Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should I Re-Roll?

xArchitekk
01.29.2012 , 06:36 PM | #1
I have a level 30 Guardian that uses a tank/dps-ish build. I do alright in pvp, but the real problem is the story missions. Although I am a tank, I die very easily. Plus Guardian isn't that fun for me for some reason.

So what I am considering is deleting my Guardian to create a Sentinel. Sentinel seems a lot more fun to have two lightsabers and push out a ton of damage before the enemy can put significant damage on you.

Is Sentinel a fun class to play? And in pvp or pve, are they effective in combat? I would like to know before I make a mistake and waste time making a new jedi. thanks.

Kaspel
01.29.2012 , 06:55 PM | #2
No matter what advanced class you play, JK leveling is about as fun as the old testament until you get Doc.

Or so I'm told. The theory is sound, anyway. JK has no self healing, doesn't solo well without a healer companion. Simple.

And sentinels are even squishier.

AngusFTW
01.29.2012 , 07:08 PM | #3
Sentinel IS a fun class to play once you master it.
Don't think for a second its going to be easier though.
Also sentinels can do a tad of healing as a watchman spec especially if you pop zen but no its mainly just a side effect of burns once you get the ability.

xArchitekk
01.29.2012 , 07:28 PM | #4
I don't think I will re-roll at this very moment, but later when I have more time on my hands I will. It just seems too time consuming to do right now. Thank you all for the feedback

Ovarf
01.29.2012 , 07:38 PM | #5
one word about sentinels unless you are ok with a 14+ ability situational rotation and only want to play DPS stick with Guardian. with it you get a tank or DPS option and focus (the shared tree) in addition your focus tree combined with some other available abilities actually makes you then superior focus burst spec of the 2.

Atamosk
01.29.2012 , 08:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaspel View Post
No matter what advanced class you play, JK leveling is about as fun as the old testament until you get Doc.

Or so I'm told. The theory is sound, anyway. JK has no self healing, doesn't solo well without a healer companion. Simple.

i dont know where people get this idea. i use kira over doc. not because it is better, but because the content is flexible enough that i am able to use her.
running is never a bad thing

AngusFTW
01.29.2012 , 09:06 PM | #7
As a sentinel I think with mobs often times doc can mess up so i do think there is merit to using a geared up t7, scourge, kira etc. (especially tank companions scourge, rusk,t7)
With elites no question doc but with mobs depending on how strong the mobs are the healing from doc can cause quite a bit of aggro on him so obviously he dies then you get overpowered in a hurry he also manages to get himself quite a distance from you on a regular basis messing up preventing you from getting healed then you die.

Not saying it was an extremely regular occurrence but it can happen like i probably died more with mobs then i did facing off elites at the later stages of the game where i used doc 24 7 thinking back on it i should have used a gear up t7, scourge, kira or any of the other companions and used them during mobs battles...

Jengoo
01.29.2012 , 09:16 PM | #8
Most people are wrong about sentinel you have enough Damage and defense CDs to take out a target quickly and while using Kira she is a powerful companion who will kill just as quickly as you.

Sentinel have two main CDs for defense... use them? You'll find you're not so squishy then.

Once you get Doc your pretty much sorted make sure to keep him up to date with gear get him some mod-able stuff and keep upgrading him and you will not have a problem.

Watchmen spec is even better for sentinel Zen is up enough to keep you healed, and using the defense CDs at the right times sentinel can become none kill-able!

MAY BE CONSIDERED A SPOILER!!!!!!

the last event you need to use T7 for your last Class Quest no other companion is usable so make sure to pass some gear his way to!

Kanshan
01.29.2012 , 09:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaspel View Post

Lol 100% wrong.

Only time I ever used Doc is when it made me.
Used Kira 100% of the way never had any issues
Want to post feed back of why you're quitting? For the love of all that is good, post here http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349