a game where we all pay a monthly subscription to disassociate from our real world problems. I do not want to log on to have someone bash and belittle me or any other player.

Third, you are associating criticism with bashing, they should not be one in the same. Criticism is where you take someone aside and show them there is a better way to play their class and give them tips of how they can better perform. Bashing is where you berate someone for doing such a lousy job and humiliate them in public. Criticism is good for the player and the team they are on; bashing is NEVER ok.

Fourth, it saddens me to see a founder so bitter about this game and the people in it. I know sometimes it feels like this game is dying and it doesnt help when you see friends leave for another game. But I can assure you that this game is not dead, give Keith time and he will bring it back to its glory days. The servers are not all dead, and yes there is more than just one active server; just look at the conquest scores on all the different servers (EU and American). If you are comparing the servers to launch, you cant; every MMO starts off with twice as many servers during launch.

Fifth, I saw you list a few of the other MMO's and that they dont have a lot of raid content compared to wow. You are forgetting that they havent been out for near as long as wow and that some of them just dont focus on end game. Final Fantasy is still new and yet they are already expanding their end game and raid content; rumor has it their raid content exceeds WoW's. Just curious, have you ever been truly involved in active guilds/clans in the other MMO's or just did the solo side, pugging your way through group content?
"You canít stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting." Shmi Skywalker
Referral

commanderwar
07.28.2017 , 11:41 AM | #587
You're on a roll today!

Keith---
I love this idea gives me another reason to play FP many times. looking forward to the stronghold, flashpoint and bolster
here's my refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/QWYrwx

frosttj
07.28.2017 , 11:50 AM | #588
Call me excited there is something I can get without having to credit farm or purchase with CCs. I like it.

Toraak
07.28.2017 , 11:55 AM | #589
Will the unassembled component change for PvP dailies/weeklies affect the GSF dailies/weeklies Eric?

I ask, because some of us Diehard GSF players avoid ground PvP as much as possible. (i've avoided it for at least 2 months), and want to continue upgrading our raid gear, so this change may affect us.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

xmarcusprimex
07.28.2017 , 11:56 AM | #590
You're on a roll today!

Keith---
Yes, but (pardon that I have asked a few times as have others and not gotten a response) WHAT is the stronghold? Is it just a train, or is the train part of a larger stationary stronghold? Please just let us know that much.