The BattleZone! Demo Match: 4-way Brawl

Aurbere

Ok I assume you are talking about, Revitalize right? Because looking at the guide, her power list doesn't show her to have that ability. (Unless it's in another guide.)

Even then the ability only lists to dealing with wounds, exhaustion or unconsciousness.

It's not listed she has that ability and even if she does, that isn't gonna help when a death blow comes upon Malgus and yeah she may bring him back but why? More to that, why would she even help him anyway? This is a 4 way fight and I don't think Malgus would take her help anyhow, they are all fighting against eachother. Plus she is really gonna waste time with helping Malgus out during all this? I don't think so.

Because malgus is the easy one to kill?

Malgus' shatterpoint would be his weakness in respect to Force Drain, she'd realise he's the only one she could best one to one, without Vader or Kun receiving serious injury. She'd help Malgus because she has to if she wants to win.

And it's listed as an ability, I think it's called Essence Transfer, or something along those lines. Maybe Vital transfer? Might be Vital transfer, I'd have to check and I can't be bothered waking people at the moment :p

Either way, the power is listed in the guidebook which details each individual power, as being the ability to transfer her life or Force essence into another being.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malgus' shatterpoint would be his weakness in respect to Force Drain, she'd realise he's the only one she could best one to one, without Vader or Kun receiving serious injury. She'd help Malgus because she has to if she wants to win.

And it's listed as an ability, I think it's called Essence Transfer, or something along those lines. Maybe Vital transfer? Might be Vital transfer, I'd have to check and I can't be bothered waking people at the moment :p

Either way, the power is listed in the guidebook which details each individual power, as being the ability to transfer her life or Force essence into another being.

Just should note..... Vader has Shatter point as well.

Edit: also i put forth my final arguement already Aub so any time :)

Edited by tunewalker

Dark Transfer you mean.

Also helping Malgus is just going to weaken and distract her, she isn't gonna be able to keep up if she is halving herself by sharing her power with another even if that. All that is gonna do, is leave herself more open to being killed and why would the 3 ignore her anyway?

What are they just gonna ignore her and do nothing? That isn't smart.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Dark Transfer you mean.

Also helping Malgus is just going to weaken and distract her, she isn't gonna be able to keep up if she is halving herself by sharing her power with another even if that. All that is gonna do, is leave herself more open to being killed and why would the 3 ignore her anyway?

What are they just gonna ignore her and do nothing? That isn't smart.

Yeh but it's not called Dark Transfer, and I don't know why they made the distinction.

Again, Concealing herself in the force, there's nothing to say she can't do both.

And it doesn't matter if it weakens, her, as long as she can Force Drain at the end.

Yeh but it's not called Dark Transfer, and I don't know why they made the distinction.

Again, Concealing herself in the force, there's nothing to say she can't do both.

And it doesn't matter if it weakens, her, as long as she can Force Drain at the end.

Concealing herself isn't gonna work here, because of the place they are all fighting in which is just a 10 meter mound, plus Force Concealment is very taxing anyway and plus none of the combatants here are stupid enough that she can just hide away from them anyway in plain sight especially if all of them know that there are 4 opponents around.

At any rate, I don't see Malgus lasting very long anyhow, all Traya doing is just gonna be wasting her energy trying to keep Malgus up.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Concealing herself isn't gonna work here, because of the place they are all fighting in which is just a 10 meter mound, plus Force Concealment is very taxing anyway and plus none of the combatants here are stupid enough that she can just hide away from them anyway in plain sight.

At any rate, I don't see Malgus lasting very long anyhow.

Uhh, they start on a 10m round Mound in a vast wasteland, don't they Aurbere?

As for force concealment, she's never shown it to be taxing, and of course, because everyone's in battle she can conceal herself my invading their minds instead.

Vader and Kun aren't exactly going to team up, they'll be fighting so vigorously that Malgus could survive.

Uhh, they start on a 10m round Mound in a vast wasteland, don't they Aurbere?

As for force concealment, she's never shown it to be taxing, and of course, because everyone's in battle she can conceal herself my invading their minds instead.

Vader and Kun aren't exactly going to team up, they'll be fighting so vigorously that Malgus could survive.

That isn't gonna work because Vader himself has shown to have some telepathy feats himself aswell as a strong mind so he could very well find her. Kun I'm recalling be the same way and yes Force Concealment is a taxing technique.

Well neither are Malgus and Traya ya know, they certainly wouldn't team up and I don't think Traya would bother herself with helping him anyway that doesn't seem like her at all.

This whole thing here seems to be banking on that Malgus would survive long enough to be the last one standing, which I don't see happening here. Sure he may last, but he isn't gonna be the last one.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

that doesn't seem like her at all.

