Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kiradcattan
07.28.2017 , 12:57 AM | #541
Does this mean there is LIFE after taking the Eternal Throne? Please say yes.

Tsillah
07.28.2017 , 01:00 AM | #542
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiradcattan View Post
I personally hope that there will be a completely new direction in the story that takes us out of this silly Zakuul stuff and allows us to go straight from the ending of SoR to that new direction. I'll be happy to carry on being able to ignore KotFE and KotET and move on from it.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

Kiradcattan
07.28.2017 , 01:08 AM | #543
I kind of liked going through those two. Then again, I loved the cinematics and had a fun time tweaking Arcan's nose... and watching Vaylin loose it every time she didn't get her way. LOL. Have to admit, I prefer NOT choosing the Emperor/Empress speech and doing the "Let's all get along " speech for the ending. heeheh

DarthSpuds
07.28.2017 , 02:37 AM | #544
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I personally hope that there will be a completely new direction in the story that takes us out of this silly Zakuul stuff and allows us to go straight from the ending of SoR to that new direction. I'll be happy to carry on being able to ignore KotFE and KotET and move on from it.
I hope we wake in our apartment on Coruscant / Dromond Kaas and the whole KotFE/KotET/Iokath garbage has been a bad dream.

Make it so that it has been an "implanted dream" from our respective factions, as a warning of what may happen unless "Our Side" wins the current Empire/Republic conflict quickly and decisively and let us get back to playing Star Wars; all this Keeping Up With The Valkorions rubbish has gone on far, far too long.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

MeNaCe-NZ
07.28.2017 , 02:50 AM | #545
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiradcattan View Post
I would almost prefer there weren't and they tried something else with some fresh characterization.

Well unless they can actually get out of the corner they've written themselves into to make our main toons that did get through KotET interesting again.

MeNaCe-NZ
07.28.2017 , 02:52 AM | #546
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
I hope we wake in our apartment on Coruscant / Dromond Kaas and the whole KotFE/KotET/Iokath garbage has been a bad dream.

Make it so that it has been an "implanted dream" from our respective factions, as a warning of what may happen unless "Our Side" wins the current Empire/Republic conflict quickly and decisively and let us get back to playing Star Wars; all this Keeping Up With The Valkorions rubbish has gone on far, far too long.

All The Best
Lol yeah "defeat the Republic or you will have an eternity of Keeping up with the Valkorians in store!". Not sure about my main toon but I would be doing everything possible to win that conflict to avoid that fate.

Eshvara
07.28.2017 , 04:48 AM | #547
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post

All The Best
Such bad writing for it all to be a dream, no thanks!
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

MeNaCe-NZ
07.28.2017 , 04:57 AM | #548
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Such bad writing for it all to be a dream, no thanks!
Yet the "all a dream" part would be a highlight of the writing quality in the long tun.
It was fun yes, it was interesting but compared to every and all story that came before ... it was sub-par and left no room to really head anywhere on the back of it all.

Eshvara
07.28.2017 , 05:03 AM | #549
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
Yet the "all a dream" part would be a highlight of the writing quality in the long tun.
It was fun yes, it was interesting but compared to every and all story that came before ... it was sub-par and left no room to really head anywhere on the back of it all.
Changing what people see as bad writing with writing that is worse isn't really an improvement, even if it's a convenient setup for some situations. I remember how upset some people were when Arthas died, but it turned out ok. While WoW does seem like it has a lot more to work with and they did have villains left, The lich king was a pretty big deal. If the writers at bioware want to, they can figure something out, there is no end to creativity.
But a bad dream really, really is a poor cop out.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Thruine
07.28.2017 , 06:38 AM | #550
Well, if they went the bad dream route, I'd be gone. I don't know exactly how long those have been out but if you're still here then it can't have been that bad of an experience. But just erasing it would be like way back on Corelia if the Republic had actually won the war, the Empire was completely defeated or destroyed. Plus the Emperor was really killed with no magical survival escape. All Imperial characters must plead their case before Seresh (or however you spell it... the woman in charge at the time), do some clean up work for the Republic or have only those PvP skills you get in legacy for attacks. Punching and jabbing might be fun. Unfortunately, she still doesn't trust you so you only get practice sabers... everyone who isn't put to death like all the bounty hunters. Just because you didn't enjoy all of it you want to ruin everyone's else experience so lets really ruin people's experiences. On the Republic side, the Jedi seem to have been wiped out so no one seems to have a connection to the force and they all become their crafting skill title (Jedi Consular to Biochemist maybe just Archeologist) to survive. But, it seems we lost our ship too so now we have to perform five missions for the spaceport operator just to get a chance to travel one way. Most of your day will be just doing these tasks because the clues to finding the Jedi are on different worlds. The secret is, you can never find them. Fun!

Yeah, I vote no to all a dream solutions.