Can you RE lvl 50 items at lower level?

mlambros

I had a general question. If your crew skill reaches 400 can you RE lvl 50 items when your toon is at a lower level?

For example, my Operative is at lvl 37 atm, however, my Cybertech and Scavenging are almost at 400. When they reach 400 will I be able to RE a Black Hole Mod for Stabilizers?

Wrong...

Once your crew skill is at 400 you can RE level 50 items. My scoundrel was at level 42 and my cybertech was at 400 and I was reversing level 26 (61 Rating) Mods.

So yes you can

This.

I have a level 20-ish toon that RE's Black Hole gear for stabs, the only restriction on RE'ing is the level of your crafting skill.

I had a general question. If your crew skill reaches 400 can you RE lvl 50 items when your toon is at a lower level?

For example, my Operative is at lvl 37 atm, however, my Cybertech and Scavenging are almost at 400. When they reach 400 will I be able to RE a Black Hole Mod for Stabilizers?

just legacy gear the mods , and that was intened that we can send mods to our other toons on our account for just this and other reason's ... I have two 400 BT and 2 400 Artfice you may ask why ? I have two account with at least one 50 on both .. the rest I don't have to explain the why's ...

Edited by tanktest

I leveled a sorc to 10 and took artificing for this exact reason. Now my main REs black hole and war hero armorings and mods from his drops and also legacy gear (from my other 50s) And now I send all the enhancements to the (now) level 20 sorc (400 artifice, just now -last night 400 archaeology, and 1 underworld trading). The only part that matters is the 400 artifice. She REs the enhancement and send the stabs back to my main. Then she crafts the enhancements she learns and I profit moor :)

I leveled a sorc to 10 and took artificing for this exact reason. Now my main REs black hole and war hero armorings and mods from his drops and also legacy gear (from my other 50s) And now I send all the enhancements to the (now) level 20 sorc (400 artifice, just now -last night 400 archaeology, and 1 underworld trading). The only part that matters is the 400 artifice. She REs the enhancement and send the stabs back to my main. Then she crafts the enhancements she learns and I profit moor :)

Some Players want this to stop sigh .....

Surely you can't be serious?

And, yes, I just called you Shirley.

Yes he's serious. I want this to stop even though I use this 'feature' today.

And it isn't for some elitist reasons but rather a belief that the best gear in the game should only be available by actually doing the toughest content in the game and very little if any of that gear should be craftable by players.

I don't feel my alts should have full sets of 61+ gear the moment they hit 50 nor do I feel this level of gear should be craftable in mass quantities by anyone using mats farm-able from space mission, PVP and cartel packs.

On the flip side I feel all the Tionese, Columni, Rakata stuff should have schematics that are readily available for crafting (trainer / comm vendors) while the BH / Campaign should have schematics available though RE of BH / Campaign gear.

And to some of the other posters, please show me where the devs said sending mods to alts to RE for schematics was intended.

They have said they know that this takes place and that they are not currently planning on changing it (other posts suggest changing the binding and mod system to disallow this would be complex and require lengthy development).

However, every post I've read with them commenting on mods and bound gear suggests the ability to to move bound mods along with dropping the 'crafted by' designation is an unintended consequence of early design decisions made when they build the game.

So while the end result is the same with us being able to move bound mods and drop 'crafted by' to RE, it was not put into this game BY DESIGN but rather is available to us because the decision made years ago on how to set up this system do not allow them to prevent this without major changes.

Edited by DawnAskham