Then you don't know Traya at all.

She built Sion into one of the greatest Jedi Slayers in the galaxy, one of the most powerful men, knowing full well she was going to kill him in the end.

Then you don't know Traya at all.

She built Sion into one of the greatest Jedi Slayers in the galaxy, one of the most powerful men, knowing full well she was going to kill him in the end.

No I know, but this is a battle and she had a plan for Sion and building up a powerbase to reintroduce the Sith and take out the Jedi.

It is not the same thing here, here....Malgus isn't some pawn of Traya, he is going to go after and try to kill her just the same as the other 2 would.

Why would Traya help someone that is trying to kill her in a fight?

But again...I don't see Malgus lasting that long anyway.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Interesting matchup. Very interesting. I have to say though that this idea that Traya can heal Malgus is impossible, Force Healing may be a benevolent power yes, but it can be used to do as much harm as good, and ultimately it is a Force power. Now I say this because that effectively means that Traya can't heal Malgus if his Force Barriers are raised, which they most obviously will be. And if she somehow managed to break them healing him is the last thing she'd do. I expect the same applies for vital transfer etc. these things simply can't be done if the subject is unwilling.

I'd also point out that despite Vader's extensive telepathic abilities, it seems unlikely that he'll be able to sense Traya at all if she chooses to conceal himself. I say this because Traya was able to conceal her presence from the Jedi Council, despite being in plain sight. She didn't even used Force Concealment, she stood right in front of them, she even spoke in their presence, and they paid her no heed. Partially because by having the Force stripped from her she became even more difficult to see than before. I'd say she could use that in combat, but it would likely be too taxing.

So... anybody? OK. Well how about this, maybe if I tell you how Vader is going to die first people might get interested.

Heh, heh heh.

Anyway, I think its more likely that Vader as opposed to Malgus will be Traya's target. Not only is he the greater threat, but his suit, a mechanized piece of equipment with deliberate design flaws is going to be riddled, and I mean riddled with shatterpoints. So lets say in the midst of the battle, after locating Vader's shatterpoint, Traya conceals herself, she then waits for the opportune moment when Vader has his guard down and/or is distracted then strikes with a powerful, charged gout of the most potent Force Lightning she can muster at the weakest point in his suit.

The effects will be devastating.

In the instance that his rebreather is hit, he'll be unable to well, breath. Or maybe she'll hit that chest computer and shut down his circulatory system, cut off blood to his body, or maybe he'll lose all his senses, his sight, hearing etc., maybe his nerves will be scrambled, making him unable to control his body or maybe his limbs will short circuit, maybe the entire suit will short circuit and just switch off. He could be crippled in a dozen different ways.

But the conclusion will be the same, Vader will be exposed and vulnerable. In the worst case he'll be struck down there and then either by Traya or whoever he was engaging, these guys don't waste time, they are lethal and fast and if they see an opening they will take it. At best Vader will hold out for a while longer, but he'll inevitable die.

It pains me to say this because Vader is one of my favourite characters, but he's probably going to wind up last place.

...Well, go on then. Come at me! :p

Vader has his guard down or distracted? Sounds legit...But anyway he survived for at least 10-15 min after eating a full load of Palp's lightning, Traya won't even tickle.
He's caught up in the midst of a four way brawl against two extremely deadly fighters, I'd call that a distraction. It can be as simple as a saber block or perhaps as he's executing a dodge. Any situation where is attention and actions are focused on the enemies he can see, not the one he can't see i.e. concealed by the Force.

And Vader was hardly in a condition to fight was he? He couldn't even stand without assistance. That is exactly the sort of state he'll be killed in. That and it wasn't even a "full load" but a series of stray sparks. Regardless you forget that Traya will use Shatterpoint to attack his most vulnerable spot, she'll bypass his suit's defenses completely.

Bearing in mind that unconcentrated bursts of Galen Marek's lightning were enough to cripple Vader as well. Actually if I remember correctly Marek zapped him at a weak spot caused by damage to his suit.

Edited by Beniboybling

He's caught up in the midst of a four way brawl against two extremely deadly fighters, I'd call that a distraction. It can be as simple as a saber block or perhaps as he's executing a dodge. Any situation where is attention and actions are focused on the enemies he can see, not the one he can't see i.e. concealed by the Force.

And Vader was hardly in a condition to fight was he? He couldn't even stand without assistance. That is exactly the sort of state he'll be killed in. That and it wasn't even a "full load" but a series of stray sparks. Regardless you forget that Traya will use Shatterpoint to attack his most vulnerable spot, she'll bypass his suit's defenses completely.

