No Armormech Crit on Legacy droid vendor?

Matty-Wan

I cant for the life of me figure why not? There is iirc a Synth, cyber, and arms crit modification part. Maybe biotech but i cant remember. Why would they leave out an Armormech crit droid modification?! Do you know how many BH armormechs there are with no way to improve their crit chance? Please BW, add this in asap.

Is this by design? Is there some system in place to maintain balance? I really cant imagine how the values offered on the droid vendor or really any of the stock companion bonuses contribute to some kind of crafting balance. Although, if this is not the case, that means the devs are just picking numbers at random. Please BW, let us know this is not the case....

Same for a Jugg Artifice no crit only efficiency. They should add in more choices to benefit all classes regardless of what their companions do only on certain classes.

It seems this is the very point of adding the option of custom bonus to your droid; to compensate for a companion bonus we are not given based on your class. To not include a crit bonus for each of the crafting skills makes zero sense or seems to make no sense.

What are the chances I could get a response from a Dev on what went into this decision? I am fascinated by what I fear may be the development strategy; adding random values to the crafting system. I cant for the life of me see how somebody thought this through.

Hopefully you guys are also sending it in as a /bug. I know I did. ('course, the response I got was a "we need more information about this: Character Name, Server Name, Class & Mission Name

So it seems likely their outsourced CS didn't understand the english I was using as Character name, server name, class & mission had nothing whatsoever to do with the issue.

Are the legacy droid sensors even working? I spent a lot of credits outfitting my ship droid and maxing out his affection, but the crafting stat bonuses from the sensor aren't being listed in the companion selection drop-down menu on the missions window. C2-N2 has the same lack of bonuses as before.

Further, the droid has only managed 2 crits in nearly 20 combines with max affection and the +5 synth crit sensor. I'm not convinced that they have any effect at all.

I was listening to a Podcast Interview with Damian Schubert on TOR Wars yesterday, during which he was asked about what was coming next for the Legacy system. He replied that if you looked in the "Coming Soon" section of the Legacy Rewards, you would get a sense of what they want to bring us in the next patch, so, being curious, I did exactly that last night. I noticed that on that Coming Soon page were a couple Crew Skill related Legacy rewards, that include a blanket +10 to all Crew Skill criticals.

Now of course, this isn't in the game now, and who knows if it will change between now and the next content patch, but having noticed this thread yesterday (since I just started Armormech on my new alt-turned-main) I was somewhat happy to see that maybe someday down the road we'll be able to obtain some extra Crit for Armor crafting.

Are the legacy droid sensors even working? I spent a lot of credits outfitting my ship droid and maxing out his affection, but the crafting stat bonuses from the sensor aren't being listed in the companion selection drop-down menu on the missions window. C2-N2 has the same lack of bonuses as before.

Further, the droid has only managed 2 crits in nearly 20 combines with max affection and the +5 synth crit sensor. I'm not convinced that they have any effect at all.

Same boat. I'm not at all convinced it works. My droid has yet to crit on any TH mission (only +2 but still.)

Edited by Polebreaker

Same boat. I'm not at all convinced it works. My droid has yet to crit on any TH mission (only +2 but still.)

I read some people have done a time comparison with an efficiency mod. While the stats do not show up in the crafting window, these testers claim that the efficiency time reduction is in fact working. We can assume if this is true that crit works as well despite not showing up as text in the crafting window.

I cant for the life of me figure why not? There is iirc a Synth, cyber, and arms crit modification part. Maybe biotech but i cant remember. Why would they leave out an Armormech crit droid modification?! Do you know how many BH armormechs there are with no way to improve their crit chance? Please BW, add this in asap.

Did you say the droid has a +crit to Armstech? Is that the Legacy system unlock droid? Dang, I need to get it.

Ha, try having both Slicing and Bioanalysis. Nether of those 2 professions are important enough to merit +anything from the droid. Be happy your professions at-least got something. Only 1 of my crew skills is eligible for a bonus and its a +2 eff. Edited by Tipkaee

Bump, I was just about to make a thread about this.

Considering Smuggler is one of the two classes that uses these items it would be handy to either have an item on the droid or a companion that has it.