Well, Server Transfers Have a Goal Date

JaceMatai

Eric has stated that Server Transfers will have a goal release date of June 11th (Subject to Change). And curiosity killed the guy with 8 cats, I guess, but who will be leaving? What toons, what server, ect? Again, just curious.

I myself will be abandoning the Harbinger. I just don't like that it's usually the server with the most downtime. Not sure where I will go though.

The Harbringer is prob, the most populated server, the most active community (double as many threads + posts than any server forums)... PvE is competitive, not only WorldWide with top guilds, but between server, we have 4-6 great guilds i know would be top or great competition in any server (most servers have 1 guild... max 2... the rest sucks)... and Random PvE is good... PvP Qs are quick, Group finder since it has biggest population, its better than the rest. the only point i would see of people leaving is friends or Hardcore PvPers wanting to go to the competition in the Bastion probably... i see A LOT of players coming to harbringer community as well

I can tell you 'most' of the PvP'ers will be going to the Bastion. Which will make the carebear PvE'ers rejoice.

After transfers happen, I will be prepared with my four-person premade to roll all of the remaining Harbinger population in Warzones. That is until I finish my daily. :cool:

The Harbringer is prob, the most populated server, the most active community (double as many threads + posts than any server forums)... PvE is competitive, not only WorldWide with top guilds, but between server, we have 4-6 great guilds i know would be top or great competition in any server (most servers have 1 guild... max 2... the rest sucks)... and Random PvE is good... PvP Qs are quick, Group finder since it has biggest population, its better than the rest. the only point i would see of people leaving is friends or Hardcore PvPers wanting to go to the competition in the Bastion probably... i see A LOT of players coming to harbringer community as well

I'd imagine that BW would add some restrictions to the transfer process to prevent situations like under-populating servers. It would be quite crowded if The Harbinger became the only PvE server.

From talking to pvp'ers on the republic side, it seems that about 65-70% of them are leaving to the bastion. Im heading to the bastion too. Im sure a good republic pve percentage of players are heading to the bastion too or jedi covenant. On the Imp side, it seems that every pvp guild is heading to the bastion. Edited by angel_dust

See when I was selecting my server, I was new to MMOs. So I had no idea what PvP or PvE or RP or West Coast or East coast meant. When I logged in, soon after I learned, but I did not care at the time. Now I know I like RP and PvE better, plus I am East Coast. And for those reasons, I will be transferring to somewhere.

If I took this game more seriously than my "log on and kill n00bs with 3 friends after long day at work" then i'd consider moving but lets get real, it's going to be around $30 to move 1 character meaning if you don't move at least 4 you lose your buffs etc and now youre looking at a large investment.

Yeah it doesn't take long to level but my investment is over, this game isn't worth $100. Unfortunately i feel that once server xfers are avail, the WZ's will be a ghost town here.

I'll stick to League of Legends for my competitive gaming itch and use this game as my super casual "play and look at my female characters nice butt game." Unfortunately I think WZ's will be a pipe dream here post moves which will eventually end it for me, PvE in this game is just horrible to me and i've determined that if I was paid $125/hour for my time spent in operations and flashpoints I probably still wouldn't do them.

Edited by DesmoLegacy

Buffs are tied to legacy, so if your legacy moves server then you keep you buffs

I just have a feeling they will **** this up. My take, they allow individual character moves for around $25-30 per. I then think that once they are moved they are broken from existing legacy and recreated into new legacy on new server.

It would be nice if there was a package deal to move your entire legacy but I doubt it.

Legacy moved with the previous bunch of forced transfers, and I had no problem going from my origin US pvp server to the Aus one. Funnily enough my legacy level at the time also transferred to the Bastion.

What may be the problem is all the achievements and other crap they have added recently

They should just put cross server PVP. problem solved. suck *** bioware.

Cuz I have toons that I want both PVP and PVE. But I wouldn't go to Bastion just for PVP because the best place to PVE is still here on Harbinger.

Edited by seektravota

They should just put cross server PVP. problem solved. suck *** bioware.

Cuz I have toons that I want both PVP and PVE. But I wouldn't go to Bastion just for PVP because the best place to PVE is still here on Harbinger.

This would be best, sad they can't seem to figure out how to do it.

This would be best, sad they can't seem to figure out how to do it.

They know exactly how to do it and have since launch. The technology isn't leaps and bounds ahead of what they're capable of, they (EA) just knows they can make a buck on this so they'll tell BW to play dumb so they can rake in the cash.