Powertech needs a better interrupt....

Labradoraki

The current interrupt takes heat aka the resource that is limited!!! while most classes can use an interrupt for nothing or something insanely small like little force.... The problem expect the resource cost is that it only has 4m range while many melee interrupts are in 10m range....

they need to buff the interrupt to 10 m range to work with most of powertech skills

the interupt range is fine L2P issue, but the OP has a point when it comes to the cost of resource.

A sentinel for example only needs 1 focus to use an interupt. 8 heat for an interupt is a bit to high.

A sentinel has 12 focus, 1 focus is 1/12. BH has 100 heat, 8x12=96. Seems fine to me.

Dont try to compare a class that actively gets resources vs a class that passively gets resources at different rates due to the heat percentage

This is true, heat is not a linear system as the more you have the slower it dissipates.

However PT interrupt is fine.

6 sec cd interrupt with 4 sec lockout means you can permanently lockout a 2+ sec induction ability.

Edited by Jestunhi

It does NOT need a better interupt.

I also play as vanguard, and if you spec into it, you have a 6 second interupt.

Operatices and Smugglers are on 12 second, and I believe same is for others.

Vangaurds and powertechs have it on 8 second by default.

In our defensive tree we do have the option to jump the targets, just like jedis does.

Not to mention, the class is a hybrid range/melee class.

Not to mention, you DO already have harpoon pull.

So lets look shall wel

Harpoon pull: Interupts and pulls target to you

Cry nade, 4 second stun

Riot Strike: 8 sec cd interupt, (6 seconds with talents)

Storm: Jump to target AND interupt them

Powertechs and Vanguards are among the best class in this game, they are spot on balanced, more on the border of overpowered then anything else.

Giving them a ranged interupt WOULD be overpowered.

For the OP. No, you need to learn to play the class better, or go into the trees that focus more on melee.

If you want to go assault or imp equivalent, for ranged dps, that is YOUR choice.

This class should not, and never will I hope, get a ranged interupt. Its already a great class: in able hands.

Its already a great class: in able hands.

Red color is the sole reason why OP keeps making more and more "I NEED L2P, but I wont acknowledge it, instead I call for endless nerfs/buffs to all fine and balanced abilities" threads.

ABLE HANDS! OP does not have it and is unable to get a hang of it.

Also, apparently he have all classes at 50 and geared for PvP yet he can't play any of them as everything he posts is "I have X class, it have Y(usually most useful or plain OP skill) aiblity that needs buff because (some silly reason going down to him needing to get gear better then his quest greens or having to L2P and get proper spec)".

If OP was to spend as much time playing as he is crying rivers of tears on pvp forums where he do not belongs with his extremely low skill then he might have actually a slight chance to improve on that close to 0 skill.

*note to overzealous mods as OP will report me for not agreeing with him: I'm not trying to insult him, no point in that anyway, I'm stating a hard fact that comes out of his post history, reasoning and complete denial when it comes to people giving him advises*

Edited by Lerdoc

• 9 months later...
I jumped into a WZ on my lvl 11 BH and couldn't be killed by anything XD No deaths the whole wz, best dmg, and I just spammed 3 attacks.

Well, 4 when railshot proc'd.

yeah, pyrotech is still beast ...

and why ppl need interupt? its oldfashion pve ability... stun every 10 secs, bubble stun, ppl throw seismic grenades and you have time to interupt something??

the best interupt btw is smash :p