Bearing in mind that unconcentrated bursts of Galen Marek's lightning were enough to cripple Vader as well. Actually if I remember correctly Marek zapped him at a weak spot caused by damage to his suit.

Reminder... vader has shatter point......

It did, but really Vader wasn't really interested in fighting anyway and he had to concentrate a full blast to the suit in that spot. Though were just gonna assume that the other 3 are complete ******* and just going to ignore the fact that someone had left the battle completely? Even when the starting distance has them all visible to one another?

Jeez folks, you guys act as is this Force concealment crap is some instant win thing. When in a fight, has Force Concealment actually been used? Why would someone tax themselves heavily just to try and ambush an opponent? Even when if you know, other Force Users can sense attacks and be able to defend themselves.

In fact actually, Vader already has dealt with disappearing opponents. Need I remind you of the Dark Woman?

Reminder... vader has shatter point......

?? Vader doesn't have shatterpoint.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It did, but really Vader wasn't really interested in fighting anyway and he had to concentrate a full blast to the suit in that spot. Though were just gonna assume that the other 3 are complete ******* and just going to ignore the fact that someone had left the battle completely? Even when the starting distance has them all visible to one another?

Jeez folks, you guys act as is this Force concealment crap is some instant win thing. When in a fight, has Force Concealment actually been used? Why would someone tax themselves heavily just to try and ambush an opponent? Even when if you know, other Force Users can sense attacks and be able to defend themselves.

I'm not going to get into the details there, just demonstrating that you don't need to be Darth Sidious to down Vader, and that attacking weak spots in his armor has a crippling effect.

Anyway what exactly are they going to do? First lets be clear that if Traya takes the time to perceive Vader's shatterpoint while visible, her time invisible will be severely reduced. We are talking minutes, if not seconds, all she has to do if wait for Vader to get caught up in the battle then move herself into place. The others won't exactly in a position to mount a search party, all they can do is keep aware. But that won't be any help because Traya will be masking her presence in the Force as well making her impossible to predict. Again, there is little they can do.

Maris Brood used it extensively in her fight against Marek, and to great effect. And really in a four way duel were distractions are in abundance it would be foolish to not use such a technique to gain the advantage.

I'm not going to get into the details there, just demonstrating that you don't need to be Darth Sidious to down Vader, and that attacking weak spots in his armor has a crippling effect.

Anyway what exactly are they going to do? First lets be clear that if Traya takes the time to perceive Vader's shatterpoint while visible, her time invisible will be severely reduced. We are talking minutes, if not seconds, all she has to do if wait for Vader to get caught up in the battle then move herself into place. The others won't exactly in a position to mount a search party, all they can do is keep aware. But that won't be any help because Traya will be masking her presence in the Force as well making her impossible to predict. Again, there is little they can do.

Maris Brood used it extensively in her fight against Marek, and to great effect. And really in a four way duel were distractions are in abundance it would be foolish to not use such a technique to gain the advantage.

Bearing in mind Beni, that Vader only has been damaged by Force Lighting when his suit was damaged. I'm not saying that someone needs to be Sidious, but there is an awful lot of stock being placed in a few particular abilities that aren't just going to work.

Why is there little they can do? Malgus sure, but Vader hhas shown to have great TP/sensory feats to why can't he sense her? Vader has already dealt with the Dark Woman who disappeared on him, so if he takes note of Traya disappearing I don't think he would be caught off guard(which he normally really isn't).

Ok she did but that was during in-game, meaning it wasn't something shown as actual canon. Unless the novel actually depicts her using Force cloak in her combat with Galen, then that is a moot point.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Bearing in mind Beni, that Vader only has been damaged by Force Lighting when his suit was damaged. I'm not saying that someone needs to be Sidious, but there is an awful lot of stock being placed in a few particular abilities that aren't just going to work.

Why is there little they can do? Malgus sure, but Vader hhas shown to have great TP/sensory feats to why can't he sense her? Vader has already dealt with the Dark Woman who disappeared on him, so if he takes note of Traya disappearing I don't think he would be caught off guard(which he normally really isn't).

Ok she did but that was during in-game, meaning it wasn't something shown as actual canon. Unless the novel actually depicts her using Force cloak in her combat with Galen, then that is a moot point.

In your opinion, shatterpoint hasn't failed Traya before and it won't fail her here, its the perfect power for her to use if she wants to rip straight through his defenses by targeting its vulnerabilities, of which there are many.

As I said before, Traya has stood in front of Jedi Council members, talked in their presence, and they have not seen her. Her abilities are incredibly potent, and while Vader's telepathic abilities are impressive, they are not at the same level of mastery are her concealment powers, nor does he have the luxury of concentration.

She has the means, motive and opportunity, the burden of proof is on you I'm afraid.